PDA

View Full Version : Help Remove Road paint from the car

shaggin
10-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Okay I dont know how, but I managed to get white road paint all over my black car. I tried to remove it using a mild rubbing compound, and this did not work, I tried a more heavy duty rubbing compound this removed a little. Short from having to wet sand the whole car is there any other suggestions you may have

cloud7
10-18-2007, 01:50 PM
clay bar

teggypimp95
10-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by cloud7
clay bar

Clay bar gets off contaminates, not paint.
Your best bet is to cut and polish it. With some compounds and pads. This should do the trick. WIth a high speed polisher or dual action polisher of corse.

911sc
10-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Try cuttin it and wax its the best bet

Alpine Autowerks
10-18-2007, 05:48 PM
if your paint is a few years old use lacquer thinner. it will dissolve the fresh paint 100x faster than the old paint. then polish the area you have worked on

nikka
10-18-2007, 05:50 PM
this happened to me
i was driving one night and i saw a truck up ahead and when i got close enough i managed to read the sign on the back that said "WATCH OUT FOR WET PAINT" :banghead:
mine just buffed right off though

BoS_DC2
10-18-2007, 08:09 PM
that's gotta suckass, I remember driving home to Surrey from Calgary and on the HWY were some freshly painted white lines, two motorcyclist didn't know and they drove over it and their tires turned completely white and the exhausts were splattered with paint, mind you we were going around 130 so, I felt sorry for them but it was pretty funny.

shaggin
10-28-2007, 08:45 PM
I found wipes that are especially good for raod paint. I ordered them from the US and they work really well. If anyone has the same problem let me know and I will get you the name of the company I bough them from. The can of 80 wipes cost me $12

BlackArcher101
10-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by shaggin
I found wipes that are especially good for raod paint. I ordered them from the US and they work really well. If anyone has the same problem let me know and I will get you the name of the company I bough them from. The can of 80 wipes cost me $12

Post the name of the company here please. I have the same issue with road paint, except mine is long past the dry stage. I was about to sand it off and recoat with a layer of clear but if these wipes work I might give em a try. I'm sure others would like to know the name as well.

shaggin
10-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Sprayway Industrial Cleaner Wipes.... I got them from topoftheline.com

topher91
10-29-2007, 08:10 PM
We removed road paint from a car today that was covered with yellow road paint on dark navy blue body.

Cut/Polish works, but we wet sanded the paint off first.