PDA

View Full Version : who has rice....

MaYzE
07-29-2002, 08:04 PM
Im sure all of us have done something "ricey to our cars. If so what was it and do you still have it?

For me, I have a Honda. j/k. I do have a tach on my left drivers side though. Pretty damn big too. Unfortunatly, my car didnt come with a tach on the dash. So I put one in aftermarket. I guess thats kinda "ricey". It would have been nice to fine a real small one. The one I got is like 3 inches. Oh well!

Ekliptix
07-29-2002, 08:07 PM
I have yellow pedals. I wish they would die and decompose.

Are those 3 spoke wheels the ones youe have on your car?

max_boost
07-29-2002, 09:16 PM
Xenon superwhites for my headlights lol

redline
07-29-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Xenon superwhites for my headlights lol

are you only going to post one item a day for the next month?

I hate my ricer 3piece wing on my car. :thumbsdow

max_boost
07-29-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by redline

are you only going to post one item a day for the next month?

I hate my ricer 3piece wing on my car. :thumbsdow

WTF you talking about Kerpan?!?!:confused: :confused: :confused:

T5_X
07-29-2002, 09:33 PM
Home made BMW style headlight covers & chrome 5 spoke 14" hubcaps on the winter wheels with only the back end lowered. :rofl: I'm gonna go cop styles next winter with just the ceter caps on :rofl:

MaYzE
07-29-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
I have yellow pedals. I wish they would die and decompose.

Are those 3 spoke wheels the ones youe have on your car?

Ya those are my wheels. I guess chrome is kinda ricey too. But I like em. They are soo heavy though. Im glad I dont race. :)

Evan
07-29-2002, 09:57 PM
I am not a fan of chrome wheels personally. It just looks too flashy for me. Plus they are real heavy! :D

2000impreza
07-29-2002, 10:03 PM
well..... let see here.
big muffler
white light blubs
ADR rims
automatic tranny

holy shit i'm such a ricer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :dunno: :dunno: :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :madred:

http://members.albertacars.net/2000silverimpreza/sig1.jpg

MaYzE
07-29-2002, 10:06 PM
OH YA! I got another one! I have blue Honda emblems. I wish I had my factory ones on there. Ther guy who owmed the car before me put them on it. :(

redline
07-29-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

WTF you talking about Kerpan?!?!:confused: :confused: :confused:

your name should be max-rice not max-boost :rofl:

Audi Kid
07-29-2002, 11:05 PM
i got momo seat belt covers hahahaha! and uhhhhhhhh a loud ass muffler..and uhhhhhhhh thats abought it folks!

max_boost
07-29-2002, 11:09 PM

your name should be max-rice not max-boost :rofl: :thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

T5_X
07-29-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Audi Kid
i got momo seat belt covers hahahaha! and uhhhhhhhh a loud ass muffler..and uhhhhhhhh thats abought it folks!

Painted audi emblum? fess up!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jaylo
07-29-2002, 11:27 PM
clear corner lights and clear bumper lights :)
can you believe that I was gon put an aluminum wing b4? lol but I figured out it only belongs to real drag racing vehicles

MaYzE
07-29-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by jaylo
can you believe that I was gon put an aluminum wing b4? lol but I figured out it only belongs to real drag racing vehicles

I hate those things!!!

B18C
07-30-2002, 12:17 AM
I have 17" rims and one loud ass exhaust. I do like them though.

boi-alien
07-30-2002, 12:18 AM
hrm..... varad scanner? does that count?

B18C
07-30-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by crxboi
hrm..... varad scanner? does that count?

Oh you betcha! :bigpimp:

Ben
07-30-2002, 12:44 AM
I dont care what anyone says, but bigger wheels are not rice!

Speaking of which, half this stuff mentioned is not even rice...rice is a shitty term I think...its so over used...

B18C
07-30-2002, 12:51 AM
For my car I think 16's are much better for performance than 17's.

three.eighteen.
07-30-2002, 12:54 AM
its bone stock baby :thumbsup:

Ed the SOHC
07-30-2002, 01:15 AM
well, this is my department.

big exhaust
indiglo gauges
broadway mirror
ricer bulbs
3 piece spoiler
and the riciest thing... it's an economy car that sucks gas similar to leo's mom sucking my dick like the antidote was in there...

shadowz
07-30-2002, 02:22 AM
broadway mirror, big spoiler, agressive body kit, hmm the list goes on...

kenny
07-30-2002, 02:39 AM
painted calipers! w00t

Personally, I don't consider different bulbs or broadway mirrors as rice. "Rice" is anything that makes a car *LOOK* faster. A mirrior does not make a car look faster, nor do whiter bulbs.

RiceCake
07-30-2002, 08:01 AM
I have rice at home... eat it for supper every day :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

legendboy
07-30-2002, 08:20 AM
no rice here:angel:

Davan
07-30-2002, 09:26 AM
I've got blue headlights, clear corners, and bought carbon fibre tail lights cause i busted my stock ones (the pole was stronger ;) ). :D

MaYzE
07-30-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Benny
I dont care what anyone says, but bigger wheels are not rice!

Speaking of which, half this stuff mentioned is not even rice...rice is a shitty term I think...its so over used...

Your right, but no matter how clean your car is, someone will find something on it to call it ricey. Too bad......

dj_honda
07-30-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by kenny
painted calipers! w00t

Personally, I don't consider different bulbs or broadway mirrors as rice. "Rice" is anything that makes a car *LOOK* faster. A mirrior does not make a car look faster, nor do whiter bulbs.
what about windshield washer led's etc.......they don't make it look faster......

B17a
07-30-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by dj_honda

what about windshield washer led's etc.......they don't make it look faster......

Good point, in my book, those are the worst offenders!:thumbsdow

Redlyne_mr2
07-30-2002, 10:33 AM
red neon under my dash to light up the floor and an engien start button where my cigareete lighter used to be (right next to my ignition)..they all work really nicely with the car but still rice

kevie88
07-30-2002, 10:47 AM
Big exhaust.. but I wanna have aerotech weld on a smaller tip over the winter.

MaYzE
07-30-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
red neon under my dash to light up the floor and an engien start button where my cigareete lighter used to be (right next to my ignition)..they all work really nicely with the car but still rice

I like interior lighting as long as it isnt visable from outside the car. Lighting near the pedals and stuff is ok.

kenny
07-30-2002, 02:35 PM

They aren't rice, those are just plain retarded and ugly.

rage2
07-30-2002, 02:48 PM
Nobody can beat my rice item. I used to have my name, along with 1000 other stickers, on the side of my 944 turbo.

Redlyne_mr2
07-30-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Nobody can beat my rice item. I used to have my name, along with 1000 other stickers, on the side of my 944 turbo.
haha you used to be one of those guys rage...there used to be a black 944 kickign around red deer with one of those electronic message boards moulded into the rear end in between the tail lights...you kow those little ones that you write messages on and it scrolls it across the black screen in red lighted writing..he'd write some of the dumbest stuff on it though..it looked kinda cool at night and it was damn funny ..but it was also a good way to ruin a porsche

cocoabrova
07-30-2002, 03:12 PM
Mugen sticker where the ACURA badge was on the hatch (the fact. one was missing when I bought the car), cargo nets on my headrests (could be rice or Flip FOB-stylez), painted calipers, big exhaust, Type-R Wiper Wings, clear corners (no colored bulbs tho), pedals, "R" shift knob, "Acura" valve stem caps that came with an Acura key chain.... :bigpimp: :woot: :woot: :rofl:

legendboy
07-30-2002, 03:18 PM
Damn, ur muffler is kinda ricy too haha, mine is too then haha:rofl:

Ferio_vti
07-30-2002, 03:35 PM
I saw some guy who used aftermarket colored 'A' Emblems for side markers on his EL.

cocoabrova
07-30-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
Damn, ur muffler is kinda ricy too haha, mine is too then haha:rofl:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rofl:

James
07-30-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
an engien start button where my cigareete lighter used to be (right next to my ignition)..they all work really nicely with the car but still rice

Like what the BMW Z8/S2000(i think) has?? those are pretty cool,I like them, I might get one on my next car.:thumbsup:

GT2NV
07-30-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
agressive body kit
omfg agressive bodykits are rice now???????? hahah whats next? " uhhhh youve got RIMS ON YOUR CAR thats so ricey "
:thumbsdow:

redline
07-30-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by black94gt

omfg agressive bodykits are rice now???????? hahah whats next? " uhhhh youve got RIMS ON YOUR CAR thats so ricey "
:thumbsdow:

if they are crome and huge... yes they are rice :thumbsup:

cocoabrova
07-30-2002, 09:05 PM

if they are crome and huge... yes they are rice :thumbsup: :guns: :thumbsup:

Rydog
07-30-2002, 09:25 PM
My hit list includes, but is not limited to, the following:
painted calipers
blue pedals (that are slowing becoming silver anyways...)
yellow Honda badge out back
sticker across the top of windsheild (doesn't that add like 20hp?)

heheh, it's all good.

dj_honda
07-30-2002, 09:32 PM

if they are crome and huge... yes they are rice :thumbsup:

what about all the rappers and their 'lac trucks and burbans???:D :D

mwmhong
07-30-2002, 09:42 PM
Assertion rice=asserting something that it is not, fake Type R, fake GTR, blue bulbs trying to look HID.

Stylistic Rice (not really implying power)=big wheels, spoilers, LED windshield washer, body kit, single wiper, Fuba antenna, banners, decals, mega air freshener, etc.

Stylistic rice acting cocky with nothing under the hood becomes assertion rice also.

How's that?
:dunno:

GT2NV
07-30-2002, 09:49 PM
guess im not getting chrome rims......

MaYzE
07-30-2002, 10:37 PM

lol, who cares what everyone else thinks. Reguardless if my rims are rice or not, I like em. Im not gonna let peoples opinions make me change my mind. You cant impress everyone, so at least impress yourself.

Rydog
07-30-2002, 10:50 PM

like i've said before, get whatever you like dude, live and mod for yourself, not for others.

Ed the SOHC
07-31-2002, 12:33 AM
how about those N1 exhaust that are slanted? Too aggressive, therefore rice?

nismodrifter
07-31-2002, 12:34 AM
oopz, logged into my brothers account before

what about all the rappers and their 'lac trucks and burbans???:D :D

that's big baller style, not bad at all as long as you put them wheels on a nice SUV or Truck

5.9 R/T
07-31-2002, 01:59 AM
DSM: Oversized tips (dual 3in), slanted exhaust (it was a mistake, lined it up wrong, they were supposed to go straight out the back), and a ricer sounding exhaust (i don't care what anyone says but I have yet to hear a nice sounding exhaust out of a 4 cyl.), previous owner painted calipers white but only did a half assed job of it, momo shift boot and knob, and a bunch of other crap thats just to stupid to mention. But this POS has been sold conditionally so it is now someone elses rice box to deal with.

James
07-31-2002, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
DSM: (i don't care what anyone says but I have yet to hear a nice sounding exhaust out of a 4 cyl.),

In any car?? I have heard plenty, Sexualbanana's Exhaust sounds pretty good, Considering its a Civic DX, its pretty damn good actually:dunno: ...My passat sounded good to, thats what happens when you put full Exhaust on, instead of just the tip, which more than half of the 4cyl engines with "Exhaust" have.:guns: :barf:

5.9 R/T
07-31-2002, 05:40 AM
I've heard plenty of 'catback' and full exhaust systems from 4 cyls. IMO they just don't sound good. Most sound tinny or hollow, and 99% of them (including mine) are way to loud. I have a 2.5" downpipe and 3" all the way back (no cat) to my tips (a 'full exhaust' if you will) and it sounds like ass.

HRD2PLZ
07-31-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
I saw some guy who used aftermarket colored 'A' Emblems for side markers on his EL.

:rofl: When I had my EL is had the Acura emblems on the side. A few months later, I saw a very similar EL with the same thing.

One my Probe (the 93-95 were called GT's and the 96-97's were the GT 24V) I put a 24V DOHC sticker on the back next to my GT decal. And my ricy DTM straight piped exhaust.

One the Accord...nothing yet. My exhaust is a dual tip, but it looks clean and if you don't know exhausts or Accords you might think its factory. Plus Xenon headlight bulbs...Maybe more to come :dunno:

ancient
07-31-2002, 12:17 PM
From what I've read here, it almost seems if your car isnt' stock, your a ricer....

IMO Anything that isn't true about your car is rice.... Like adding stickers of products that are not actually in your car, or other things like badges etc..... Everything has a degree of riceness... Aluminum wings...

IMO Get any mod, badge, sticker you want, as long as YOU like it, and as long as you like it, thats all you need.

I've been reading other boards, and alot of them are shunning altezzas, lately... I guess thats rice now too......

Quit trying to be like everyone else, and do whatever suits your style.

boi-alien
07-31-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ancient

<snip>I've been reading other boards, and alot of them are shunning altezzas, lately... I guess thats rice now too...... <snip>

don't get us started on altezzas!! :rofl:

legendboy
07-31-2002, 12:22 PM
Ancient, what do u want for your blown engine?

MaYzE
07-31-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by crxboi

don't get us started on altezzas!! :rofl:

Ya no kiddin. Not too many people on this board have them it seems..... Personally I love my lights!!! Stock 2000 Civic lights!

legendboy
07-31-2002, 03:26 PM
haha, I saw some lebenese guy driving an older burgundy supra with a VTEC sticker on the side. haha

Ferio_vti
07-31-2002, 03:30 PM
Couple years back, driving up to Banff, I saw this old Toyota Tercel with a severe identity crisis.
It had an Acura emblem, a Civic name emblem on the back of it and a few other things but I don't remember.

Ed the SOHC
08-01-2002, 12:45 AM
I saw this car the other day and it defined rice...

it had a dancin' neon light, 3peice spoiler, agressive kit, dual exhaust w/ 4 tips!, 4 speed holes on the hood, altezzas w/ custom trunk lights to look like the lexus', broadway mirror w/ a superman toy hangin from it, homemade intercooler, and rain gutter side skirts.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: What a pathetic loser eh leo?:rolleyes:

cocoabrova
08-01-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC
I saw this car the other day and it defined rice...

it had a dancin' neon light, 3peice spoiler, agressive kit, dual exhaust w/ 4 tips!, 4 speed holes on the hood, altezzas w/ custom trunk lights to look like the lexus', broadway mirror w/ a superman toy hangin from it, homemade intercooler, and rain gutter side skirts.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: What a pathetic loser eh leo?:rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl:

TomTom
08-04-2002, 09:53 PM
don't get us started on altezzas!!

ATTENTION mine are OUT yes they are OUT of my car!!, i actually like the stock alot better on my car.

4wheeldrift
08-04-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by TomTom
don't get us started on altezzas!!

ATTENTION mine are OUT yes they are OUT of my car!!, i actually like the stock alot better on my car. Speaking of altezzas, I saw a golf the other day with them *shudders*

James
08-04-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Speaking of altezzas, I saw a golf the other day with them *shudders*

A Golf!:barf: what type/year? that just wrong:thumbsdow

4wheeldrift
08-04-2002, 10:28 PM
it was a late 80s, early 90s GTI

James
08-04-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
it was a late 80s, early 90s GTI

Awwww, that would be disturbing.:thumbsdow

4wheeldrift
08-04-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by James

Awwww, that would be disturbing.:thumbsdow

I was in tears, it was quite awful :eek:

TomTom
08-05-2002, 01:44 PM
now i just need to get rid of this painted interior, its ok for now

dj_honda
08-06-2002, 10:20 AM
today i saw a dark green del sol with flourescent green altezzas....the clear part of the usual altezza was tinted to a flourescent green.......it was disgusting.
regular altezzas looked better(but still bad), and worst of all the green doesn't match the car colour, if that is what he was trying to do:barf: