PDA

View Full Version : Red light runner

mwmhong
07-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Last night around 8:20 on Southbound Sarcee at Bow Trail, this Champagne colored Saab (or Volvo?) convertible with license plate 'JEAN 6' was right beside me. We were both waiting at the red for the green so we can continue straight down Southbound Sarcee.

Then the green arrows for left turns from N/S Sarcee to W/E Bow Trail go on and people start turning and this idiot just blows straight through the intersection like there was a green light to go ahead. This station wagon with this cowboy dude pulls up beside me and we both shake our heads and laugh. :rofl:

rice_eater
07-10-2003, 11:32 AM
too bad there was no big truck going through the intersection

tegdream
07-10-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
too bad there was no big truck going through the intersection

yeha "too bad" :guns: :banghead:

Ta_Ta
07-16-2003, 11:17 AM
I wonder how did that person got his/her driver license the first place. That person is lucky no accident happen.... Damn those stupid drivers....

Hipermax_d
07-16-2003, 12:46 PM
is it just me or do i encounter lots of people doing that these days

some ppl just dont have the patients to wait an extra 30 seconds

mad_psyentist
07-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Hipermax_d
is it just me or do i encounter lots of people doing that these days

some ppl just dont have the patients to wait an extra 30 seconds

That, or they can't distinguish between a green light and a green arrow.

rice_eater
07-17-2003, 02:49 AM
man i dont know...yeasterday i almost got rearended really bad by a bug truck just because i wanted to stop for the red light! All this hardcore advertising of stopping at every light is not as safe as it seems...

James
07-17-2003, 02:59 AM
Thats wierd, ive seen it happen a few times, one time by a friend of mine who i wont mention his name to save embarrasment :rofl:.....i was in the middle lane on mcleod, he was in the left lane. I start dialing his # on my phone, and i see him start to go, look up , the light was still Red, but the turning light was a flashing green,:confused: im like WTF is he doin!..."Hey, dumbass, you just ran a red light!"....."What, really?, where?.oh well" ......:rofl:

Illusionsir
07-17-2003, 03:46 AM
i have a similar story, i was waiting at a red light to turn left. the turning light finally comes on, i didnt go right away because i was fumbling with a cd just as im about to go, this jackass waiting at the other set of lights just takes off through the intersection. he probibly wasnt paying attention and saw the other lights going yellow so he assumed that their would be a turning light. fuck i hate people that dont pay attention when driving!! they could seriously hurt someone!

EG STyLeZ
07-17-2003, 04:16 AM
i've seen this quite a few times before. it's cause people aren't paying attention and look at the wrong light or whatever and just go.

GTS Jeff
07-17-2003, 10:05 AM
ive "almost" done this a couple times but i always catch myself in time. its cuz when your mind is on something else, ure sort of on autopilot, and a green light and seeing cars next to u starting to move = go.

of course i only did this when i drove automatic...cuz it takes more effort to get moving in a manual.

Abom
07-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
ive "almost" done this a couple times but i always catch myself in time. its cuz when your mind is on something else, ure sort of on autopilot, and a green light and seeing cars next to u starting to move = go.

:werd: Driving while really pre-occupied = bad.