PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on these problems?

impressions
10-21-2007, 04:16 AM
Well i have a 93 impreza i did a 2.2L engine swap onto it, originally was the 1.8, i fitted a turbo, manifolds, exausts etc.

But i am spooling very early, i believe because i hear the rush of air at around 2000rpm already. ANd all i got in my kit was a injector control unit which i haven't put in, it should read boost and all but doesn't control the turbo.

then i am blowing out carbon out the back,, am i running too rich??

And yea final problem is that once my car runs hot, everytime i clutch in, (stage 2 clutch and lightened flywheel) my engine drops in rpm and stalls. So ya when i am stuck in traffic, it's horrible.

Oh and i think my oil temperature sensor adapter isn't sealing properly, i see a bit of oil around that area on the block. any suggestions on sealing it up? it's connected right on the block, i found a stock cover and used the adaptors that came from the auto meter oil temp sensor kit.

I know this is a lot of problems, but i was hoping some people with more experience could gimme some advice thanks

And if not know any good mech shops that handle these issues?? in calgary... not too expensive.. ahah thanks

Annoyingrob
10-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Spooling early, why are you worried, that's good :)

Blowing black smoke out the back, running rich, you're right.

Pushing the clutch in and having the car stall however, that can be bad. Really bad. There's really only one thing that causes your engine stall when you push the clutch in, CRANKWALK. What's happening is your thrust washers are worn out, and your crank is physically moving in and out of your engine block. This is a very serious problem if this is the case. You WILL destroy the bottom end of your motor if you let it continue.

to check for crankwalk, with the car off, open the hood, and look at the crank pulley. Have a friend push the clutch in and out a few times, and see if you notice it moving. If it moves at all, you need to pull off your oil pan, and replace your thrust washers immediately.

As for sealing the oil temp adapter, try some loctite. That's how I seal my flywheel bolts.

impressions
10-21-2007, 05:11 PM
so in regards to the engine stalling, it only happens when my engine is hot. and what happens is that drop in rpm keeps dropping past the idle, i thought it may of been something to do witht he idle resonators