PDA

View Full Version : Production Camaro Spotted

Gripenfelter
10-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Production car spotted. Note the different mirrors, smaller wheels, hidden B-pillar, slimmer width, and longer wheelbase. Here's a good comparison pic.

http://www.frostbyte.ca/test%20templatepg3/main%20gallery%20source/O7%20CAMARO%20CONCEPT.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/face440/pics/ed_camaro_101607_mod1.jpg

From Scott Settlemire:

Good afternoon, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends!

Three items for you to share..........

......Did you ever find yourself wanting to own a replica of 'Bumblebee?'

You could be one of three lucky winners! Yes -- they'll be production Camaros -- and yes, they'll be painted in that special color that Bumblebee wears.

Simply go to www.chevy.com/camaro to sign up!

Also -- you'll want to visit www.chevynation.com

Once there, click on "Chevy Club House" -- and then click on the Silver Camaro Concept........ then click on "Camaro Now" --

Each month we'll be posting 'stuff' that you won't want to miss. Now -- don't expect to find a complete order guide and glossy color photos of the new Camaro ...............................yet!............. But we'll be updating each month - and you do NOT want to miss November.

Finally -- a word about the recent blogs out there --

Yes-- the Camaro will have a key. (versus pushbutton start)

Yes -- it will be a model year 2010 -- but we have not moved the 'start-up' date. We'll start building Camaros in the 4th quarter of 2008 -- and they'll be in dealerships in the first quarter of 2009.

Yes - the new Camaro will have a B-pillar. BUT - it isn't noticable from the outside. Think of a first gen with the rear window in the up position. The rear window will cover the B-pillar and there will be a weatherstrip attached. The B-pillar is necessary for several reasons -- the most important being:
>reduction of mass
>structural rigidity

.....and, I think we're safe in saying this: The production car is so close to the concept -- that if we were driving down the road in a production Camaro coupe in Silver -- and you passed us going the other way -- you'd swear it was the Silver concept.

The Future just keeps getting brighter and brighter!

Good luck -- and we hope that all three Bumblebee Camaros will go to good homes in the Camaro/Firebird Enthusiast community!

R!zz0
10-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Nice. What's gonna happen to the Vette? Wont the camaros be pushing about the same horsepower and torque? I don't know if it's true or not...I heard that Corvettes will be splitting from Chevy to make it a prestige brand. (November issue of Motor Trend)

mark4091
10-17-2007, 05:10 PM
^ good question.....but I dount they would split.

sputnik
10-17-2007, 09:53 PM
The higher end Camaros have always competed in terms of HP with the base model Corvettes.

The Corvette takes the Camaro in the corners and the higher end models like the Z06 will still be more powerful.

This is really nothing new.

b_t
10-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by mark4091
^ good question.....but I dount they would split.

Overseas the Corvette brand has already split from Chevrolet and is sold primarily through Cadillac dealerships if I remember right. There are some local dealerships that have even renamed themselves to suggest the Corvette is something different (Shaganappi Chevrolet / Corvette)

Ever since GM has made the Corvette they have had a mandate that no car can be faster than the Corvette. But I am pretty sure they only compare it to the fastest Corvette, which now has 600+ horsepower, so I would think a Camaro SS with 450+ horsepower is not out of the question :D

mark4091
10-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Oh I see, well I guess it could happen.

I was wondering.... whats going to happen with the firebird? is pontiac going to tweak it a bit and sell it differently? or is there even going to be one?

ZorroAMG
10-17-2007, 10:18 PM
But the interiors are soo....

Juuuust kidding!

I'd like to see what it looks like un-camo'd!

R!zz0
10-18-2007, 05:41 PM
whats going to happen with the firebird? is pontiac going to tweak it a bit and sell it differently? or is there even going to be one?

I don't think they will bring back "Firechicken"
They got kicked in the nuts with the GTO.

spikerS
10-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Oh I see, well I guess it could happen.

I was wondering.... whats going to happen with the firebird? is pontiac going to tweak it a bit and sell it differently? or is there even going to be one?

i really doubt the firebird will be brought back. before they discontinued the trans-am and the firebird, they were pretty much the same thing as the camaro.

however there were rumors not long ago that they were going to bring the trans-am back as the entery level muscle car, the camaro the mid level, and the corvette as tops. mind you, i have not heard this rumor for some time.

Destinova403
10-23-2007, 11:57 AM
its such a sweet car... but i would honestly probably buy a Challenger first.... both these cars are absolutely sweet.

treg50
10-23-2007, 12:00 PM
GTO's a great car to update, the Holden they wanted to use was a bad choice and just wasn't worthy.

Man, the return of the Firebird would be neat. Pontiac Firebird and Camaro Z28, fuck those were the days!! :D Trans-Am is just not a good name any more. It's too similar to Grand-Am.

I'm talking 1970's, not K.I.T.T and not the 90's version... any version from 1971-1979! Ohhhh yeahhhhh.

http://pontiac.cz/graphics/gallery/full/1977-Pontiac-Firebird.001.jpg