PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Website Designer/Programmer

97'Scort
10-23-2007, 03:51 PM
I need somebody to help bring my DJ website, KG-DJ.com, back from the dead. I have hosting and the domain name already. Applicants must be:

- comfortable programming/designing in Flash or Shockwave
- professional and provide examples or references
- comfortable programming some light back-end (mostly galleries and forms, no billing on the site)
- the usual Java, HTML etc languages
- able to provide the finished product in a timely manner
- own or have access to copies of appropriate versions of Flash, Dreamweaver (or equiv), Photoshop (or equiv)

My budget is $200 (I do this very part time, so I can't afford a huge amount), preferably paid to a company but I can do cash. I will provide a website template and any stock photos seperately.

Please PM or reply in this thread if you're interested. Thanks!

Kyle

97'Scort
10-25-2007, 09:06 AM
I need to get this done fairly soon. I've sent off a couple e-mails but nothing so far!

SpoonEK9@STRD
10-25-2007, 09:55 AM
is this like a 2 - 3 hour job?

van
10-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Not to rain on your parade cause I know you're on budget restrictions but everything you've listed in the details of what you need go far beyond $200.00 -- maybe $2000.00 and that's just starting.

heartbreaker
10-25-2007, 10:06 AM
PM'd

benyl
10-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by defekt1
Not to rain on your parade cause I know you're on budget restrictions but everything you've listed in the details of what you need go far beyond $200.00 -- maybe $2000.00 and that's just starting.

Haha, so true. Most people I know wouldn't touch this for less than $200 / hour. It will probably take more than an hour just to find out what you want.

97'Scort
10-25-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm not looking for some uber pro. Just somebody who can be professional and wouldn't mind making a few bucks. Maybe I can do a car stereo install for them or something.

All that's involved is tweaking a purchased flash template by changing some pictures, adding a few forms and making it so I can add content myself.

It shouldn't take more than a few hours and some recycled code. Pretty basic stuff I should think.

Edit: If I need to go a little higher I suppose I could, but I'm on a pretty tight budget.

A790
10-25-2007, 01:06 PM
I can set you up something different for $200, but it won't involve your current template. If interested PM me and I'll explain more.

Antonito
10-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by A790
I can set you up something different for $200, but it won't involve your current template. If interested PM me and I'll explain more.

And awaiting a "Big Opportunity, Who Wants To Design a Website for $100" thread in 5....4.....3....2....

Sorry, couldn't help myself

97'Scort
10-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Antonito

And awaiting a "Big Opportunity, Who Wants To Design a Website for $100" thread in 5....4.....3....2....

Please just keep your comments to yourself. I only do about 20 shows per year, more as a hobby than anything. People are starting to find my website though, and I'd like to put something there.

I would like nothing more than to hire a company and do a cool, unique design but it would cost more than I make in 6 months from the business to do it.

Antonito
10-25-2007, 04:16 PM
You missed the joke. And it wasn't at your expense. Chill

97'Scort
10-25-2007, 04:22 PM
You missed the joke. And it wasn't at your expense. Chill

Yeah, sorry. I'm just a little frustrated that I so freakishly underbudgeted this thing. Now I've no clue how I'm going to get it done other than try and worm it into my schedule to learn how to program this stuff myself.

Palmiros
10-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort

Yeah, sorry. I'm just a little frustrated that I so freakishly underbudgeted this thing. Now I've no clue how I'm going to get it done other than try and worm it into my schedule to learn how to program this stuff myself.

That is a good idea...
I might be able to give you a hand with this. I'm not pro or anything but i've had a few attempts at web-design, maybe we can make this work. Shoot me a phone number.

A790
10-25-2007, 06:03 PM

Pfft, I try and bounce from forum to forum, duh! :bigpimp:

A790
10-25-2007, 06:04 PM
You have a couple of options outside of a flash template.

The reason that I'd move away from flash is that from a SEO point of view you will have nothing content wise. Something like WordPress or Joomla can create an SEO friendly page with plugins/anims that look great and don't have a "blog" feel.

And they're a lot less than $200.

Fcuk
10-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Thought i'd hook you up with a free wallpaper, hope you like it.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/faqiryar/kgdj.jpg

1024x768 - it's pretty big but it can go in your multimedia/downlaods section when your website is up :thumbsup:

van
10-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Hey,

Just cause I didn't want to be an ass or anything -- the easiest way for you to make your site is to download Word Press and install it on your hosting server.

You can turn Word Press (blogging tool) into a Content Management System web site. You can add 'tabs' which act like pages and updating would be SUPER simple for you to do all on your own.

There are tons and I mean tons of skins to choose from and you don't have to hire ANYBODY to do it for you.

97'Scort
10-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Hey, that's actually pretty cool, Fcuk. Thanks! What font is that? I was hunting for a new logo font and that's pretty neat.

I actually have Wordpress etc through my host (dreamhost.com) but the point is I don't NEED to update it on a regular basis. All I want to update is the picture gallery. The rest is all just blurbs about my DJ and A/V services that MAYBE get updated once a year, because they just don't change.

Thanks again guys!

Fcuk
10-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Planet Kosmos is the font

Glad you like it, wanted to help you out because of some of the haters and get your motivation/confidence back up!

GL with the DJ'ing.

97'Scort
10-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Update:

I managed to find a local design student looking to make some extra money. She's agreed to my price and timeline so it's all worked out beautifully. I'll post a link to the finished product when it's all good to go!

Thanks for all the help!