PDA

View Full Version : It's about time......

frozenrice
10-20-2007, 12:26 PM
I haven't been keeping tabs on the dollar as if late. Not that it matters since it's a Canadian listing, but I am in the process of bidding on an item in ebay. The item is listed at @ $49.99 Canadian and shows it at $51.87 US. Took me a second to comprehend this as I've gotten used to seeing the price in US with the higher amount in Canadian. Kind of nice to see for a change. To boot shipping is free within Canada.

What kind of deals is everyone finding with the dollar doing so well? It bugs me when I think of all the parts that I've bought over the last year or two and payin around .80-.95 on the dollar. I am literally trying to think of things to buy to take advantage of the dollar, but I can't think of anything.

akumajack
10-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Dollar doing well means people go to the states to buy stuff (i.e. cars), and business in Canada loses money.

frozenrice
10-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Especially on car parts. Even at the prices I've paid in the past, I've still saved money over buying locally. As much as I'd like to support local business, I'm still cheap....:D