PDA

View Full Version : LF: Good pubs with free/open-pool

gmoney82
10-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Anybody know of any good pubs in the city that have good quality pool tables with open pool? The pub me and my buddies goto recently put in the new electronic pay tables so our Friday ritual of free pool has been halted...

Yah i sound like a cheapskate, but we usually order lots in booze/food, so its not like we're all sharing a jug of pop - just not a big fan of paying for pool

doublepostwhore
10-19-2007, 10:51 AM
no where.

gmoney82
10-19-2007, 10:55 AM
nothing free under the sun?

3g4u
10-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Cough up a buck you cheep bastard.:D

PSIx20
10-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Strippers!

Me and my friends would go to the Big easy (n.e) and play pool on the top level. We would order food and drinks and bet on pool, watch the flames games. and occasionally glanced at the strippers but they are all ugly. We went for the free pool. During the week its free admission.

snowboard
10-19-2007, 10:58 AM
werd dawg,
free poolz all up in da big easy.
(actually though)

Nate
10-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Speakeasy aswell.

There are some others that offer it on sundays and mondays, but none that I know of on fridays.

gmoney82
10-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Probably check out the Big Easy tonight ! :D
I'll report back on Monday with my assessment of the 'entertainment' there too

ScottysZ
10-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Manhattans in edgemont has free pool and cheap wings most nights, maybe every night, im not sure. The place is an absolute shithole though.

PINOY-X
10-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Nate
Speakeasy aswell.

There are some others that offer it on sundays and mondays, but none that I know of on fridays.

hideout with it ... LOTS of tables and pretty well maintained as well

gatorade
10-19-2007, 07:50 PM
hideout beside the rippers

adamc
10-20-2007, 06:24 PM
I play at melrose, it's usually 2 bucks a game, but you just need to be good and stay on the table, then let every other sucker that wants to play pay the $2 :thumbsup:

Benny
10-21-2007, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by PSIx20
Strippers!

Me and my friends would go to the Big easy (n.e) and play pool on the top level. We would order food and drinks and bet on pool, watch the flames games. and occasionally glanced at the strippers but they are all ugly. We went for the free pool. During the week its free admission.

I dunno man... That 2 story pole is pretty kickass.

gmoney82
10-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by ScottysZ
Manhattans in edgemont has free pool and cheap wings most nights, maybe every night, im not sure. The place is an absolute shithole though.

Dont knock on Manhattens,! they recently 'renovated' their place...many good fridays spent there shooting free pool and just getting sloppy.

Update: If you think Manhattens was a shithole, I went to the 'pub' right beside Marlborough Mall, across from T&T and in the same plaza as Pho Xuan... Dont care for the name, but me and my buddies played a couple of free games in there..and made it out alive! wow..lots of colorful characters in there! Wow....absolutely wow....

ScottysZ
10-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by gmoney82

Dont knock on Manhattens,! they recently 'renovated' their place...many good fridays spent there shooting free pool and just getting sloppy.

Update: If you think Manhattens was a shithole, I went to the 'pub' right beside Marlborough Mall, across from T&T and in the same plaza as Pho Xuan... Dont care for the name, but me and my buddies played a couple of free games in there..and made it out alive! wow..lots of colorful characters in there! Wow....absolutely wow....

Haha sorry bud didnt mean nothin by it.:D Havent been in there for a while, maybe ill have to make a return one of these days.

turbotrip
10-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by gmoney82

LOL u talking about sharkz bar or something like that? not being a colorful character and making it out of there alive is quite an accomplishment. Its a rare night when the cops arent there or a gun isnt flashed.