PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed North American specs for Evo X.

benyl
10-18-2007, 10:41 AM
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution At-A-Glance

October 17, 2007 -- Cypress, Calif. -- While remaining true to the core values that have made the Lancer Evolution synonymous with thrilling performance, the next-generation 2008 model offers all-around capability and user technology that distinguish the world's best performance models.

The 2008 Lancer Evolution showcases new performance and handling technology, including an all-new 295-hp (est.) 2.0-liter turbocharged and intercooled engine and the Super-All Wheel Control (S-AWC) dynamic handling system. S-AWC regulates drive torque at each wheel by controlling a network of dynamic handling technologies, including: Active Center Differential (ACD) 4-wheel drive, Active Yaw Control (AYC) rear differential, Active Stability Control (ASC), and Sport ABS brakes. Integration of ASC is new for all markets. A helical gear-type limited-slip front differential is used.

The 2008 Lancer Evolution is powered by a 2.0-liter intercooled-turbocharged 2.0-liter DOHC inline 4-cylinder based on a reinforced cast-aluminum cylinder block. Unlike the 4G63 engine used in the previous Lancer Evolution, the new 4B11 engine does not use a balancer shaft, made possible by the new engine's inherently lower noise and vibration and use of hydraulic engine mounts.

The new engine employs a direct-acting valvetrain in place of the previous roller rocker arm configuration for reduced weight. A timing chain replaces the belt, and MIVEC variable valve timing is used on both the intake and exhaust camshafts (the 4G63 had MIVEC on the intake only). The rear-located (firewall side) stainless steel exhaust manifold helps improve weight distribution.

A shark-nosed front end inspired by jet fighter air intakes, a distinct wedge-like profile and crisp, taut lines highlight the basic design. The new Lancer Evolution looks the part of a street-wise sports machine with its unique front end, aggressively sloping hood with integral air scoop and engine heat outlets, boxed fenders and 18-inch wheels.

Two Lancer Evolution models will be offered in the U.S. for 2008: the GSR with a new 5-speed manual transmission and the Lancer Evolution MR with a new 6-speed Twin-Clutch Sportronic Shift Transmission (TC-SST), an automated manual transmission with magnesium steering wheel shifter paddles and a console shifter. The MR is also equipped exclusively with Bilstein shock absorbers and Eibach springs, two-piece brake rotors, BBS forged-alloy wheels, HID headlamps and Bluetooth wireless capability.

A longer wheelbase and wider track form the foundation for better handling and stability in the 2008 Lancer Evolution.

The basic all-new Lancer platform – already stiffer than the previous-generation Lancer Evolution IX – is further reinforced for the 2008 Lancer Evolution. The roof, hood, front fenders and both the front and rear bumper beams are aluminum. The battery and windshield washer fluid tank are mounted in the trunk area for better weight distribution.

The Lancer Evolution features its own suspension system, including inverted struts in front and a rear multi-link configuration. Forged aluminum components reduce unsprung weight. The 18 x 8.5-inch wheels (Enkei cast-alloy on GSR and BBS forged-alloy on MR) carry 245/40R18 Yokohama ADVAN asymmetrical performance tires, a change from the 17 x 8-inch wheels with 235/45R17 directional tires used on the previous model.

The 2008 Lancer Evolution is now a markedly better car for everyday driving. The suspension is tuned to provide a more compliant and stable ride than before without compromising handling performance. Inside, the Lancer Evolution shows a new international flair. The new Recaro seats integrate new side airbags. Available user technology, including Rockford Fosgate® audio and navigation systems, reflects the tastes of a broadening customer base. Standard safety features include an advanced dual front air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) with occupant sensors, standard front seat-mounted side-impact air bags and side curtain air bags, plus a driver's knee air bag.

Key Specifications
Wheelbase: 104.3 in.
Length: 177.0 in.
Height: 58.3 in.
Width: 71.3 in.
Engine: DOHC MIVEC 2.0-liter inline 4; intercooled/turbocharged
Horsepower: 295 (est.) @ 6,500 rpm
Torque: 300 lb.-ft. (est.) @ 4,400 rpm
Transmission: GSR: 5-speed manual
MR: 6-speed TC-SST with magnesium steering wheel shifter paddles
Dynamics: Super-All Wheel Control with Active Center Differential (ACD) 4-wheel drive, Active Yaw Control (AYC) rear differential, Active Stability Control (ASC) and Sports ABS
Wheels: GSR: 18 x 8.5 Enkei cast alloy
MR: 18 x 8.5 BBS forged alloy
Tires: 245/40R18 Yokohama ADVAN asymmetrical performance tires

Major Standard Features

* 140-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with digital signal processing, MP3 playback capability and six speakers
* Anti-theft engine immobilizer and security alarm
* Automatic climate control system
* Center floor console box with armrest
* Color-keyed outer door handles and side view mirrors
* Cruise control
* Dual-stage front air bag SRS with front passenger occupant sensors, curtain side air bags, driver's knee air bag, and front seat mounted side-impact air bags
* Floor mats
* Fog lights
* Folding side view mirrors
* Front map lamps
* Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
* Power door locks
* Power windows with driver's one-touch up/down
* Rear seat heater floor ducts
* Rear spoiler
* Recaro bucket seats (front)
* Remote keyless entry system
* Side marker lamps
* Tilt-adjustable steering column

MR Adds:

* Twin Clutch Sportronic Shift Transmission (TC-SST) with magnesium steering wheel shifter paddles
* BBS forged alloy wheels
* Bilstein shock absorbers and Eibach springs
* Two-piece brake rotors
* Hands-free Bluetooth cellular phone interface system with voice recognition
* HID headlamps
* Large type rear wing
* Steering wheel audio controls

GSR Sight, Sound and Spoiler Package adds: HID headlamps, large rear spoiler and the Rockford-Fosgate® 650-watt (max.) Premium Sound System with 10-in. subwoofer, plus a 6-disc in-dash CD changer with MP3 capability, and SIRIUS® Satellite Radio and a six-month service subscription.

MR Technology Package adds: Rockford-Fosgate audio system with subwoofer and SIRIUS Satellite Radio with six-month service subscription; 30-gigabyte hard disk drive (HDD) navigation system with 7.5-inch touch screen and music server function; Mitsubishi Multi-Communication System, and the FAST Key™ entry system.

GOnSHO
10-18-2007, 10:48 AM
sounds AWESOME!!

Mibz
10-18-2007, 10:58 AM
I can't find a curb weight on this thing anywhere. Anybody know?

GTS Jeff
10-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Fuck, that's too bad...

Zephyr
10-19-2007, 12:02 PM
saw one of these bad boys on the road close to my house! Had dealerplates on, dam it looks nice in person!

alloroc
10-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Holy Hell

295HP from a factory 2Litre.

:eek:

schocker
10-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Sound good but i wish the mr was available in 5spd aswell .

GTS Jeff
10-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by alloroc
Holy Hell

295HP from a factory 2Litre.

:eek: The new STi puts out more power, sure it's got a bigger engine, but power is power. I hope it actually ends up being more...

gpomp
10-19-2007, 01:35 PM
whats the msrp and price for option packages?

bituerbo
10-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I wonder if they will be applying the mitsubishi 10 year warranty to that high-strung powerplant...

They are probably betting on people voiding those warranties w/ aftermarket floormats.

hjr
10-20-2007, 03:38 AM
ouch jeff, seems you were a bit wrong, haha. tis ok though, cause it means i was right!

JAYMEZ
10-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Fuck, that's too bad...

Thats it? :zzz:

The Cosworth
10-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Looks like the MR for me if I get it.

Can anyone tell me what two piece brake rotors are?

GTS Jeff
10-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by hjr
ouch jeff, seems you were a bit wrong, haha. tis ok though, cause it means i was right! It says estimated power, so there's still hope!

treg50
10-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

For a factory 2L Four, isn't that kinda good?

"Super-All Wheel Control (S-AWC)"?? Lame way to copy the name of Acura's "Super-Handling All Wheel Drive" (SH-AWD) technology. "Super-all" doesn't even make sense, classic Engrish. "All wheel control" what in the shit? I would fucking hope all the wheels are in control.

heavyD
10-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

That's all it needs to run circles around an STI at the track. Handling is where the EVO separates itself from the rest not straight line speed.

analbumcover
10-22-2007, 08:09 AM
sounds pretty impressive!

xrayvsn
10-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

That's all it needs to run circles around an STI at the track. Handling is where the EVO separates itself from the rest not straight line speed.

That, and stock numbers don't mean much when they all end up modified. The 8's and 9's took very well to minimal mods - with people able to run 11's on the stock turbo and little more than intake, exhaust and tune.

I hope this new Evo carries on that tradition.

ricoRA
10-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by treg50

"Super-All Wheel Control (S-AWC)"?? Lame way to copy the name of Acura's "Super-Handling All Wheel Drive" (SH-AWD) technology. "Super-all" doesn't even make sense, classic Engrish. "All wheel control" what in the shit? I would fucking hope all the wheels are in control.

S-AWC has been an option in JDM MRs for a few years now. Maybe honda copied mitsubishi?

treg50
10-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by ricoRA

S-AWC has been an option in JDM MRs for a few years now. Maybe honda copied mitsubishi?
Good call, you're right. It's been on Lancer Evo's for about 10 years now, my mistake.

For Canada, Acura's SH-AWD is the first true application of it's type here (since the Evo wasn't available in Canada at the time). Acura's version has received a lot of positive reviews in recent months to the tone of 'best new technology' and it's also been getting similar reviews in the U.S.

ricoRA
10-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Spoke the the dealer, asked for a black MR. They say that the have been only allowed to order about 1 per month.

The Cosworth
10-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Was in my dealer today and was talking with the guy who sold me my car. I bought it with the intention of upgrading to an Evo X when it came out.

They have ordered 1 base model one and that has been all they have been allowed.

They have been informed of three models, the base (Manual), the mr (upgraded stereo, suspension and new manual paddle tranny), and an mr that has leather and navi. Prices are Low 40's, mid 40's and high 40's respectively

That was what the dealer said, but he was willing to order the middle one (which is the one I want) for me if I wanted to take the hit on my car. So I have a pretty good feeling he knows what he is talking about.

Go_Lancer_Go
10-24-2007, 09:35 PM
im not too sure about the new evo x... im waiting to see what happens when they get rlsed...

benyl
10-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by brendankharris
Was in my dealer today and was talking with the guy who sold me my car. I bought it with the intention of upgrading to an Evo X when it came out.

They have ordered 1 base model one and that has been all they have been allowed.

They have been informed of three models, the base (Manual), the mr (upgraded stereo, suspension and new manual paddle tranny), and an mr that has leather and navi. Prices are Low 40's, mid 40's and high 40's respectively

That was what the dealer said, but he was willing to order the middle one (which is the one I want) for me if I wanted to take the hit on my car. So I have a pretty good feeling he knows what he is talking about.

I don't think he knows what he is talking about.

There have been no pricing releases for the US or Canada. No one knows how much they are going to be. I have an MR on order, but they can't even order it yet. I have had a deposit down for 1.5 years.

ricoRA
10-25-2007, 12:44 PM
When I spoke to them they said pricing info is still not available and may not be until the first ones arrive in Dec/Jan.

I was told the same regarding the available models GSR, MR, MR with Navi.

I hope CND pricing will be more in line with the US pricing.

The Cosworth
10-25-2007, 03:58 PM
base 'GSR' is like 37k ROUGH No: Roof/sound/HID/Forged-BBS/big spoler/etc. 5spd only available on the GSR, MR and MR-P both have the twin clutch tranny with no option of a 5 spd.

updated from the business manager in one of Vancouver's Mitsu. They can order the GSR's only but they had to have a rough price for customers to order them. Final exact MSRP will be released with the car

ricoRA
10-26-2007, 10:57 AM
I dont know why ppl keep would want an MR with a 5 speed?

Isn't a twin clutch 6 speed better? Is everyone scared that it wont work well?

benyl
10-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Because people think that they can drive better with it and that they are more "in tune" or "at one" with the car. They think a 5 speed is pure.

I want to now how it is "pure" when many motor sports use sequential transmissions or F1 style gearboxes. I guess everyone wants to be a Nascar driver!

heavyD
10-26-2007, 12:12 PM
One drive in a GTI with the DSG was all I needed to know that this was the transmission of the future. I have no problem with people that prefer old school but the sequential gearboxes shift faster than a human can with a slick manual and you have exactly the same control over engine acceleration/deceleration. As well as faster shifting the other added bonus is that if you are stuck in low speed, high traffic areas or even drinking a hot beverage on the go, you can put it in drive, sit back and enjoy the advantages of having an automatic.

benyl
10-26-2007, 12:20 PM
There is another added bonus... No mis-shifting.

ricoRA
11-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Some speculation on my part.....

Importing a US EVO vs. buying Canadian.

The CND version is different, as in longer overall length. IMHO, probably has to do something with the higher speed front end crash test that cars need to pass, and a different front bumper/reinforcement on the Canadian models vs. the US models.

So Cnd EVOs are not the same cars as US Evos? Could US Evos be on the "can't import" RIV list?

Thoughts?

[Edit] I was reading the 2008 Toyota import from the US thread and went to this site (http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/importation/VAFUS/list/MITSUBISHI.htm) which states Lancer Evolutions 2003-2008 are inadmissable.

Xtrema
11-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by treg50

It's Super, All Wheel Control. Not Super All, Wheel Control.

Like many said before, Mitsu had this tech for a long time. SH-AWD is a variation of the technology.

If MR comes in at about low to mid 40s, I would love to check it out.

Aleks
11-04-2007, 07:53 PM
I have driven the GTI and GLI a number of times. I loved the DSG. Launch control is fun, shifts are perfect everytime, lightning fast. 3 different shifting modes for every occasion.

The only thing I didn't like was the inability to downshift from say 5th to 3rd in 1 step and the inability to know what gear you're in buy just putting your hand on the lever, you have to look at the display. Really minor stuff I guess.

I would buy the DSG car over a manual at this point. It's a shame the new STi looks like it will be a year late with this technology...

gpomp
11-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
I would buy the DSG car over a manual at this point. that's because you have no choice.

Aleks
11-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
that's because you have no choice.

I know, I must buy the better of the two .:whipped:

clem24
11-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Because people think that they can drive better with it and that they are more "in tune" or "at one" with the car. They think a 5 speed is pure.

I want to now how it is "pure" when many motor sports use sequential transmissions or F1 style gearboxes. I guess everyone wants to be a Nascar driver!

No.. Because it's gratifying. It's nice to move a lever. It's not so nice to push a button or a paddle. There's no doubt that shifts are faster with sequentials, and you can keep both hands on the wheel. Perfect for the track and spirited driving. But for an everyday car, I like my shift lever, heel towing, blipping, etc...

Xtrema
11-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by clem24

No.. Because it's gratifying. It's nice to move a lever. It's not so nice to push a button or a paddle. There's no doubt that shifts are faster with sequentials, and you can keep both hands on the wheel. Perfect for the track and spirited driving. But for an everyday car, I like my shift lever, heel towing, blipping, etc...

There will always be people prefer the old tech. Like people who hates ABS. But choices will be made for you over time.

heavyD
11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

There will always be people prefer the old tech. Like people who hates ABS. But choices will be made for you over time.

Unfortunately this is true. Manuals make up a very small amount of overall cars sold. As more an more manumatic transmissions make their way into sporty cars, the number of manuals will get even smaller. It may get to the point of special order only. I still prefer the twin clutch tranny but choice is nice.

403Gemini
11-05-2007, 01:04 PM
I still dont even know wtf DSG is or how it works or how it shifts. (Thats right im THAT far behind on technology lol) - it sounds intriguing... but honestly i dunno. is it just like driving automatic? you put it on "D" and go and thats it? Is there shifting of any sort? If so, how is it done, theres no clutch (that you physically push... i believe..)

If anybody has a video of a dsg car or something so i can get an idea i wouldnt feel so stupid... somebody educate me? lol

benyl
11-05-2007, 01:15 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-Shift_Gearbox

http://www.just-auto.com/article.aspx?art=1171&type=2

Video

http://paultan.org/archives/2006/04/25/volkswagen-dsg-direct-shift-gearbox/

colsankey
11-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Have a MR Premium on order from Hyatt Mitsu, they are supposedly getting 10 and Platinum another 10-15. Guess we'll find out in January whether I'll be shelling out for the MR Premium or sucking it up with the MR. Don't think car prices are coming down no matter what happens with the dollar, but I can always hope.

Unfortunately with not having warranty when you come back driving across the border isn't even an option :(

Aleks
11-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by colsankey
Have a MR Premium on order from Hyatt Mitsu, they are supposedly getting 10 and Platinum another 10-15. Guess we'll find out in January whether I'll be shelling out for the MR Premium or sucking it up with the MR. Don't think car prices are coming down no matter what happens with the dollar, but I can always hope.

Unfortunately with not having warranty when you come back driving across the border isn't even an option :(

You might have to wait longer than Jan.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3537933

colsankey
11-11-2007, 11:38 PM
I meant more in January they will have a better idea on pricing. They are expecting their GSR in January (which is not available with the SST) so that shouldn't be delayed, and then we will at least know how much the GSR will cost and can extrapolate that through the models.

ricoRA
01-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Anyone have any updates on pricing? Last I heard, when I got my deposit back, was that they should be here in the middle of Jan 08.

(I picked up a low miles WRX from the US instead)

benyl
01-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Nope. Nothing so far. Given that the SST is delayed, I think I might wait until Year 2 of the Evo X so that the bugs can get sorted out.

Anybody want the first Evo X MR Premium for Platinum? I ordered white. Not having pricing yet is kinda BS. Plus I am tired of waiting... haha

ricoRA
01-10-2008, 04:36 PM
I think I was up there too, I got the call back on Oct 24.

evoXfan
01-10-2008, 06:37 PM
i put the deposit down at plat mitsu since july. latest news i heard is that they will be coming in mid feb.

even with mid feb shouldn't they release pricing on it? damn i want SOME information... :whipped: :guns:

GTS Jeff
01-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Mitsu might be waiting on STI pricing to be released. SCI is dragging their asses on STI pricing while all the STIs are sitting in Vancouver...those bastards.

Trini
01-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Evo X already in Jamaica and Trinidad not from the mitsu dealer though but from Japan through private dealers..different import laws
http://forums.trinituner.com/upload/20080109_DSC00039.JPG
http://forums.trinituner.com/upload/20080109_DSC00042.JPG
http://forums.trinituner.com/upload/20080109_DSC00040.JPG
http://forums.trinituner.com/upload/20080109_DSC00045.JPG
http://forums.trinituner.com/upload/20080109_DSC00047.JPG
http://forums.trinituner.com/upload/20080109_DSC00050.JPG
http://forums.trinituner.com/upload/20080109_DSC00053.JPG
Pics. from Trinituner member Rudeman