PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for a 500hp AWD Sedan?

R-Audi
10-19-2007, 12:23 PM
*This isnt a for sale thread.. just passing on what I saw, i this needs to be moved, plz let me know*

There is a local 2001 Audi S4 for sale..

Dynoed over 400 WHP on 94, MUCH higher on 104! Tuned by Jeff Moss, the same person who tuned the 2007 Sports Compact Car Challenge winning Audi S4! (whoops... did I leak that?!?)

Anyways... here are some of the goodies:
-AWE RSK04 upgrade
-Custom Jeff Moss Toque Factory tune (flew him to Calgary)
-AWE intercoolers
-Stoptech 332 front brakes
-AWE Twin 1 Exhaust, no cats
-Recaro Seats (CS I think? same as Euro RS4. Black and Silver Alcanttara to match interior)
-H&R Coilovers
-19" RS4 replica wheels
-Stasis Center Differential (20/80 split)
-RS4 clutch, engine mounts
-JHM Shifter
-Valeo HID's
and a bunch of other small stuff...

Anyways...If anyone is looking for a four door sedan that keeps up with Ferrari F430's.. this may be the one!Pics, video and complete Mod list (http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=11941)

boxer23
10-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Details on where this car ??

gpomp
10-19-2007, 12:56 PM
shit the s4 won uscc?

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-19-2007, 01:47 PM
I have $1000 CASH MONEY IN HAND! DIBZ!

Sick car though

free bump

R-Audi
10-19-2007, 02:01 PM
The car is in Calgary......
Not sure if there is any confusion.. this isnt the car in the SCCC, just the guy who made that one also tuned this one. One of the top tuners in the US. From what i have been told.. this guy is looking for 33k

Oh, yeah, the S4 won the shootout... results were leaked a few weeks ago.Im sure all the JDM fanboys will be screaming treason..

boxer23
10-19-2007, 02:03 PM
TO expensive for a B5

R-Audi
10-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Too Expensive? Do you know what a stage 3 costs? Or what a Stage 3 is??

Ths car has over 20k into it in the last two years. and paces new cars worth 4 times as much.

Stock ones are going for mid to high 20's...(and dont go quoting some american car.. or 00 wtih 200k)

Edit: Just so ya know.....
AWE RSK04 kit (http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/part_detail.cfm?PMaI=1&PMoI=4&PEI=6&PP=s4_27t_drivetrain.cfm&PPT=Drivetrain&IL=rsk04)

And these power numbers are stock.. NOT TUNED.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Looks like we have an audi fanboy *troll troll*

I've had people tell me a million times what I'm about to tell you.

Mods. do. not. increase. value. Doesn't really matter how much or what is put into the car. Look at that "90k 89 240sx"

R-Audi
10-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Audi fanboy? Sure why not...
Troll? Check your registered date son.

When you have put the level of mods into cars as this one.. people will pay more. We're not talking some "Super JDM Yo!" spoiler....

This is adding like 5k onto the price...for 20k worth of mods. (and doubling the stock hp...Anyone who knows the car.. or what this does to the car wouldnt question paying an additional 5k.

jdmakkord
10-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
Looks like we have an audi fanboy *troll troll*

I've had people tell me a million times what I'm about to tell you.

Mods. do. not. increase. value. Doesn't really matter how much or what is put into the car. Look at that "90k 89 240sx"

Mods do not increase the value of a vehicle for 95% of the buyers out there...but find the right one and its sold.

R-Audi
10-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Mods do not increase the value of a vehicle for 95% of the buyers out there...but find the right one and its sold.

Exactly. And the average buyer isnt going to want a 500hp sedan (11-12 second 1/4 mile) . Last I checked this site wasnt geared towards those types of people.

gpomp
10-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Im sure all the JDM fanboys will be screaming treason.. i thought the z06 was going to win, oh well.

R-Audi
10-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
i thought the z06 was going to win, oh well.

Honestly ... me too. Figured the S4 would finish high... just not first!

gp36912
10-19-2007, 11:11 PM

When you have put the level of mods into cars as this one.. people will pay more. We're not talking some "Super JDM Yo!" spoiler....

This is adding like 5k onto the price...for 20k worth of mods. (and doubling the stock hp...Anyone who knows the car.. or what this does to the car wouldnt question paying an additional 5k.

Wasn't someone (mitsu3000gt or something) always praising how a chip could get you 400 odd hp and tq out of the B5's? And yet still, 40k is too much for a B5. Someone might pay for it... But only an enthusiast, who I'm sure would rather build the car himself.

WTF does registration date have to do with it? I know lots of OG's who troll.

dj_rice
10-19-2007, 11:18 PM

:werd: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

U tell that post whore....

R-Audi...can we see some pics of this :bigpimp: car plz?

R-Audi
10-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Here is a link to the complete Mod list, and a few pictures....2001 Audi S4 (http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=11941)

Revhard
10-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Seems like a nice ride, but it's far from new, and mods are not
great selling features.
Most people think about reliability problems when they think about mods.
I hope he can sell it for decent coin.
Best of luck.

AllGoNoShow
10-22-2007, 01:47 PM
This car is definatly worth the price, people have been known to pay just as much for a stock S4.

Not even going to bother with the Civic kids on this one but for all you guys who turbo and sc your prelude's and rsx's, throw a cf hood on and a bodykit get it painted and sell for 5-10k more then average price, wouldn't that mean you people who are claiming mod's don't increase value just honored it yourself?

Sure KBB will not increase if you have thrown 20k at the car, but if someone is looking for an S4 to mod, and comes across this well modded (quality parts, tune, etc..) for 5k more then the market, who would not pick it up?

great car, best of luck with the sale.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-23-2007, 11:25 AM
The smart ones part out the mods, and sell it stock. I'm sure some lazy bastard is willing to pay close to that much, but I, nor many others would be willing to pay that. I would rather have a stock one that I have service records for, and then mod it myself. Sure it'll cost more, but piece of mind is just worth that. Mods do not actually increase value. I don't really care what civic, or prelude you bother googling or ebaying to try and prove me wrong.

euro_racer
10-23-2007, 11:40 AM
i would have to say that on cars like this where there is ALOT of money invested (20k ), modds DO add to the value, however they do not add the 20k but more like 5k-10k on top of the average if they are qualiy mods and parts (apc, megan, rota is not quality)....it happens all the time and it still makes sense considering it is alot of car for the money

the 90k 240 is worth more than a regular 240 you can buy for lets say $7000 because it has quality and alot of money into it, obviously it is not worth all the money inversted but i would deffinately give the guy 13-15k for it :D

to sum it all up, modds do add value if quality and quantity is involved, but do not expect to get all your money back :thumbsup:

Revhard
10-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Yeah, they are not a sound investment.
Usually returns on the .20/$1 if well done.
Can be done, but as mentioned earlier, it's al about the buyer.

R-Audi
10-23-2007, 01:18 PM
One thing that most people probably dont know here, is that the reason why some S4's are so cheap these days is that the Factory K03's tend to blow after 120-140km (if not sooner)
Replacing the turbo's on these requires a complete engine pull, and then many hours of labour. (See: $3000+ labour bill) These are still factory turbo's, just from its big brother the RS4, which in this model was only sold in Europe. These K04's are also more reliable then the K03's. So not only is the car faster, but the parts thrown in are also more reliable.

Either way.... This car will fetch more then a stock S4, and it will take something other then your average joe to understand why.

Revhard
10-23-2007, 01:34 PM

Either way.... This car will fetch more then a stock S4, and it will take something other then your average joe to understand why.

Absolutely. I agree completely.
Suicide would be the only answer if he didn't get a few g's more than stock.
A midlife crisis guy would buy this for good money, and likely scare himself.
The car would be a blast, wonder what he is getting next?

R-Audi
10-23-2007, 02:45 PM
I believe he was looking at 'downgrading' (HP and acceleration wise) to an RS4... or something similiar.

disturbo
01-08-2008, 12:43 AM
We should bring this bad S4 to the track this sping and see what it has:bigpimp: