PDA

View Full Version : Business Opportunities

TomcoPDR
10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Editted: It was a useless telemarketing/pyrimid scam, this guy calls me up couple times a year asking if I'd be interested in a business partnership with him or know who'll be interested; and we're complete strangers. (well, who knows he could be legit). But pointless letting everyone waste their time with him none the less.

Why do people get involved in these things? Why do people try scamming people into buying useless crap?

misterrick
10-23-2007, 10:37 PM
can you say amway?

oh and i almost forgot...pics?

mo_money2supe
10-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Reminds me of this: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/194574/network-marketing-good-money-/

cornelius85
10-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Totally Amway. Had a guy pull the same type of story with me about 6 or 7 years ago. Amway is crap. None of their prices I saw were even remotely close to retail prices.

TomcoPDR
10-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by cornelius85
Totally Amway. Had a guy pull the same type of story with me about 6 or 7 years ago. Amway is crap. None of their prices I saw were even remotely close to retail prices.

I had a cousin that sold my mom a set (Amway), 17 years ago, still using it.

And I have no idea what this guy is about... and the info is more for entertainment purposes (just in case someone doesn't catch the sarcarism), with "premission" (he asked me to spread the word sharing his generosity of this great money making opportunity to other strangers)

A790
10-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Holy shit... that is the worst designed website for a MLM ever.

cocoabrova
10-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Actually, if he's based in Canada, he's part of Quixtar, which is the Canadian sector of Amway. I think Amway Canada was dissolved years ago due to legal messes....BTW Quixtar/Amway/Pyramid BS stuff claims on their own website that 66% of all registered IBO's (Independent Business Owners-fancy word for ppl. that succombed to the BS of this MLM organization) gross only $115/month, not even enough to write off your small business expenses such as gas and such:thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
10-24-2007, 01:08 AM
Well Tom, I'm glad you had the sense to turn him down, but please take down his info! No sense advertising for some sleazy schmuck.

SilverGS
10-24-2007, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by A790
Holy shit... that is the worst designed website for a MLM ever.

LOL its a template site probably available with his site provider.

The vitamins give it away as Amway or Canadian equivalent. I think those are Amway's main product. That and cleaning products.

Never bought into it but wasted a couple hours with a guy trying to sell me on it 8 years ago who garunteed it was NOT Amway until he gave me some promotional tape that showed that it was.

TomcoPDR
10-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Well Tom, I'm glad you had the sense to turn him down, but please take down his info! No sense advertising for some sleazy schmuck.

lol, yea true.

I just thought Beyonders might come up with creative ways to suggest a business proposal with him.

A790
10-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by SilverGS

LOL its a template site probably available with his site provider.

The vitamins give it away as Amway or Canadian equivalent. I think those are Amway's main product. That and cleaning products.

Never bought into it but wasted a couple hours with a guy trying to sell me on it 8 years ago who garunteed it was NOT Amway until he gave me some promotional tape that showed that it was.

That's what I've never understood: if you're trying to sell an MLM, why bother hiding it? They'll figure it out eventually.