PDA

View Full Version : Protein!

LongCity
10-15-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm just curious, is it generally bad to drink protein shakes daily and just run a few times a week?! Or would it just be like eating more meat?

jav_
10-16-2007, 12:12 AM
dont see anything bad with it...

adidas
10-16-2007, 12:17 AM
What do protein and running have in common?

Its like saying, Can i workout my biceps and then do triceps the next day?!:rolleyes:

LongCity
10-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Well for starters, both muscles are located on the upper half of the arms.

I was asking because often people who work out drink shakes and stuff of that sort, since running (more so jogging) isn't as straining on your muscles I was wondering what would happen.

punj_abi
10-16-2007, 09:40 AM
it would help.

adidas
10-16-2007, 09:51 AM
If you wanted you could work ur bi's and tri's in the same day, its not smart but its doable.

Protein shakes are meant to replace meals. IF you weigh 200lbs you should be taking 200g+ of protein a day. If you eat 4 meals and then 2 protein shakes to make up for the 2 meals(6 in total) then that is all fine.

So with that being said i just dont see what protein shakes would do for your running. They might give you a little more energy but thats about it.

jtl
10-16-2007, 11:22 AM
I dont work out nearly as much as I did in the summer since school started... but I still take protein shake once a day. Mainly because it suppresses my appetite until after class when I actually have time to eat. I guess it cant hurt if you're physically active on a regular basis.

teggypimp95
10-16-2007, 11:24 AM
If your looking to gain from the protein shake, its best to drink with in 45min after your work out.

BrknFngrs
10-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Theres nothing wrong with taking a protein shake everyday, if it is a gainer however, you may find you put on some fat if your only running a few times a week.

three.eighteen.
10-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by adidas

Protein shakes are meant to replace meals.

No. Protein SUPPLEMENTS are used to increase protein intake over regular food. Protein shakes do not equal regular food.

cdnsir
10-16-2007, 04:29 PM
True. But if you mix it with milk. You'll be surprised at how much calories and protein that thing packs. Other than you might still be hungry after you're finished, it can easily replace a light lunch.

ercchry
10-16-2007, 04:37 PM
So with that being said i just dont see what protein shakes would do for your running. They might give you a little more energy but thats about it.

how about keeping his muscle so it doesnt get burned off from running :dunno:

and if you take in too much protein it will be stored as fat

GTS Jeff
10-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by cdnsir
True. But if you mix it with milk. You'll be surprised at how much calories and protein that thing packs. Other than you might still be hungry after you're finished, it can easily replace a light lunch. You're gonna get scurvy.

fuckGTSJeff
10-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

fuckgtsjeff2
10-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

GTS Jeff
10-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Yep, those are my emails - I live in Pennsylvania. Good job TNation.

Hakkola
10-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Don't mess with someone with a nutrition degree, you'll find yourself banned, not once, not twice, but 3 times. :rofl:

GTS Jeff
10-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Don't mess with someone with a nutrition degree, you'll find yourself banned, not once, not twice, but 3 times. :rofl: Make that NINE times :rofl: This guy is out to set the record for biggest troll:

TNation
ilinfiniti
infinity98
Kamikaze1
TNationFTW
spamm
beyondbitch
fuckGTSJeff
fuckgtsjeff2

And here is one that's obviously him, but the account isn't activated yet. :rofl: :rofl:

jeffbeastiality

V6-BoI
10-16-2007, 09:56 PM
If you wanted you could work ur bi's and tri's in the same day, its not smart but its doable.

Hmm... why isn't this a smart idea? Don't mean to jack the thread or anything just wonderng why you say this.

Darkane
10-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Yes Protein shakes are fine. I wouldn't quite use them for meal replacment, but use them to supplement the amount of whole food you eat. Whey is a really fast protein so if you do have just that for protein eat it with some oats or something like that to slow down the digestion. Mixing with Casien and eating cottage cheese is a good bedtime snack! :thumbsup:

FlamingC19
10-17-2007, 07:56 PM

There is nothing wrong with working your bi's and tri's in the same workout. Many trainers actually recommend it.

dimi
10-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by scotty_69

There is nothing wrong with working your bi's and tri's in the same workout. Many trainers actually recommend it.

Well you usually stimulate your triceps when you do chest, and stimulate biceps when you do your back(lats), so I prefer doing chest/tri & back/bi. Whatever routine works for you best though.

Destinova403
10-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Make that NINE times :rofl: This guy is out to set the record for biggest troll:

TNation
ilinfiniti
infinity98
Kamikaze1
TNationFTW
spamm
beyondbitch
fuckGTSJeff
fuckgtsjeff2

And here is one that's obviously him, but the account isn't activated yet. :rofl: :rofl:

jeffbeastiality

he has over 15 accounts still active on beyond, and he posts daily on another "
"second gear" account.

GTS Jeff
10-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403

he has over 15 accounts still active on beyond, and he posts daily on another "
"second gear" account. Yeah, and he's such a little bitch that he's too scared to be his usual douchebag self with those accounts. Besides, Beyond obviously doesn't want him here, so why would he stick around in a place where he's not wanted?

You seem alright, and I can't blame you for sticking up for a buddy, but why do you have such a douchebag friend? You should be banned too, so you realize it's really not cool to be some 15-account troll.

Destinova403
10-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Yeah, and he's such a little bitch that he's too scared to be his usual douchebag self with those accounts. Besides, Beyond obviously doesn't want him here, so why would he stick around in a place where he's not wanted?

You seem alright, and I can't blame you for sticking up for a buddy, but why do you have such a douchebag friend? You should be banned too, so you realize it's really not cool to be some 15-account troll.

lol... i should be banned :( im sorry :( LOL what did i do?

Donmega
10-19-2007, 12:55 PM

I usually go through a routine where i work both out in the same day, works great for me :)