PDA

View Full Version : Honking at intersections

Aliquout
10-23-2007, 01:16 AM
I'm a new driver and I have notticed emergency vehicles make a special noise when going through interesections so that it's safer for them. I'm thinking this is a good way to avoid a side crash. I don't have a lot of experience so I'd like to know from a safety perspective if giving three long honks before cruising through an intersection will help me avoid an accident.

BlackArcher101
10-23-2007, 01:20 AM
No, it will probably cause one when people starting looking to see who the hell is honking and don't see an emergency vehicle.

GTS Jeff
10-23-2007, 01:29 AM
I think it's a great idea. For added visibility, you should also flick your hazards on when going through any intersection, flash your high beams, and turn on your windshield wipers to max.

Yelling out the window is also a good idea. 'YARRRRR, I'M DRIVING THROUGH AN INTARSEXION!"

GTS Jeff
10-23-2007, 01:29 AM
But seriously, stfu.

Ihatetowait
10-23-2007, 01:30 AM
Hahahahhahahahahhahaha. GTS jeff, jesus.

turbotrip
10-23-2007, 01:31 AM
it depends where u are, in some asian countries it might not be a bad idea

Jlude
10-23-2007, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
I think it's a great idea. For added visibility, you should also flick your hazards on when going through any intersection, flash your high beams, and turn on your windshield wipers to max.

Yelling out the window is also a good idea. 'YARRRRR, I'M DRIVING THROUGH AN INTARSEXION!"

But seriously, stfu.

NO MERCY!

:thumbsup:

music_man_119
10-23-2007, 04:55 AM
Sure, it's a great idea....

If you're a sadistic suicidal.

Pahnda
10-23-2007, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Aliquout
I don't have a lot of experience so I'd like to know from a safety perspective if giving three long honks before cruising through an intersection will help me avoid an accident.

You're asking for safety advice on how to cruise through an intersection in which you don't have the right of way?
:confused: :confused:

Eleanor
10-23-2007, 06:59 AM

Yelling out the window is also a good idea. 'YARRRRR, I'M DRIVING THROUGH AN INTARSEXION!';

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

To the OP, WTF are you talking about? Blasting your horn everytime you go through an intersection? Why at any point would you think it's a good idea?

topmade
10-23-2007, 07:30 AM
No it's a bad idea. I personally think that 99% of the people that honk are retards.

Kona9
10-23-2007, 07:31 AM
You guys are evil!!

In all honesty, I can save you alot of time. I did this as a prank to an old co-workers car. He got home more safe than ever.

Just take a little piece of wire and jump it from your brake light fuse to your horn fuse. This way...everytime you step on the brakes...your horn goes off!!

Try it out...no more intersection smashy for you!!!

bobby_lu
10-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
You guys are evil!!

In all honesty, I can save you alot of time. I did this as a prank to an old co-workers car. He got home more safe than ever.

Just take a little piece of wire and jump it from your brake light fuse to your horn fuse. This way...everytime you step on the brakes...your horn goes off!!

Try it out...no more intersection smashy for you!!!

gold!:rofl:

Jlude
10-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by bobby_lu

gold!:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WTF... Too Funny!

98type_r
10-23-2007, 10:48 AM
what you should do is floor it through every intersection, minimizing the amount of time you're physically in any intersection will thus reduce your likelihood of a side impact collision...

or, do what Jeff said:rofl:

SR240SX
10-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by topmade
No it's a bad idea. I personally think that 99% of the people that honk are retards.

Wtf....soooooo if someone cuts you off..and you honk at them..that makes you a retard?...your smart..very smart....

teggypimp95
10-23-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm a new driver and I have notticed emergency vehicles make a special noise when going through interesections so that it's safer for them. I'm thinking this is a good way to avoid a side crash. I don't have a lot of experience so I'd like to know from a safety perspective if giving three long honks before cruising through an intersection will help me avoid an accident.

You have got to be fuckin kidding me...... Why dont you just put a "baby on board" sign in your back window?!

topmade
10-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by SR240SX

Wtf....soooooo if someone cuts you off..and you honk at them..that makes you a retard?...your smart..very smart....

No, that's why I said 99% not 100% smart ass. I'm referring to the people who honk for no good reason like when you stopped at a cross walk to let someone cross or, when the light isn't even green yet and the guy behind you is already honking at you or when you merge in with plenty of room and grandma behind you honks at you.

PINOY-X
10-23-2007, 11:07 AM
how did you ever managed to get your license ?...................................

SR240SX
10-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by topmade

No, that's why I said 99% not 100% smart ass. I'm referring to the people who honk for no good reason like when you stopped at a cross walk to let someone cross or, when the light isn't even green yet and the guy behind you is already honking at you or when you merge in with plenty of room and grandma behind you honks at you.

99% is pretty damn close to a 100 if you ask me....smart ass...and you could have put allot more detail into your first post to clarify what you ment..and you wouldnt have me being a "smart ass"...

topmade
10-23-2007, 11:30 AM

99% is pretty damn close to a 100 if you ask me....smart ass...and you could have put allot more detail into your first post to clarify what you ment..and you wouldnt have me being a "smart ass"...

Sorry 79.58% does that make you feel better now? I guess you've never heard of anything called sarcasm, especially over the internet on a post that's already going downhill :rolleyes:

em2ab
10-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Technically will it help? Yes, it should statistically reduce collicions.
Do I think this is a joke? Yes.

treg50
10-23-2007, 11:48 AM
This place is AHRD COREZ!:rofl:

Aliquout -
Obey posted speed limits, traffic signs, traffic lights, check your mirrors and look both ways and you should be fine --- and USE your turn signals. It sounds like a lot but it's not, it's common sense and you'll get the hang of it with the more you drive.

Most intersections have traffic lights or stop signs, if not use caution and common sense.

Destinova403
10-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by em2ab
Technically will it help? Yes, it should statistically reduce collicions.
Do I think this is a joke? Yes.

:werd: but seriously... this guy is probably just a troll.

eina15
10-23-2007, 11:54 AM
OMG lol.... :rofl:

googe is right on the money - slink 95 is back
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/194941/im-searching-for-a-career-/

I am kinda glad, his ridiculous threads are good for a laugh

Strider
10-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Someone ban this guy already please...

Dave P
10-23-2007, 12:34 PM
SAY NO TO STREET RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rage2
10-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Out of curiosity, do you stick your arm out when you cross the street?

gonefishing
10-23-2007, 01:01 PM
people do this all the time in Vietnam. at intersections , when passing someone etc. it gets some getting use to but it works.

Toms-SC
10-23-2007, 01:02 PM
You should not be driving.

Fafa
10-23-2007, 01:03 PM

HAHAHAHAHA i hope one day im driving and i see someone doing that!

403Gemini
10-23-2007, 03:25 PM

Is this an owning or are you just retarded?

GTS Jeff is king ! :thumbsup:

jibber
10-23-2007, 05:09 PM
While you're at it, you should randomly honk the horn at various intervals while driving through school and playground zones... just so the kids know you're coming.

On a side note, I sometimes wished my horn was connected to my high beams.

mekeni
10-23-2007, 05:24 PM
you should also upgrade to a compressed-air type of horn,

TomcoPDR
10-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Strider
Someone ban this guy already please...

They already did, this is his new user.

Anyways, trying "help" the OP, you might just considering focusing on improving one of your many driving problems such as learning to brake at a safer distance since you have a problem with that too.

Also, there is a place you can call Canada's Worst Drivers, they'll help you out with your concerns.

Hakkola
10-23-2007, 06:41 PM
LOL, funny thread, would read again. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've used my horn maybe 3 times in the last 6 years of driving, if the driver looks absolutely clueless I'll honk, but usually when I get cut off the driver knows what they did so I don't bother. I almost got run over at an intersection in Bowness by a raised truck, was about to honk but he stopped in the intersection, (I had right of way, he had a yield.) He knew what he did wrong. 99% of the time when people honk it is not needed IMO.

treg50
10-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
They already did, this is his new user.
Aliquout is cranking out the solid gold. Don't ban him. I was genuinely in tears.
:D :thumbsup:

zieg
10-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by rage2

lmfao :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sneek
10-23-2007, 10:34 PM
:rofl: :rofl: you would have notice the other car if you weren't surfing the web via wifi in your volvo.

Originally posted by rage2

Hell ya...the safety bear told me to

three.eighteen.
10-23-2007, 11:15 PM
aliquot is gold, plz don't ban him this time :rofl:

TE4MFaint
10-24-2007, 05:15 PM

Know what usually happens after someone cuts YOU off and YOU honk at THEM?
They usually end up giving YOU the finger..as if you were the one who did something wrong.

Horns make no difference, they dont even phase people.

95EagleAWD
10-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by TE4MFaint

Horns make no difference, they dont even phase people.

That's why I usually follow the horn with a variation of "Let's move you fucking retard!"