PDA

View Full Version : Connect to wireless @ SAIT??

slick2404
10-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Has anyone been able to connect to the wireless network at SAIT if you don't have one of thier laptops??

I know you need to use Intel ProSet/wireless program...but the jacks at the help desk wont help me because I'm using my own laptop.

I graduated from SAIT, my network ID ect still works on the library computers so I could use that for my login info.

As well, can U of L students connect to the wireless using thier login info

The Cosworth
10-19-2007, 10:37 AM
no, they wont let you IIRC. I asked the IT people when I was there and they said because they don't have control over your system you don't get access

SpoonEK9@STRD
10-19-2007, 11:03 AM
No wireless at sait for students, but they have network jacks every where...so grab a patch cable

slick2404
10-19-2007, 04:35 PM
i just went to thier help desk and got wireless set up.
all you need is built in wifi, sait/UofL student ID, your network password and the intelproset wireless settings.
works awesome

Toms-SC
10-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Yes, there is wireless at SAIT
Yes, anybody can access it as long as you have the intel pro set wireless suite
Yes, it's a huge pain in the ass to connect
No, the SSID is not displayed
Yes, it's the best kept secret of SAIT. Don't tell others. :D

pinoyboy88
10-30-2007, 01:58 PM
I know this might be a stupid question but where's the help desk?
I stopped bringing my laptop to school due to the fact that i couldn't access the wireless network.

Azn_Boy88888888
11-03-2007, 10:41 PM
There are two E-Learning Helpdesk locations that I know of at SAIT. The main one is located in the Crandell Building (G130). The other one is located at the basement of the Heart Building (MB004).

Additional information is provided at [ http://learnat.sait.ca/e-learning/ ]. I hope that helps.

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Yes, there is wireless at SAIT
Yes, anybody can access it as long as you have the intel pro set wireless suite
Yes, it's a huge pain in the ass to connect
No, the SSID is not displayed
Yes, it's the best kept secret of SAIT. Don't tell others. :D

Best kept secret? Really? I didn't know that... Me and my entire class have known about the wireless at SAIT for two years now. I connect often and simply. I prefer the jacks, but the wireless is there.