PDA

View Full Version : Need help buying new Acura

Mott
10-17-2007, 03:27 PM
I am shopping or a new Acura and was wondering if there are any sites I can see what the dealership pays for the car and what I should be able to get off of the car. I am looking at a 2007 RL right now. Any tools or suggestions towards Acura cars woul dbe helpful. Looking to spend about 30k with no leather.

PSIx20
10-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Unfortunately you can not see online what dealers pay for the car from the manufacturers.
But you can go to 3-4 different Acura dealerships and say well this one said $35,000... if you beat it i will buy it from you. Then they beat it... and you go to another dealer and do the process all over again. :D

Russo
10-17-2007, 04:28 PM
dude delears dont make much $ of cars... so trust me u wont get discount + on acuras they dont do that... i work for acura and i know that 100%, we get ppl like u all the time...

n1zm0
10-17-2007, 04:32 PM
lol! 30K for a new 07 RL? out of your price range, plus leather is standard, your only real options are 18" rims, A spec kit and bs like wheel locks and block heater cord..

30k you can get used TSX fully loaded

plus RL's are special order usually, the most stock of 07 RLs i can remember was 5 of them and those were the first ones we ever got.

Team_Mclaren
10-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Mott
I am shopping or a new Acura and was wondering if there are any sites I can see what the dealership pays for the car and what I should be able to get off of the car. I am looking at a 2007 RL right now. Any tools or suggestions towards Acura cars woul dbe helpful. Looking to spend about 30k with no leather.

couple things:

1. There is a site (forgot where) that tells you the approx price of what each dealer pays for their vehicles from the manufacturer, google it you might find it.
2. 2007 RL comes in one trim with leather only
3. You cant even buy a newer gen 2004 RL for 30K, let alone 2007.

lint
10-17-2007, 05:14 PM
www.carcostcanada.com

pay service to get invoice pricing and dealer incentive information

SilverGS
10-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Edmunds has Invoice Price for the US

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/acura/rl/100810091/prices.html

I believe there is usually a 7-8% margin on basic cars like the a Civic or RSX but there is a bit more wiggle room for the higher up Luxury lines, 8-9% I think.

Options always have more of a markup as well so if they won't drop the price more maybe get a deal on some options.

Hmmm 45k in the US versus 65K in Canada. Maybe a good candidate to get in the States

Aleks
10-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Russo
dude delears dont make much $ of cars... so trust me u wont get discount + on acuras they dont do that... i work for acura and i know that 100%, we get ppl like u all the time...

I have walked in a few times and been offered 5% off without even mentioning carcostcanada. So I'd say there are discounts to be had.

jdmXSI
10-17-2007, 07:03 PM
A friend of mine was looking at the RL just a couple of weeks ago and ended up buying the TL Type-S. same engine, close to the same options and its less money. Drive the TL type-S before you get the RL:thumbsup: