PDA

View Full Version : Fs: Only Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Ix In Canada

eggy
10-18-2007, 08:20 AM
This car is one of a kind. It breaks necks on a daily basis and it truly the best bang for the buck out there. HOWEVER. THIS CAR CANNOT BE REGISTERED IN CANADA. THIS MEANS IT CAN BE USED FOR TRACK, SHOW, COLLECTING, ETC. IF IT IS REGISTERED IN THE US AND DRIVEN IN CANADA, THEN IT'S OK. If you are still interested after reading that please read on
Year : 2006
Make and Model : Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Edition
Exterior Color : Wicked White
Interior Color : Black alcantara and leather
Auto or Manual? : 6-speed manual
Odometer Reading : 20,000 miles
Location of Vehicle : Toronto, Ontario
Description : The car is a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR. It is by far the most exciting car I have ever driven, and it has put smiles on the faces of owners of cars worth twice the price. For pure driving experience, this car is VERY hard to beat.

The car has around 20k miles on it and it has been maintained meticulously throughout its entire life. This includes routine oil changes every 3000 miles, and the appropriate service at 15000 miles. It is mechanically flawless and runs better exactly as it did when I drove it off the lot. The clutch is still very strong and grabs the same as it always has, as I never launch the car and rev-match every downshift.

Cosmetically the car has 2 blemishes. Fortunately they are both on easily replaceable parts. The first is on the front lip and the other is on the left side mirror. I would give this car a 9.5 out of 10 aesthetically for that reason.

The MR consists of the following upgrades from the factory: 6-speed, Bilstein monotube shocks, split seven-spoke forged aluminum BBS wheels (replaced with aftermarket), aluminum roof, gauge pack, HID headlights with integrated fog lights, vortex generator, and custom MR badging (replaced with aftermarket).

Warranty still exists and is good for another 80000 miles or 9 years!

Extras :
Jun BL cat-back
compustar alarm
sub/amp/component speakers in the front and alpine HU
3 defi gauges w/ control unit
Swift springs
Advan RCIIs gold 18" w/ 245/40/18 tires
stubby antenna
k&N filter
yellow fogs
Tinted windows 35 in the front and 20 in the rear
Evolution IX UK black badging in the rear.

Asking Price : $40,000 OBO (flexible if serious buyer)

Aaron
E-Mail : [email protected] (I have messenger as well)
Phone : E-mail preferred

Pictures :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/trueegg/tint4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/trueegg/tint3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/trueegg/tint1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/trueegg/matt7.jpg

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY.

PINOY-X
10-18-2007, 08:25 AM
questions ... is this a track car or just a show car?... and how was it brought to canada ?

and fyi
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=30195005&pgno=1&srt=1

eggy
10-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by PINOY-X
questions ... is this a track car or just a show car?... and how was it brought to canada ?

and fyi
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=30195005&pgno=1&srt=1

I have no idea what the link was because it won't let me access it.

Also, please read closely. From my knowledge it is the only Lancer evolution IX MR Edition . I have heard of a few Evo VIIIs.

This car was driven with US plates as I am a dual citizen. If you can find a way to register it then you can drive it. Otherwise it can only be used for non-street purposes.

4WARNED
10-18-2007, 08:56 AM
That link was for this out of Burnaby, BC..

"2006 MITSUBISHI EVOLUTION EVO IX, AWD, 11000 km, 7000 miles-US spec. Strictly maintained. Exterior graphite, Interior black/grey. Solid top. Vehicle located in Blaine. You already know the rest, $28600."

Everyone on this site knows that other than the 15 EVo VIII's registered for street duty, any other EVO's up in Canada are for track/show use only....unless someone is visiting for the US and brought their car with them.

Might be a hard sell.....it's like having a supermodel wife sealed in a glass box....nice to have, but no fun if you can't play with it..i consider myself very lucky to have one of those 15...

eggy
10-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by 4WARNED
That link was for this out of Burnaby, BC..

"2006 MITSUBISHI EVOLUTION EVO IX, AWD, 11000 km, 7000 miles-US spec. Strictly maintained. Exterior graphite, Interior black/grey. Solid top. Vehicle located in Blaine. You already know the rest, $28600."

Everyone on this site knows that other than the 15 EVo VIII's registered for street duty, any other EVO's up in Canada are for track/show use only....unless someone is visiting for the US and brought their car with them.

Might be a hard sell.....it's like having a supermodel wife sealed in a glass box....nice to have, but no fun if you can't play with it..i consider myself very lucky to have one of those 15...

I'm assuming for that price it's an RS or GSR model?

It is going to be a hard sell, but I'm hoping it will find a good home.

I hope the owner of that Evo in BC isn't trying to play it off as a Canadiancar.

Tons of people have dedicated track Evos and show evos in the states. I figure someone in Canada would probably want one too.

4WARNED
10-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by eggy

I'm assuming for that price it's an RS or GSR model?

It is going to be a hard sell, but I'm hoping it will find a good home.

I hope the owner of that Evo in BC isn't trying to play it off as a Canadiancar.

Tons of people have dedicated track Evos and show evos in the states. I figure someone in Canada would probably want one too.

Not sure.....when he lists the whereabouts of the car as Blaine, WA, that should be a tipoff to be any buyer ..

Good luck on the sale....

gamman
10-18-2007, 09:37 PM
No, there is another one.

It is in the impound yard at customs, sweetgrass. :cry:

It may never get more north than its 100x100 caged and fenced compound. Sad. When the 2008's come out, maybe it will be easier to get these things in canada. THe new ones are same hp with more weight. :thumbsdow

I drove through last week, it was yellow. That is going to hurt someone. They don't just grown on trees, and it ain't a lemon.

4WARNED
10-19-2007, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by gamman
No, there is another one.

It is in the impound yard at customs, sweetgrass. :cry:

It may never get more north than its 100x100 caged and fenced compound. Sad. When the 2008's come out, maybe it will be easier to get these things in canada. THe new ones are same hp with more weight. :thumbsdow

I drove through last week, it was yellow. That is going to hurt someone. They don't just grown on trees, and it ain't a lemon.

I was at the crossing when that kid tried to bring his EVO VIII across.....it wasn't pretty. That was August 2...and it's still there....

eggy
10-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Exactly why this is a good opportunity. It's already here in Canada and there's no need to register it if it's going to be used for non-street purposes.

:)

gamman
10-20-2007, 04:35 PM
I was at the crossing...

was there a write up on it? I really would want to hear the story.

4WARNED
10-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by gamman
I was at the crossing...

was there a write up on it? I really would want to hear the story.

My apologies to the thread derail.....Yeah, it's pretty sad actually....kid and his mom followed ME home in my EVO one night....asking all sorts of question, how did i get it here, etc....explained to him it was one of the 15 lucky ones. Anyways, that yellow EVO at the border is his...parents had just split up and he moved to Calgary with his mom. Got all excited when he saw my EVO up here as he thought you can't import them (which is correct)....i simply told him that if his dad still has a residence in California, to keep the plate from CALI on it and simply drive it across....easy.

Well, the night i came across with my GT500, i saw him pulled into the inspection line....his only comment was, "yeah, we're gonna try to sneak it across with an ALBERTA plate"......i shook my head and knew what was going to happen.....my geuss is the car is now evidence in a fraud case (the plate came off his GMC Jimmy)...

eggy
10-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Exactly. If you have american plates you are good to go.

Otherwise don't even think about it as a street car in Canada.

sigolajassi
10-22-2007, 02:45 PM
there is one guy in edmonton has the evo VIII with canada registered and insured...
how did that happen?!?

Weapon_R
10-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Got it registered and insured before RIV put it on their inadmissible list. The one posted here is NOT the same as it's flagged and cannot be registered in Canada.

DGill
10-22-2007, 02:57 PM
sucks that it cant be registered but thats one nice car :thumbsup:

Sparx
10-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Anyone wanna loan me 40K? Ill just register it under my parents address in Georgia :bigpimp:

Goo_wak_jai
10-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Thats not the only one, theres another one here in calgary, a silver metalic one. I don't know who it belongs too but i saw some old man driving it.

4WARNED
10-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Goo_wak_jai
Thats not the only one, theres another one here in calgary, a silver metalic one. I don't know who it belongs too but i saw some old man driving it.

That "old man" you spotted is Vertigo on this forum.....rally car driver, performance driving instructor, etc.....

GT4rally
10-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by 4WARNED

That "old man" you spotted is Vertigo on this forum.....rally car driver, performance driving instructor, etc.....

Yup... that "old guy" will drive circles around ANYONE on this forum! One of the few who knows how to properly drive an Evo.

Back on topic; could this car be re-shelled?
Does the regular Lancer have the same shell as the Evo??

*prettyboy*
10-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Teggy
10-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Guys why not just buy the car, part it up, and bring it over as parts, and a rolling chassis. re-assemble it as a kit car, and it can be registered?????

jdmXSI
10-23-2007, 01:07 PM
There were 3 EVO's that made it into Calgary before transport Canada caught wind of them being inadmissable. One is White One is Black and i am un-sure or the 3rd. They are all registered in Calgary. Not sure how many made it into Canada before they became inadmissable though. Beautiful car though!!!:thumbsup:

Go_Lancer_Go
10-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Teggy
Guys why not just buy the car, part it up, and bring it over as parts, and a rolling chassis. re-assemble it as a kit car, and it can be registered?????

good question

iamkorean
11-13-2007, 09:17 PM
yeah i was thinking the same...
you know even buy a reg. lancer, take the serial and slap it on the evo... ? that's illigal but,,
yeah what if you gutted the evo and rebuild it in the shell of just reg lancer with all the evo goodies in it?
i was dreamming of that one nite hehe:drool:

iamkorean
11-13-2007, 09:18 PM
are you the one on ebay by any chance??

mac_82
11-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Teggy

There is at least 1 jdm STi in Toronto that has done exactly that. I believe it has a new VIN after being registered. Owner posts on the Toronto Subaru Club if you are looking for more info.

Sorry for the hijack. :love:

reiRei
11-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by sigolajassi
there is one guy in edmonton has the evo VIII with canada registered and insured...
how did that happen?!?

he found a legal evo VIII with an owner willing to part with it on the east coast, and drove it to Edmonton.

There are only 2 Evo's in Calgary, One white (4Warned) and one Silver (Vertigo)

There is NOTHING you can do to make this car legal in Canada. NOTHING.

good for show, good for track. Not good for street..

good luck with the sale, sorry for the hijack

mac_82
11-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by reiRei
There is NOTHING you can do to make this car legal in Canada. NOTHING.

Here is the car I was talking about. It is a 1997 RHD verIII STi.

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94206

This car was purchased as separate parts, and licensed as a rebuilt/kit car with a new VIN issued by the MTO

I am not sure if he needed a donor car for the VIN or not, but it is possible. The guys email address is in the thread if anyone is interested in talking to him in detail. If this can be done in Ontario, I am sure it is even easier to do in Alberta.

Go_Lancer_Go
11-14-2007, 01:29 AM
this care hasnt sold yet has it?