PDA

View Full Version : Unpainted Body Kits



JC Civic
07-11-2003, 03:53 PM
What's up with cars driving around with unpainted body kits on them? Just wondering is this a new trend or something? I've seen 2 red civics in the NE (Corral Springs), white and red Del Sol around Forest Lawn, red Probe on Macleod Tr. and others I can't remember. I personally think it looks ugly, if they can afforded to buy these body kits, why can't they afford to paint them first before installing them on to their car.

EG STyLeZ
07-11-2003, 03:57 PM
it's not a new trend, people have always been doing it. i have no clue why though

TEG_G2
07-11-2003, 04:44 PM
I seen that Del Sol on 17ave se so many times but everytime I see it, the body kit is still not painted. It's been like that since 2 years ago. :dunno:

07-11-2003, 08:29 PM
Yeah I see that red civic all the time too. I think it comes down to not being to afford to paint it. I mean, if you have the cash, as if you wouldn't get it done. If anyone here has a kit and has it on their car and is not painted... please please, get it painted!

Seanith
07-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Yeah i have never understood this either.. it looks so tacky and rediculous. If you can't afford to paint the kit, don't buy the kit. PERIOD. I could understand if someone got it fitted and have a day booked to get it painted in the near future, but it doesn't seem to be the case for some of these people :dunno:

rice_eater
07-12-2003, 12:02 AM
coz they are pimp YO!!! :D

sexualbanana
07-12-2003, 12:26 AM
I see the red probe a lot too.

RiceCake
07-12-2003, 07:40 AM
Anyone see a 97 or 98 Camry rolling around with an unpainted kit and a huge aluminum spoiler? Tan colored? :rofl: I see it cruising on Macleod all the time :rofl:

Daddymax
07-12-2003, 11:56 AM
there are other reasons. People put their stuff on to take shape on teh car. And to make sure it fits so they can trim and what not before painting.

van
07-12-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by JC Civic
What's up with cars driving around with unpainted body kits on them? Just wondering is this a new trend or something? I've seen 2 red civics in the NE (Corral Springs), white and red Del Sol around Forest Lawn, red Probe on Macleod Tr. and others I can't remember. I personally think it looks ugly, if they can afforded to buy these body kits, why can't they afford to paint them first before installing them on to their car.



Originally posted by TEG_G2
I seen that Del Sol on 17ave se so many times but everytime I see it, the body kit is still not painted. It's been like that since 2 years ago. :dunno:


That's my friends car.... I asked her why she didn't paint it / lower it yet and she just said she's still working.. haha and it's been like that since she got the car... so yeah.. oh well...

Ben
07-12-2003, 03:18 PM
I saw some guy on McLeod yesterday driving a silver 5th Gen lude with a black unpainted body kit on it. Had Speedville and "Honda Racing" decals all over it. Also appeared to have his springs cut cause the car was bouncing up and down all over the place. Real safe. :rolleyes:

Driving with Cut Springs + Unpainted Body Kit = Should have saved up more to do it properly.

sexualbanana
07-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Daddymax
there are other reasons. People put their stuff on to take shape on teh car. And to make sure it fits so they can trim and what not before painting.

Those are legimate reasons, but what is their reason for leaving it on?? The Probe has had that kit unpainted for at least a month.

GT2NV
07-17-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
The Probe has had that kit unpainted for at least a month.
yeah i know he should have saved up and had it done properly,not driving around with it multicolors , like me MINES GOING IN ON MONDAY And im pumped!!! haha:)

Hash_man
07-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Anyone see a 97 or 98 Camry rolling around with an unpainted kit and a huge aluminum spoiler? Tan colored? I see it cruising on Macleod all the time



OMG, that has to be one of the ugliest cars ever. I really hate it. I see it at least once a day, it has a different colour front bumper and back bumper, a big cheesy aluminum wing, and blue/black tint..

James
07-18-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Ben
I saw some guy on McLeod yesterday driving a silver 5th Gen lude with a black unpainted body kit on it. Had Speedville and "Honda Racing" decals all over it. Also appeared to have his springs cut cause the car was bouncing up and down all over the place. Real safe. :rolleyes:

Driving with Cut Springs + Unpainted Body Kit = Should have saved up more to do it properly.


:rofl:....thats my buddy from work, my car-less self got a ride home in his car the other day, i bug him all the time about the unpainted Kit, he dosnt seem to mind the way it looks :confused:.....He Has lowering Springs, but its still on the Stock shocks/struts,( will be changed within a month) hence the slightly bouncy ride. Its just really low, and on 18" wheels its gets pretty rough.

sml
07-18-2003, 01:07 PM
There's a red civic hatch by my house that has a green rear bumper + green front lip + baby blue side skirts... it looks like a lego toy car. I think some people just steal kits off other people's cars and put it on their own. I guess it doesn't matter what color the kit is as long as it fits on your car... :thumbsdow:

Mckenzie
07-22-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by RiceCake
Anyone see a 97 or 98 Camry rolling around with an unpainted kit and a huge aluminum spoiler? Tan colored? :rofl: I see it cruising on Macleod all the time :rofl:

Wait until I get pics of this thing...... I have to say it is the most ridiculous car I have ever seen in my entire life.... It lives over near 90ave and 24 st....so hurtin....

4 door camry with blue and yellow body kit, and silver aluminum spoiler....and it is silver....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Toms-Celica
07-22-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by James



:rofl:....thats my buddy from work, my car-less self got a ride home in his car the other day, i bug him all the time about the unpainted Kit, he dosnt seem to mind the way it looks :confused:.....He Has lowering Springs, but its still on the Stock shocks/struts,( will be changed within a month) hence the slightly bouncy ride. Its just really low, and on 18" wheels its gets pretty rough.

James, could you do me a big favour? Ask him why he hangs out infront of Bishop Grandin all the time? And if he knows a lovely lady called Veronika?
:dunno:

TEG_G2
07-22-2003, 11:47 AM
I saw the red probe goin down deerfoot heading south :rolleyes:

James
07-22-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica


James, could you do me a big favour? Ask him why he hangs out infront of Bishop Grandin all the time? And if he knows a lovely lady called Veronika?
:dunno:

Im guessing he hangs out there cause he use to go to Grandin....would this Veronika girl be your Sister or something and you want to kick his ass? :rofl:...j/k i'll see.whats your name?

Toms-Celica
07-22-2003, 03:30 PM
Nope, shes just a really good friend. Names Thomas (I've met you before!). Your friend doesnt know me.

BigMass
07-22-2003, 11:17 PM
Just buy some good car spray paint and be done with it. You dont even need to worry about overspray if you do it before you install it

Boost Infested
07-22-2003, 11:37 PM
i hate that too.. if you cant affort the paint then dont put them on...

ZorroAMG
07-28-2003, 01:38 PM
All indications point to stupidity on this one....those people pay to have it installed, so now they either have to pay to have it removed, painted and reinstalled or they will ghetto spray it still on the car...either way, it is ridiculous....even if they installed it themselves, it is a huge waste of time...Lose Lose situation..HAHAHA

That Camry has to be the funniest thing around. It has potential to look good when painted but sheesh...take that shit off until you do!!

07-28-2003, 02:12 PM
actaully the red del sol 's body kit is painted white cuz that is probably the way the girl likes it!

~ends bitching
SHo&Go

shadowz
07-28-2003, 02:20 PM
LOL its the new hotness

talonboi
07-28-2003, 02:43 PM
well we had a 1998 honda prelude SE with a black widow bodykit... even if it wasnt painted we still installed it...juss to see whut mods we have to do before getting it painted... the reason why we left it on cuzz we got lazy and juss drove it around with the body kit not painted for a couple of days...we took it off did all the mods and got it painted...

juss cuzz sumeone drives with their bodykit not painted doesnt mean they cant afford to paint it...

when we installed the rear bumper we noticed that the exhaust wasnt even near the lil space where the exhuast was suppose to go... so good thing we tried to install it before getting it painted

mad_psyentist
07-28-2003, 03:35 PM
Installing prior to painting is one thing. You do have to make sure they fit before you waste the time and money to paint them. Drivin' around in them for a few days is doable so's you can make sure the aerodynamics hold up and no pieces go flying off as you're cruisin' down Deerfoot. Anything past that is just damned lazy.

szw
07-31-2003, 03:22 AM
How come monte carlo's come with mismatched factory bodykits? Is it really factory or is the dealer just switching them?

I think they are called monte carlo's anyways...

roopi
08-06-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by mad_psyentist
Installing prior to painting is one thing. You do have to make sure they fit before you waste the time and money to paint them. Drivin' around in them for a few days is doable so's you can make sure the aerodynamics hold up and no pieces go flying off as you're cruisin' down Deerfoot. Anything past that is just damned lazy.

yeah that sounds about right. i installed mine made sure it fit and then ripped down to the shop a few hours later and left the car their to get painted!

DJ Lazy
08-09-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man


OMG, that has to be one of the ugliest cars ever. I really hate it. I see it at least once a day, it has a different colour front bumper and back bumper, a big cheesy aluminum wing, and blue/black tint..

You obviously have not seen this Tool and his Tempo... LOL.. you know the one with the Super Street stickers on it, and it has BLINGITY BLING hubcaps, a honda factory wing, BUT he is getting it upgraded to a BOEING 747 Aluminum wing... :rofl: :rofl: and I am SURE the guy has a can from some baked beans as his muffler... LOL... :bigpimp:

I will HAVE to get a picture for you guys... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ninspeed
08-09-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by szw
How come monte carlo's come with mismatched factory bodykits? Is it really factory or is the dealer just switching them?

I think they are called monte carlo's anyways...

They are like that from the factory on the monte carlo SS versons (or the ones with ss trim). they are all silver though

Seanith
08-09-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lo-Tec


You obviously have not seen this Tool and his Tempo... LOL.. you know the one with the Super Street stickers on it, and it has BLINGITY BLING hubcaps, a honda factory wing, BUT he is getting it upgraded to a BOEING 747 Aluminum wing... :rofl: :rofl: and I am SURE the guy has a can from some baked beans as his muffler... LOL... :bigpimp:

I will HAVE to get a picture for you guys... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMFG i've seen this car! Ahahah he was at the Southtrail walmart and i just stared at it in awe.. he probably thought i liked it :D :barf: :barf: