PDA

View Full Version : Is your exhaust crooked?

Slow5Oh
07-11-2003, 02:22 AM
...or the exhaust tip at least? I've seen so many acuras and hondas with crooked muffler/tips. I'm not familiar with imports at all since I've only ever driven domestics, but can someone enlighten me--I mean is the muffler/tip supposed to be at that extreme of an angle for better performance? did the shop do a lousy job? did the car owner buy the wrong exhaust/muffler for their car? or what? Just wondering.

If you don't get what I'm asking say so and I'll look for a pic to post.

lammer
07-11-2003, 02:45 AM
I believe your refferring to the "N1" style tilted upwards thing haha..i think

but my stock exuast points downards haha.

Slow5Oh
07-11-2003, 02:51 AM
No I mean to the left or right.

GTS Jeff
07-11-2003, 03:04 AM
it just foe looks

Redlyne_mr2
07-11-2003, 03:14 AM
Actually it can be functional, depends on the car,the muffler is angled in order to minimize as many bends as possible in the exhaust system which obviously results in a more free flowing exhaust

Fluidic
07-11-2003, 03:37 AM
Mine's normal... I think! lol :)

Peter

Joe Malms
07-11-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Actually it can be functional, depends on the car,the muffler is angled in order to minimize as many bends as possible in the exhaust system which obviously results in a more free flowing exhaust

yup, some are for function.
http://www.members.shaw.ca/t04r/exhaust.jpg

but then again, some are for looks. Which i truly dont understand..why would you want a crooked ass exhaust if its not neccesary?

nismodrifter
07-11-2003, 12:46 PM
I forgot to take pics of this car but there was a kid at my school this year who had an angled rice muffler on an accord....and it was angled THE WRONG WAY (pointing toward the center of the car) :rofl:

dood thought it was the dopest thing around but he didn't have a clue that it was messed

James
07-11-2003, 12:57 PM
The Muffler on my MR2 was around a 45 degree angle, less bends in the pipe, and filling up some dead space were my reasons for doing it. , The stock exhaust setup was huge!

buh_buh
07-11-2003, 01:30 PM
I think the only functional ones are the ones that are slightly angled, the ones that have like 80 degree bends don't do shit + it looks like ass

sexualbanana
07-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
I forgot to take pics of this car but there was a kid at my school this year who had an angled rice muffler on an accord....and it was angled THE WRONG WAY (pointing toward the center of the car) :rofl:

dood thought it was the dopest thing around but he didn't have a clue that it was messed

I think I've seen him around :rofl:

shadowz
07-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Yup one less bend looks good serves a purpose

Slow5Oh
07-11-2003, 02:44 PM
O.K. that clear things up for me, but I do think that some agles might be a little too much though and they look like @ss.

tegdream
07-11-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

i saw this guy on macloed and one of his hangers was off and his exhaust piping was like almost dragging....haha but yeah its pointed inwards like its completely sideways..i could see my reflection :rofl:

ninspeed
07-11-2003, 04:19 PM
does it not have to do with clearance too? muffler being to long to fit between rear axle and bumper. Thats what i allways have thought when i have seen them

nismodrifter
07-11-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by tegdream

i saw this guy on macloed and one of his hangers was off and his exhaust piping was like almost dragging....haha but yeah its pointed inwards like its completely sideways..i could see my reflection :rofl:

haaah...yeah his piping was like an inch or less from scraping and being totally ripped off

its a base model 4cyl accord, automatic, 15" cheapo wheels because he couldn't afford any bigger, altezzas, neon shit all over it, white painted interior that looks like crap, he drops the shifter into a lower gear and then drives around in that one gear so it sounds like its a manual (ie..go slowly then hit the gas to make a loud sound while still holding that gear)

worst part is that people at skool thought it was the nicest car around "I love that car....those altezzas are so phat"
:guns:

darknight
07-11-2003, 10:35 PM
I don't know. I think it looks not to bad. Sure if its some ass, universal muffler was made to look like an N1 then your a fool for attempting it. Almost all exhaust systems that are on an angle are like that to minamize bends and like stated improve exhuast flow. Heres my Apexi GT Spec very few bends compared to the factory one.
http://members.shaw.ca/orrin1/gtspec.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/orrin1/rearviewsmall.jpg

Ichigo
07-11-2003, 11:00 PM
Damn darknight.... I got an N1 too.. Except I don't think my profile is as agressive as yours.. What do you think??

Redlyne_mr2
07-12-2003, 12:01 AM
Nice choice Darknight...:drool: full stainless gt spec

darknight
07-12-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Ichigo
Damn darknight.... I got an N1 too.. Except I don't think my profile is as agressive as yours.. What do you think??

Well not quite. Mines an Apexi GT Spec, that starts at 3" then gets as big as 3.75" and is stainless steel throughout, while yours is an Apexi N1 that is complete 3" is painted steel except for the canister. If I can remember the GT and N1 have pretty well the same angle but the GT has a bit larger canister.

darknight
07-12-2003, 10:41 AM
Heres a good comparison of my brothers Bee-R exhaust on his 240 compared to the factory system. If you wanna see a crazy angled muffler then look no further. HAHA.

http://members.shaw.ca/orrin1/bee-r2.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/orrin1/bee-r.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/orrin1/bee-r1.jpg

Orrin

GT2NV
07-12-2003, 05:24 PM
perfect reply to his post, thnx darknight,
btw that accord with crooked exaust is omar_annababababa er something on here, haha he has me fooled i thought it was standard..

nismodrifter
07-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by black94gt
btw that accord with crooked exaust is omar_annababababa er something on here, haha he has me fooled i thought it was standard..

not sure if this omar_anananananna has one or not but I am talking about some other kid who was in my skool, it's a 99 accord and he lives in shawnessy/somerset area

Manguish
07-13-2003, 03:11 AM
Greddy Evo III on ITR - Perfect :D

tegdream
07-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by black94gt

hahah no omar_annananababa drives a 92 accord

omar_allibhai
07-13-2003, 02:48 PM
yo trust me thats definatly not ma car cuz firstly i dun have exhaust, ma car is completely stock except for system , its a green 1992 accord, and yes it is automatic hence why its for sale, and dont insult me by saying i would ever put altezzas on ma car cuz i would never.

Seanith
07-13-2003, 03:44 PM
Quit saying "ma" car. Its "my". What are you retarded or something? :dunno:

BigShow
07-13-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
Quit saying "ma" car. Its "my". What are you retarded or something? :dunno:

hhaha http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/images/smilies/owned.gif

That.Guy.S30
07-13-2003, 05:29 PM
so just cuz its an auto you want to sell it?..

tegdream
07-13-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by omar_allibhai
and dont insult me by saying i would ever put altezzas on ma car cuz i would never.

:D :rolleyes: