PDA

View Full Version : How to lose that damn gut??

Pages : 1 [2]

dub_c
01-06-2008, 07:03 PM
bahahahaha :rofl:

Daan
01-06-2008, 07:12 PM
are you guys talking about what food eats ?

I'm 6'4 and 260 lb and am happy. bike around glenmore reservoir as I do daily and eat whatever
I'm Romanian, so we eat a lot ... especially meat and unhealthy stuff

Lex350
01-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by kerry

You know I slowly get more and more sick of your comments dude. Sure you're old and in good shape. Good job. I mean it. Your results that you've posted are great. It's super admirable that you've manned up and changed yourself for the better. But none of that gives you the right to question or insult the way I train. So you can get fucked for that ridiculous and unnecessary comment.

Now let be very simple and clear on one thing. I do not have a six pack. I don't have cords in my chest bulging out and I'm not shredded. I've worked my ass off to look healthy and I'm very very fucking proud of that. I don't look like a model or an insane athlete but I'm still proud of what I've done. So on that note fuck you. I live healthy and AM healthy.

Now I'm friends with some killer fucking athletes. They're all national level swimmers and they train their asses off. All of their coaches? Same deal. That's where I get my attitude from. Young AND old insane athletes. They don't make excuses like some of us.

I never said that it was the right attitude for everyone. I told you what mine was. Do I need your opinion? No. But you'll still give it and it's your right to. Do I care if my attitude isn't right for a 40+ male? Nope. When I'm 40 then I can change how I train. Fuck, when I'm 30 I'll probably change how I train. To keep healthy right?

Look at Randy Couture. Or some of these hardcore triathletes or marathon runners. Old. Sure they may be exceptions, but they're proof it's possible to continue to train as hard as possible. They're proof that with the right mind set you can do anything. That was my point.

When you assume that I'm going to stick with this forever it only makes an ass out of you and me :thumbsup:

Now go hang out with your family and stop picking on us internet nerds ;)

Yes I do take this seriously, because my health is a serious thing.

Relax...maybe it's all that Ehpedrine you take. ;)

I have the right to question you as much as you do me or anybody else on this board. I'm not doing it to piss you off. I just see two schhols of thought here.

One is health based and one it to achieve strenght and a certain look....but they aren't the same thing. My point being unhealthy training and diet are unhealthy no matter what your age. Have at it all you like but if people look to this thread for information I'll give the other side of it even if it contrary to what you believe. People can then make up their own mind.

If you don't like it?...well....though shit.:burnout:

brucebanner
01-06-2008, 09:47 PM
I've been considering joining a gym for the last little while. My problem is that I dont think that I can stay focused enough to stay at it.

I used to go while I was in HS but I stopped after 6 months or so. I just lost interest in it really. I got bored with just going threw the motions.

Ive been researching some boxing gyms here in Calgary and seem to think that would be a good option for me. I feel as though that would kick my ass enough.

Any tips to stay focused in the gym? I am still highly considering that option as it seems that it would offer a wider variety.

Kerry I would be interested in doing a workout or two with you as it seems that you work out intensely. That and I only live down the road from the Crowfoot Y.

Oh and if it matters, 6'4 235

Darkane
01-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by bruceod

Any tips to stay focused in the gym?

tips? How about results.

T-nation.com

Read up on just starting diet + routines. There is no reason why you can't add weight to the bar EVERY WEEK!

kerry
01-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by rotten42

I have the right to question you as much as you do me or anybody else on this board. I'm not doing it to piss you off. I just see two schhols of thought here.

One is health based and one it to achieve strenght and a certain look....but they aren't the same thing. My point being unhealthy training and diet are unhealthy no matter what your age. Have at it all you like but if people look to this thread for information I'll give the other side of it even if it contrary to what you believe. People can then make up their own mind.

Yes you're right. It's all of the ephedrine that is making me unhappy that you've insulted the way I train. You got it there bud! :thumbsup:

You see two schools of thought? Good! I'm glad you can discern between two very different opinions. I'm happy for you. But admit what you said wasn't respectful to me. You had no good reason to be disrespectful. You are right, people can make up their own mind but again, you give no explanation as to why you decided to be and have continued to be disrespectful.

See if I don't like it, I could so something about it. But I'm not the kind of mod that bans people for not being in agreement with my opinions. I actually said you were entitled to your own opinion. You just could've come across it a little better than assuming that all I care about is how I look. That's outright rude.

In either case, I hope explaining how I train has helped people on here. I hope to see some more people giving their advice as beyond has helped me a lot in my health and fitness.

Normally I could use the excuse of being a young adult male and playing the "overly aggressive and defensive" card but alas, I'll act a little more mature and not attack you. It's not really worth my time to argue with someone with more wisdom than myself over beyond, and I mean that literally. It's called respect... and I respect your opinion and what you've done for yourself.

On another note... dub_c. Where do you train? We could workout together but I'm sure you've got me beat man! hahah.

Anyone that wants a new workout buddy, I train at Crowfoot YMCA. Nice gym, great eye candy! Can't go wrong!

kerry
01-06-2008, 11:12 PM
I've been considering joining a gym for the last little while. My problem is that I dont think that I can stay focused enough to stay at it.

I used to go while I was in HS but I stopped after 6 months or so. I just lost interest in it really. I got bored with just going threw the motions.

Ive been researching some boxing gyms here in Calgary and seem to think that would be a good option for me. I feel as though that would kick my ass enough.

Any tips to stay focused in the gym? I am still highly considering that option as it seems that it would offer a wider variety.

Kerry I would be interested in doing a workout or two with you as it seems that you work out intensely. That and I only live down the road from the Crowfoot Y.

Oh and if it matters, 6'4 235

Hey sorry about not responding to what you wrote. If ya wanna hit the gym, I'm there 6 days a week but saturday is the easy day. Send me a PM and I'll give you my cell number.

mikestang
01-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by rotten42

what do you define as healthy?

its unhealthy to continously abuse your body. your body while young has very high regen rates. ie; hangovers just kill more and more as u get older.

its well known, it's not how hard you abuse your body, it's for how long... that goes for anything. I can abuse my liver hard as hell.. aslong as I give it time to recover before I do it again

I have good cholestorol levels, bp, my liver is still good, I'm strong.. the only thing I lack is my cardiovascular - and that's basically my size, genetics and lifestyle (growing up with 3 chainsmokers, torn rotator cuff, previous injury in left arm, bad knees already)... there's a point where you can't get any better unless you're willing to be fully dedicated to being completely healthy - which means being healthy is your day job (for a large portion of people)... OR it will take years of dedicated-ocassional training.

young people lack the years portion

dub_c
01-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Sorry Kerry, I don't live in Calgary anymore, I'm out in bumfuck Sask ATM. I'll be down in a couple weeks, so if you want to go lift, we can. PM me your msn addy.

TegLover
01-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by dub_c
Sorry Kerry, I don't live in Calgary anymore, I'm out in bumfuck Sask ATM. I'll be down in a couple weeks, so if you want to go lift, we can. PM me your msn addy.

I will outlift and outrun both of you!

dub_c
01-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by TegLover

I will outlift and outrun both of you!

Details are overwhelming.http://smiliesftw.com/x/eek5oopsie__________.gif

hukgwai
01-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

Agreed. He probably walks around 185-190 regularly and day after weigh-ins around 180ish for fight night. Its amazing how these athelets can cut/gain weight so fast....

It's called a diuretic. He probably water loads and then goes on a mild diuretic like Aldactone... and piss out 10 to 15 lbs. Bodybuilders have been using them since the stone age.

I'm shedding another 4% for holidays, but will favour high intensity training, cardio (slow pace with steep incline on the treadmill), and party favours (clenbuterol, GH, and T4s). I'm older, so I need all the perks I can get.

1-Bar
01-06-2008, 11:58 PM

I completely agree with ya too Chris. When you do step on the scale remember that scales don't tell you how you look, how you feel or how confident you should be. It's just a number.

Feel good about working hard for what you want, and it'll come. It will take time, but it will come.

:werd: where's your pic :poosie: haha

Motivation is key, without it, you're hopeless. The easiest to stay motivated for the gym is to find a good workout buddy. One who will get your ass in the gym when you call him up and say "I can't make it" (and vise versa).

Another good tip that worked for me was leaving a page of my long term goal and a monthly goal for me gym/fitness wise taped to the fridge. This year was prepping for my Jamaican wedding trip. Needless to say, I packed on 10lbs of LBM and shed a couple of pounds of fat. Haha, was awesome......

ricosuave
01-07-2008, 10:45 AM
http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/Relationships/NEWContentPosting_TheSoko.htm?newsitemid=thesoko-1634&feedname=THESOKO_V2&show=true&number=5&showbyline=true&abc=abc

Oz-
01-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Just wanted to add a few things, a lot of people (not really in this thread) look at the scale for their metric of how "in shape" they are in. If you want to get in shape don't use the scale, sure it helps but like 1-bar said earlier its about body composition. I prefer to use metrics like body fat %, measurements of neck/chest/gut/arms/legs/calves/etc, and even the amount of weight I am throwing up.

Now that I am over 30, I do notice that I don't recover as quickly and the diet portion is by far the most important for me. When I was in high school/university and playing football, I would be able to train hard for 3-4 months and be able to do everything at will even though I drank non stop and ate fast food non-stop. Age started to catch up to me and that has made me change my diet dramatically.

YMMV

PS: If you are starting to go to the gym, please put your weights back.

sexualbanana
01-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
I for one am a huge fan on high intensity workouts, but i do it with weights. I read somewhere above about combining three different moves in a row that target 3 drastically different areas of the body and these are pure gold.

Do Squats then chin ups and then bench press with no rest in between With minimal rest between doing the next three and you will be working up a sweat in no time.

I like to do supersets too. But I'm more of a push-pull setup. For example, if my focus is chest, I'll do a 2-exercise superset of bench press (push) and row (pull), this way I'm working out offsetting muscles and maintaining a balance.

TVG
01-07-2008, 04:56 PM
The real reason push-pull supersets became popular is because there is actually a significant increase in recovery of the muscle not being worked. This occurs because the muscle is relaxed beyond the point you would be able to relax it just resting. Definitely the best way to work out.

1-Bar
01-07-2008, 05:24 PM
^kinda agree on the whole balance push/pull thing, but remember, legs and back muscles account for ~70% total muscle mass and thus should be worked on accordingly. This means that your chest day exercises should not be more then your back day exercises, same goes for arms vs. legs

Soooo many guys at the gym who look like marshmallows with toothpick legs an over developed chest. Here's a hint, if at your natural body posture when you look in the mirror and see the back of your hands, you're negleting your back. Palms should be facing eachother:thumbsup:

kerry
01-07-2008, 05:50 PM

Soooo many guys at the gym who look like marshmallows with toothpick legs an over developed chest. Here's a hint, if at your natural body posture when you look in the mirror and see the back of your hands, you're negleting your back. Palms should be facing eachother:thumbsup:

Hahahah I've seen those guys at the gym! The juice monkey type lol.

I have HUGE legs so luckily I don't get that problem, but great advice in regards to training back and chest!!!! :thumbsup:

kerry
01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh

And here's a shitty cellphone blur fest pic for you guys to make fun of me with. Maybe I'll take a better one later.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/crimsonkwee/200801052039.jpg

dub_c
01-07-2008, 05:58 PM

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/crimsonkwee/200801052039.jpg

http://smiliesftw.com/x/eek5oopsie__________.gif

kerry
01-07-2008, 06:12 PM

http://smiliesftw.com/x/eek5oopsie__________.gif

Lol... I know you got me beat hahah

dub_c
01-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Well, hopefully some of the members with big ego's leave them at the door of the gym, or get over their mid life crisis.

:thumbsup:

Lex350
01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
...or grow up:rolleyes: :rofl:

1-Bar
01-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Oh

And here's a shitty cellphone blur fest pic for you guys to make fun of me with. Maybe I'll take a better one later.

Wow haven't seen you in person for quite sometime, your time at the gym is paying off :thumbsup:

Some beefcake type guys here.....where are my asian meso/ecto brethern?

dub_c
01-08-2008, 06:35 AM
MOTHER FUCKERS, QUIT LEAVING DUMBBELLS ACROSS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GYM :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Daan
01-08-2008, 06:59 AM
FINE

next time we'll take them home

Antonito
01-08-2008, 07:48 AM
MOTHER FUCKERS, QUIT LEAVING DUMBBELLS ACROSS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GYM :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

What kills me is that half the time (at least at my gym) it's the personal trainers that do it.

dub_c
01-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Antonito

What kills me is that half the time (at least at my gym) it's the personal trainers that do it.

I'm starting to think the same thing. I came to work out, not chase down equipment all over the place. They better put me on the payroll soon if this keeps up.

mikestang
01-08-2008, 11:08 AM
it drives me nuts when people hide the clamps in my gym... cus theres 4 clamps that actually fit on the bar, unlike hte other 20 which make u swear at the fucking things and struggle to get them on and off - unless you know exactly what angle to pull them off at :|

ps. its the overdeveloped back that causes the palms to face away. the more "V" your body gets, the worse it is. I have an extremely strong back and I have a mild case of "look at how biiiiig i am mewhahaha muscles mewhahahah i lift weights"

my back pushes my arms out a bit, and the chest pulls themin a bit aswell, with "perfect" posture on me, my arms kinda wander away from my body.. so i walk around a bit slouched so i dont look like a douchebag

PS. GRUNT! when i started training my arms harrrd this summer.. i bulked... god i hate bulking... i get so fat when I do :D bulk cut bulk cut bulk cut bulk cut weeeeeeeeeee

http://license2cruise.com/pics/mikeintense.jpg

kerry
01-08-2008, 11:58 AM

Wow haven't seen you in person for quite sometime, your time at the gym is paying off :thumbsup:

Thanks dude! I appreciate what ya said!

I'm not tryin to be beefcake, but alas genetics dealt me a shitty hand with being a big dude. I want to cut a bit more. No need for bulking when you're over 230 already! :) I am half asian but definitely not ecto lol.

In reality, the only way to cut though is through cardio and strict diet. Situps only make you tired by themselves hahaha.

mikestang... you're a beast.

dub_c
01-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm with Kerry, having a bigger base off the bat owns, rather having to bulk up. My metabolism is a bit slow, but fuck, whatever, I'm not out to impress people.

sexualbanana
01-08-2008, 01:47 PM

Right here........ Yeah, no.

1-Bar
01-08-2008, 03:17 PM
^nice Gav, time to post your "gun" pic :nut:

sexualbanana
01-08-2008, 03:43 PM
^nice Gav, time to post your "gun" pic :nut:

"Yeah, I fucking grunt when I get my swell on at the gym. That's just because everyone should fucking see how jacked and tanned I am."

4JMOh-cul6M

dub_c
01-08-2008, 03:58 PM
LOL. Fucking awesome video.

1-Bar
01-08-2008, 11:15 PM
haha, classic Gave n1.....

ricefarmer
01-09-2008, 12:47 AM
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Index.html

if 'abs are made in the kitchen' this is probably one of the best tools out there to track calories and keep a journal of your fitness goals.
website was introduced to me a while ago... around the time I started a new job sitting on my ass in front of the computer all day with the snack tray just outside my office. This job (and other changes in my life that leave me with very little time for the gym)have been absolutely BRUTAL on my body but I didn't change my diet or it has gotten worse since then.Sadly I haven't even used this yet...:rofl: :( :banghead:

pinoyhero
01-09-2008, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by mikestang
it drives me nuts when people hide the clamps in my gym... cus theres 4 clamps that actually fit on the bar, unlike hte other 20 which make u swear at the fucking things and struggle to get them on and off - unless you know exactly what angle to pull them off at :|

ps. its the overdeveloped back that causes the palms to face away. the more "V" your body gets, the worse it is. I have an extremely strong back and I have a mild case of "look at how biiiiig i am mewhahaha muscles mewhahahah i lift weights"

my back pushes my arms out a bit, and the chest pulls themin a bit aswell, with "perfect" posture on me, my arms kinda wander away from my body.. so i walk around a bit slouched so i dont look like a douchebag

PS. GRUNT! when i started training my arms harrrd this summer.. i bulked... god i hate bulking... i get so fat when I do :D bulk cut bulk cut bulk cut bulk cut weeeeeeeeeee

http://license2cruise.com/pics/mikeintense.jpg

Is this a serious pic?

kerry
01-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Let's not kid ourselves, the only reason we all go to the gym is so we can flex in the mirrors and take awesome myspace photos!

There's actually a book called The Abs Diet
http://www.amazon.com/Abs-Diet-Six-Week-Flatten-Stomach/dp/B000E1KPV4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199923505&sr=8-1

Men's Health Magazine says it's a great book and a lot of the stuff that comes out of that magazine is actual great information.

Check it out!

mikestang
01-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero

Is this a serious pic?

serious in which respect?

ill look like that when im lifting max, but im not serious in it... thats only 45lbs on a pulley system hahaha

ill get a buddy of mine to get a pic of me doing 70lb curls :D

dub_c
01-09-2008, 11:08 PM
K well let me get my friends to take pictures of me bench pressing the c-train.

kerry
01-09-2008, 11:13 PM
You can only bench a c-train?

Wek Sos man... I maxed out the Calgary tower yesterday. Clean and press full set of 15 motha fucka!

mikestang
01-10-2008, 12:00 AM
i bench the world mutha fucka...

pinoyhero
01-10-2008, 07:13 AM
K well let me get my friends to take pictures of me bench pressing the c-train.

Haha

writhen
01-10-2008, 08:07 AM
So what if you eat the right things (low glycemic carbs, protiens, very low fats, etc) but eat a lot of it, and you start at a really high body fat % such as 25-30. Do you lose fat and gain muscle?

sexualbanana
01-10-2008, 10:03 AM
i bench the world mutha fucka...

You know that statue of that dude with the world on his back? Yeah, that's me. AKA: The Atlas! bitches.

dub_c
01-10-2008, 11:39 AM
About 2 years ago, I squatted my friend on the c train, while it was in motion. Let me look for pics.

kerry
01-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by writhen
So what if you eat the right things (low glycemic carbs, protiens, very low fats, etc) but eat a lot of it, and you start at a really high body fat % such as 25-30. Do you lose fat and gain muscle?

Sounds to me like you've read the south beach diet book. It does work, I did try the south beach diet, but...

Think of food and calories as fuel. Sure you may have really really good pure 94 octane going into your car but too much will just... sit in the tank until you burn it. By eating 4-5 times a day your metabolism will get better and become more effective with putting out the excess calories. To be the most effective though in losing weight, you have to consider being fuel efficient too. Think about that as Touring Car racing. Sure they could lots of gas, but that would hinder performance so they only cruise around with just enough that the "excess" isn't there but still enough to keep pushing along maintaining a steady pace.

What I'm getting at with my shitty analogies is that you it's not BAD to eat a lot of good food. It's just better to eat less if possible. Eat just enough for yourself to get by in a day and yes eat good food like what you briefly mentioned. That coupled with an easy 2-3 day a week routine should help you get on the road to losing weight. Then after a month or 2 you can up the intensity of workout, add more time, add more days, change actual workouts around etc.

When you start losing fat you can gain muscle, but you won't just magically put on muscle. You'll have to work for it. Work on big muscle groups; legs, back chest etc. More muscle used means more calories burned therefore more fat lost. But remember... start out slow.

Start off slow and work your way up.

Super easy and good cardio that would be good would be biking on a fairly decent level of resistance in "random" mode at the gym or walking at about 3mph on a slight incline to help raise and maintain a slightly higher heart rate. Don't over do it.

Fuck I post too much.

dub_c
01-10-2008, 11:49 AM
You should shut up and go lift some weights you twig.

dub_c
01-10-2008, 11:56 AM
dub_c makes em say uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/travisb101/squat.jpg

shitty form, but its hard to do at whatever the fucking train rips at.

mikestang
01-10-2008, 12:04 PM
bahahahhaha

I LOVE THE FORM.. SIRIUSLY

wtf that almost looks like he jumped on u ;x
"AHHHH U DIE!!!"

im going to the gym. I PREACH WHAT I DONT SPEAK CUS MY SECRETS R SECRET

my goal today is deadlift 405 x 5 reps ;D

kerry
01-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Yeah... well fuck you all.

I found the pic I took the other day when I curled the Calgary Tower.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/crimsonkwee/kerrycalgarytower.jpg

dub_c
01-10-2008, 12:20 PM
bahahahhaha

I LOVE THE FORM.. SIRIUSLY

wtf that almost looks like he jumped on u ;x
"AHHHH U DIE!!!"

im going to the gym. I PREACH WHAT I DONT SPEAK CUS MY SECRETS R SECRET

my goal today is deadlift 405 x 5 reps ;D

don't blow your back up bud.

mikestang
01-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Yeah... well fuck you all.

I found the pic I took the other day when I curled the Calgary Tower.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/crimsonkwee/kerrycalgarytower.jpg

i lol'd hard

ps.. i only did 375 x5 :(

*cries*

GingeRRRBeef
01-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Let's not kid ourselves, the only reason we all go to the gym is so we can flex in the mirrors and take awesome myspace photos!

There's actually a book called The Abs Diet
http://www.amazon.com/Abs-Diet-Six-Week-Flatten-Stomach/dp/B000E1KPV4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199923505&sr=8-1

Men's Health Magazine says it's a great book and a lot of the stuff that comes out of that magazine is actual great information.

Check it out!

Check this out http://bellyoff.menshealth.com/SNC/ViewItem.aspx?itemGUID=3c7210f6-3f16-4e2c-9528-1f2775dc857f&pguid=f11af873-2ef5-4d59-802c-892406ffe605

These are great exercises for newbies and "experts" alike.

TegLover
01-12-2008, 01:09 AM
About 2 years ago, I squatted my friend on the c train, while it was in motion. Let me look for pics.

HEY i was there when you did that HAHA this man speaks the truth!:thumbsup:

dub_c
01-12-2008, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by TegLover

HEY i was there when you did that HAHA this man speaks the truth!:thumbsup:

im hotrex nigga

DTTB_36
01-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Instead of how much can you curl, what's everyones max clean. Mine is 115kg. I'm 6'2 240 with 38". I need to drop 20-25 lbs. I have been trying to gain weight for the last 3 years for football but then had teh rug pull out from under me with a new coach and him not liking fullbacks. So I have never gone on a diet and never had to. But now I need to learn now to have some control and not just eat everything in sight. Whats the easiest way to start a diet? Also, my workouts right now are extremely intense and focus on muscle growth (mostly lower body), is there anyway to lose weight during this phase without destroying any muscle gains?

Darkane
01-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by DTTB_36
is there anyway to lose weight during this phase without destroying any muscle gains?

In short No. What can be done is slight muscle gain along with strength while cutting.

The half day TCD (timed carb diet) sounds like what you need.

It's this simple, in the first part of the day you eat carbs, in the second you don't. Your body will use fat for fuel in the latter hours of day. If you work out in the evening eat 80% of all your carbs around the workout.

check this site for excellent info.

www.ironaddicts.com

That site isn't filled with immature BB.com bullshit.

Enjoy.

cityhunter2501
01-30-2008, 07:47 PM
can anyone check if I'm doing my workout right?

Im 5'9 and currently 210lbs, was around 225 this xmas holiday, and started hitting the gym again 2 weeks ago
my goal is to get to 180-190 before summer.

I hit the gym 5 times a week, mon-friday for 1h - 1h30m session.

what I do is
treadmill - started at 20 min, now Im running at around 23min for total of 2 miles, 25 is my next goal

then depending what day it is, I work my chest, arms, shoulders, stomach/back, legs.

then at the end I do a 10min elliptical

my diet consist of a banana in the morning, sandwich for lunch then dinner either another sandwich, or vegetables soup. if I'm hungry during the day I snack off some assorted nuts.

kerry
01-31-2008, 09:22 AM
If you're working out that much you should eat more dude. There's tonnes of diet plans on the internet but really you're not eating very much. You'll start killing muscle tissue instead of fat without the proper food intake.

b_t
01-31-2008, 09:35 AM
You also should run faster if at all possible.. if you really want to get into fat burning territory, you should be running your ass off. Try and increase your distance run while keeping your time roughly the same. I would also recommend you switch from the treadmill to the bike or elliptical to prevent damaging your knees in the long run. Save real running for when you want to do a 5k or something :)

kerry
01-31-2008, 09:37 AM
Or play speed metal with b_t and I! ;)

b_t
01-31-2008, 09:46 AM
That is definitely a sweet fat burning exercise :D

Other pointers...
Going back to what was on page 3, when you are in the gym, give it 100%. I don't fuck around - I don't talk to anyone, don't sit on the bench for five minutes, don't spend the whole time at the water fountain, nothing. I power through my whole lifting workout in 30-40 minutes and superset everything so I cut down on the amount of time I spend resting.

I do weights three times a week because my schedule limits me to that, and then do abs and core on the other four days a week. I found that doing abs on the same day as heavy lifting made it harder to do almost everything and while that was good for my abs, it really started to cut into my gains with everythnig else.

There's been a lot of research that shows heavy lifting (say 4 sets of 8) is just as if not more effective at burning fat than doing fewer sets of more reps (say 3 sets of 12). It spikes your metabolism higher, longer, apparently, but I can't comment on if this is true or not because burning fat isn't something I really have to do :D

I work the complete opposite way... was a skinny bastard that repped 95lbs and curled 20s and weighed I think 150 and now I'm 168-170 (but still very skinny ahaha) and rep 170lbs on the bench and curl 40s.. not a powerhouse by any means but you know. Its all about being in a better place than you were before.

j.ng-
02-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by b_t
Its all about being in a better place than you were before.

that my friend
is beautiful:cry:

hukgwai
02-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by b_t
You also should run faster if at all possible.. if you really want to get into fat burning territory, you should be running your ass off. Try and increase your distance run while keeping your time roughly the same. I would also recommend you switch from the treadmill to the bike or elliptical to prevent damaging your knees in the long run. Save real running for when you want to do a 5k or something :)

If you want to preserve muscle mass, do a fast walk (2.6 to 3.3) on the treadmill at a steep incline. This is what you'll see people doing when they prepare to cut down for a show... better on your joints too.

pome902
02-11-2008, 08:21 PM
this had made me want to go to the gym, pce guys find me at cardel =D

kerry
02-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by pome902
this had made me want to go to the gym, pce guys find me at cardel =D

Good to hear dude!

Post your results and what not to let us know how you're doin.

mikestang
02-12-2008, 05:29 PM
MUSCLES! im bulking up again starting (yesterday)

225 bench.. my goal is to hit 245benchx5 in 3 weeks time or else.. or. else.

and beable to do 120 dumbell press x5

maybe work my legs out a bit? :/

in 3 weeks its cut to 12-14% bodyfat. I'm hovering around 18% and will probably hit 20-24% when I'm done bulking.. dirty bulk ftw

6'1 and 232 lbs atm..

should hit 250lbs in 3 weeks