PDA

View Full Version : cs555 remote with cs3000+

goodchris
10-15-2007, 03:09 PM
I have a cs555 remote for the car and it seems to have deprogrammed or unsynched.

I have tried to start the car, push button 1 and take the key out but the car turns off. (however the parking lights do flash when I push the button)

I'm looking for whichever combo og button pushes is required to make this work again.

It is used for starteing the car and also remote entry.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Strugari
10-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Check the fuses first. If the lights flash when you push the button, the transmitter is still programmed.
Also check all connections at the ignition switch.
Check the hood switch to make sure it is OK.:thumbsup:

goodchris
10-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi, Thanks for helping!

The fuse is good. I tried the hood switch and it doesn't turn the lights on and off at all... heven't dwevled into the ignition wires yet but there is something else..

It seems that some GMAC door remotes actually start my car. My neighbor can start my car with his door unlock remote but I can't with my remote..

Does this make any sense?

Thanks in advance

Strugari
10-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Check the connection to the parklights. (Purple Wire)
Once you confirm that wire is OK, disconnect the hood switch and ground the wire directly to ground. The park lights should come on. If they do the switch needs to be cleaned or replaced.
If they do not, the unit may be faulty. The park lights have to come on to program a transmitter.

I have seen other transmitters work on command starts. If the frequency is close, it can work.:thumbsup: