PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NORCO 250 Review!!!

JRSC00LUDE
10-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Just an FYI for anyone considering a new urban assault/dirt jumper purchase this winter.

I just finished riding a "pre-production" 08 Norco 250 that was sent out here for some testing/opinions and this bike is fantastic! It's a nice single speed hardtail that should retail in the $1500 range I think and imo it's the nicest riding frame they've made since the 03 season. I don't have the specs here and honestly didn't pay too much attention to the componentry I was having too much fun riding it, but I'll say what I can.

Nice silky rockshox argyle 318 up front, cable activated avid discs (but this isn't for downhill so that's just fine, they actually felt quite nice). Ours only had a rear brake but I hear it will come with both. The geometry and angles are pretty much perfect, the bike basically jumps itself. You know the numbers are right when it does most of the work for you. Light and nimble, quite responsive, spins easy! I made some entrance mistakes on a couple doubles and you could easily correct mid-air and exit correctly. Where I sometimes have to reach with my regular ride to make it through the last couple doubles, I could hardly stop this thing from overjumping. Better pop, more distance and less effort = Win! Given that I'm a bit over 6 feet and 220+ pounds, that's a pretty impressive feat imo.

We've got a nice little dirt jump section set up with a six-pack into a burm followed by good 12-pack and this thing flowed through there like butter. First time riding this bike I was jumping it bigger and smoother than my regular full time ride!

If you're looking for a single speed (it's set up to add a derailleur if you so choose I believe) urban assaulter/dirt huck-o-rama this thing is number one!

I don't know how many people around here are interested, but it's out there now. If one person test this bike out and loves it then my work here is done!

doublepostwhore
10-20-2007, 09:33 PM
I had an 02 250 back when it was cromoly hehe. and I have to say after having looked at the 08, I am willing to part my scratch.

JRSC00LUDE
10-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Just rode it again today. It's sooooo smooth. :thumbsup:

elesdee
10-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Damn! It really sounds like a great ride! I just got into urban/dirt riding this summer but I don't think I'm ready to buy a new machine. Especially with the snowboarding season coming up, I'm rerouting all my money into that.

But hey LUDE, where is this amazing line of jumps? PM me if it's not a secret.