PDA

View Full Version : FS: Grounding Kit (Engine Dressup)

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Picked it up off ebay. Didn't clear my hood on my battery. It's basically just engine dressup.

It claims to have a "5-8hp gain" and smoother ignition and such, but... I don't claim that. It's basically a negative distribution block.

Looking for what I payed minus a little. $30

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/23000028/Images/2/GWBLURS.jpg

civic01
10-18-2007, 03:58 PM
so what exactly does this replace?
do you have a pic of what it would look like installed?

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-18-2007, 04:03 PM
No pics... basically it sits on your battery ground, grounds the chassis, engine (valve cover) alternator, transmission, and then you have another 3 to do whatever with. They can also work as power cables. I used one for my headlights/secondary chassis ground, and was going to use one as a ground for my amp, but the cable wasn't long enough (but you can remove it and use it to ground the amp).

It's just a distributor block with some 4 gauge (IIRC) wiring.

92_VTEC_lude
10-19-2007, 08:02 AM
you can dump that to the nearest garage can as that thing will do more damage to your car than increase HP like they claimed... :D I installed the exact same one on my car (given for free to me as it did not work on my friend car) and I could not start my car because the grounding point of the main block to the 2 main grounding wires was too little and I could see spark flying across it while my friend was trying to start my car. Use it for somthing else because of the pretty wires is better than for the grounding on your car because one of these days you will be stranded in middle of no where because of no grounding to start the car, everything electronic still work in the car only when you try to start it and find out the starter is not clicking at all.....:(

I am pissed not because of spending money to buy it but I spent 1 hour to put it on and 1 hour to take it off and put the thick 4 gauge ground wires from the factory back on my car, so 2 hour wasted for this EBAY junk. My friend told me that what happen when he installed it in his car as well and I wasted 2 hour anyway to find that out... :(

also there is no 4 gauge wires on that thing, they are all 8 gauge wires or less since the silicon jacket so thick it may make the wires to be less than 8 gauge wires....

sorry if you spent some money on these EBAY junks but you will learn this lesson and never again think of a performance junk for your car from ebay...:D

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-19-2007, 08:38 AM
I never looked for a performance gain, but just for a better look. Oh well. Well if anyone wants it to make they're car look prettier, it should work for that. It should work valve cover -> chassis. Amp -> chassis. And possibly a few others.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Bump