PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking...

rice_eater
07-09-2003, 11:23 PM
why don't they have race the cops events at race city? they have them in some places in canada, why not here also? I think a lot more people would go to the track then coz it'd be pretty cool IMO to actually see how you'd do vs a cop car :dunno:

Weapon_R
07-09-2003, 11:24 PM
Maybe it's never been proposed...

T5Bird
07-10-2003, 06:36 AM
Most cop cars are very slow on the quarter (mid 16's -20's :barf: ), with the exception of the Camaro and mustang interceptors. :thumbsup: I've seen these guys run at a few tracks though! :burnout: http://www.supercops.net/vehicle.htm

redline_13000
07-10-2003, 07:08 AM
would still be fun racing one though:D

mad_psyentist
07-10-2003, 07:17 AM
Is this "race a cop" thing just on the 1/4 mile? It'd be interesting to race them around the track if that was ever possible.

rice_eater
07-10-2003, 09:28 AM
around the track it would be NUTS! but it wouldn't be open to many people coz you need a racing licence don't you so you can go on the track? therefor only a few would be able to go. As for quarter mile i think it'd still be tons of fun and attract a lot of people even if cops aren't the fastest...i don't think they'd be that slow though coz you always see them take off like mad...either way i think it'd be an awesome idea

ecstasy_civic
07-10-2003, 09:30 AM
they used to have it out here in BC. out at mission raceway we could race the cops in our cars at school drag days.

the fastest one was a low 15 and it was a lumina or crown vic. i think.

good idea to propose to race city.

Abom
07-10-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
they used to have it out here in BC. out at mission raceway we could race the cops in our cars at school drag days.

the fastest one was a low 15 and it was a lumina or crown vic. i think.

good idea to propose to race city.

I hated Mission, it was always closed for whatever BS reason :dunno: But anyways, yeah, it would be a good idea. And I dunno if the cops are THAT slow :thumbsup:

rice_eater
07-10-2003, 10:23 AM
so how would one go about proposing that to race city/CPD?

ecstasy_civic
07-10-2003, 10:23 AM
mission rules dude, your on crack lol.

you can pull off wicked times. my friends z28 pulled a 13.8 there where he would have run a mid-high 14 here.

fast95pony
07-10-2003, 11:05 AM
I don't think the CPS recognise Secret Street. There was an article in the Sun about ayear ago about Secret Street. The reporter asked the cops what they thought ,and they basically said "No comment".

ecstasy_civic
07-10-2003, 11:08 AM
then they would have a chance to take out some aggression on street racers:)

but also they could wait outside and nail every single person for having an oversized exhaust and numerous other tickets.

BigMass
07-11-2003, 12:31 PM
the last thing we need at the track are cops casually busting people for window tint, exhaust or after market tail lights. I think if that happened half of the people wouldnt bother going. Most people that race their daily driver and dont tow their car to the track would be too scared to chance the cops. I've met some cops that were real pricks about things like that, and with their stupid ticket quota i wouldn't put it past them to take any opportunity they had to write out bullshit tickets

Khyron
07-11-2003, 03:58 PM
Especially with the current "enlarged cosmetic tailpipe" BS thing.

Khyron

rice_eater
07-11-2003, 07:43 PM
YOu guys are getting off track here...if the whole point is getting the people to come and race at the track than on the street the cops wouldn't be such morrons as to pull that shit over there and shoot themselves in the foot...i mean really think about it!

Maxt
07-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Hmm, don't know how that would go down, if you ran really quick time against a cop car, not to sure how they would treat you after that on the street, if you were in a car they knew they had no chance against on the track, they might be cool about it, or they tear your car apart after you car covers 10 ft on public roads, who knows...
They would definetly know how loud a car is and if the exhaust has been tampered with if they ran against it..
with that in mind, keep them out of secret street, they have no business there, unless they are campaigning their own personal cars...Maxt