PDA

View Full Version : road rage - so I got called a 4-eyed gook today.

frozenrice
10-24-2007, 08:53 AM
hahaha
I'm driving through my neighbourhood to go to work this morning. A Nissan Murano starts tailing me. It's obvious he's in a bit of a hurry judging by the way he driving- swerving as if he's trying to pass. Problem is he can't because it's residential and there's no place to really pass. Fine so be it. "Guy needs to take a pill." I'm thinking in the back of my head. We come to a 4 way stop. I wait my turn to go and just as I let out the clutch to move, he starts leaning on the horn. I take exception to this and stop my car mid intersection, get out and walk up to this asswipe to ask what his problem is. He says they're (his wife and dog) are late. So I ask him why is that my problem. He says that I don't know how to drive my little Honda, blah, blah, blah and then to top it off he says "you four-eyed gook".

It took a lot out of me to walk away before doing something stupid, but doing that just let the situation stir around in my head and now it's bugging me because I should have done something to put this fatso in his place. Anyway nothing I can do about it now.

Nice way to start the day.......:thumbsdow

Toms-SC
10-24-2007, 08:58 AM
:rofl:

Grats on having balls.

(In before JRSC00LUDE)

JRSC00LUDE
10-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Picked a bad day not too wear your contacts I guess......

But, racist comments are the last refuge of the ignorant so chalk it up to you being the better man. Sounds like he's just an angry fat man with a matching dog and wife.

benyl
10-24-2007, 09:04 AM
I would have kept sitting at the 4 way stop. And as he backed up to go around, so would I... hahahhahahaha

Nice going.

There are a lot of retards on the road these days.

littledan
10-24-2007, 09:05 AM
learn how to drive your rice-moblie Charlie!

haha jk i hate guys like that :guns:

rage2
10-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Some guy told me to go back to China before haha.

snowboard
10-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

(In before JRSC00LUDE)

lol wtf?

people are so impatient its just comedy.
at least you can laugh at this loser.

analbumcover
10-24-2007, 09:13 AM
what is a gook?

did he mean geek cuz you had 4 eyes?

Lex350
10-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
hahaha
I'm driving through my neighbourhood to go to work this morning. A Nissan Murano starts tailing me. It's obvious he's in a bit of a hurry judging by the way he driving- swerving as if he's trying to pass. Problem is he can't because it's residential and there's no place to really pass. Fine so be it. "Guy needs to take a pill." I'm thinking in the back of my head. We come to a 4 way stop. I wait my turn to go and just as I let out the clutch to move, he starts leaning on the horn. I take exception to this and stop my car mid intersection, get out and walk up to this asswipe to ask what his problem is. He says they're (his wife and dog) are late. So I ask him why is that my problem. He says that I don't know how to drive my little Honda, blah, blah, blah and then to top it off he says "you four-eyed gook".

It took a lot out of me to walk away before doing something stupid, but doing that just let the situation stir around in my head and now it's bugging me because I should have done something to put this fatso in his place. Anyway nothing I can do about it now.

good for you by just walking away. I shows a maturity the other driver didn't have or a maturity the majority of people on this forum don't demonstrate.:thumbsup:

Ferio_vti
10-24-2007, 09:21 AM
I've had a jerk do that to me one time when I was looking for a friend's house. He illegally passed me in the oncoming lane cuz I started to go 10 under. So I followed him home and told I'll come back later since I knew where he lived.

frozenrice
10-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by analbumcover
what is a gook?

did he mean geek cuz you had 4 eyes?

Gook IIRC, is a similar term to chink but typically aimed at Koreans. Most caucasians can't get this right since we all look the same.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gook

anarchy
10-24-2007, 09:27 AM
What a jerk. But it probably wasn't the best idea to get out of your car. You never know what kind of psychos there are out there and it isn't worth getting into shit over drama on the road.

lint
10-24-2007, 09:39 AM
"I'm a chink, not a gook. Get it straight, cracka!"

benyl
10-24-2007, 09:41 AM

Gook IIRC, is a similar term to chink but typically aimed at Koreans. Most caucasians can't get this right since we all look the same.

(U.S. military slang) an Asian person, especially an enemy (e.g. Koreans or Vietnamese during the Korean and Vietnam wars). By extension, any Asian person. Derived from the Korean words “hanguk” and “miguk”. Guk is from the Chinese, Guo, Kingdom or Country. “Hanguk” refers to Korea[30] and “miguk” is the common word for the United States.[31] American troops thought "miguk" sounded like "me gook" (i.e. "I am a gook"). The word persisted during the Vietnam War, perhaps also because the Vietnamese people have a similar word “quốc”, meaning "country". "Gook" was also used by white soldiers in Africa to designate enemy insurgents.

403Gemini
10-24-2007, 09:41 AM

Theres a difference between asians? :dunno:

;) j/k mang haha

Shitty way to start off the day, sounds like you need a stiff drink... and its 9:40 am

nj2Type-S
10-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
I've had a jerk do that to me one time when I was looking for a friend's house. He illegally passed me in the oncoming lane cuz I started to go 10 under. So I followed him home and told I'll come back later since I knew where he lived.

LOL! :thumbsup:

EDIT: i agree with benyl about the whole pulling over part...but so funny how you told him that you'll be back, lol..

benyl
10-24-2007, 09:46 AM

As funny as this is, people doing this piss me off to no end. Pull over and let people pass while you are looking for a house... don't start going slow cause you are too lazy to turn around or go around the block if you pass it.

frozenrice
10-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by anarchy
What a jerk. But it probably wasn't the best idea to get out of your car. You never know what kind of psychos there are out there and it isn't worth getting into shit over drama on the road.

You're right I probably shouldn't have. I normally brush/laugh this kind of stuff off. The guy himself should have thought the same thing. Afterall he doesn't know whether I'm gang affiliated or not or if I'm about to go postal -afterall I haven't taken holidays yet this year.
It's not the incident itselt that bugs me, it's the racial comment that throws me off the most. Calgary still has a was to go, but I thought Calgary was just a bit better than that when it comes to cultural things.

Ferio_vti
10-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by benyl

As funny as this is, people doing this piss me off to no end. Pull over and let people pass while you are looking for a house... don't start going slow cause you are too lazy to turn around or go around the block if you pass it.

Agreed. I was driving 50, but then I started to go 10 under cuz he was tailing me and flashing his highbeams

SCHIDER23
10-24-2007, 10:03 AM
:rofl: the guy probably shit himself when he saw you actually get out of the car, lol some lady pull the finger at me right in front of my house just as I was parking lol I just laughed not worth it.

Jayson
10-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Wow man... if someone called me a gook like that i would've flipped... Props to you for walking away and not making the situation worse....

I probably would've tried to fight him or something if i was you... but i probably wouldn't of got out of my car in the first place... haha

Don't let it bug ya man... he's a fucken loser and a racist, it's all about Karma, something bad will happen to him....:guns:

nj2Type-S
10-24-2007, 10:11 AM
i was stopped at the memorial drive / deerfoot trail intersection yesterday afternoon and this lady got out of her sunfire and started yelling at this chick in her rav4 or something...she got out of her vehicle and was yelling to that chick in the rav4 to stop riding her ass, hahah...people these days...

charizard
10-24-2007, 10:12 AM
damn, what a way to start the day huh

Someone once told me that they would "slap me back to Africa" and I just stared at them in utter confusion. Im South Asian.

snowboard
10-24-2007, 10:16 AM
you shoulda like turned when he said that, and got in like some lame fake ass crouching tiger pose and did the little, "come at me" motion with your hand.
come on, picture it with me here. lol

http://www.lipeiyun.com/images/pose.gif

urban.one
10-24-2007, 10:18 AM
What did you want him to do?

Did you expect him to offer to take you for lunch later that day or maybe pay for a car wash?

Did you really expect any good would come out of you getting out of your car and confronting this guy?

It wouldnt have taken much for one or both of you to end up in the hospital and/or in police custody.

You wish you could have done something to put the guy in his place? What could that have been? A clever insult? A punch?

Lets say the guy got out of his vehicle. If a fight started, chances are youd be the one charge with assault since you stopped your vehicle in front of this guy and approached him. Its not a stretch for this guy to feel threatened and need to defend himself.

Why did you feel you had to stop and confront him? If you would have kept going, 5 minutes later you would have forgot about the guy tailgating you. Instead, now youre spending youre day being angry due to a racial insult.

So I ask him why is that my problem. He says that I don't know how to drive my little Honda, blah, blah, blah and then to top it off he says "you four-eyed gook".

sh0ko
10-24-2007, 10:21 AM
this reminds me of when somefucking pos low life bastard was pulling his eyes back at me in his crappy ass work van......i wont say what happened next =)

JRSC00LUDE
10-24-2007, 10:23 AM
^

My money says that someone slapped him on the back and now his eyes are stuck that way.

sh0ko
10-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by snowboard
you shoulda like turned when he said that, and got in like some lame fake ass crouching tiger pose and did the little, "come at me" motion with your hand.
come on, picture it with me here. lol

http://www.lipeiyun.com/images/pose.gif

Originally posted by lint
"I'm a chink, not a gook. Get it straight, cracka!"

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
^

My money says that someone slapped him on the back and now his eyes are stuck that way.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i didnt know what that guys problem was .. haha he just stared at me started doing the jerk off motion:dunno: and then pulled his eyes back...hahaha!

SilverGS
10-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Good on you for walking away. If it was me I would have said something back to him possibly making it worse.

So sick of people like this. Wrong in so many ways

slowep3
10-24-2007, 10:31 AM
was at west ed one time and we parked in a parkin spot and some old lady with her 4 year old grandson started yelling sayin it was her spot and we ddint know who we were messin with and she was gonna have us 'fucked up' like she was like 70 years old my friend got out of his car and threatend to beat her crippled old ass thats city ppl for u

sh0ko
10-24-2007, 10:31 AM
i never said i walked away! HAha.. i would have driven off but this guy did it for 3 intersections when i was literally just stopped beside him without doing A THING.. and i shit u not.. didnt do A THING.

frozenrice
10-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by urban.one
What did you want him to do?

Did you expect him to offer to take you for lunch later that day or maybe pay for a car wash?

Did you really expect any good would come out of you getting out of your car and confronting this guy?

It wouldnt have taken much for one or both of you to end up in the hospital and/or in police custody.

You wish you could have done something to put the guy in his place? What could that have been? A clever insult? A punch?

Lets say the guy got out of his vehicle. If a fight started, chances are youd be the one charge with assault since you stopped your vehicle in front of this guy and approached him. Its not a stretch for this guy to feel threatened and need to defend himself.

Why did you feel you had to stop and confront him? If you would have kept going, 5 minutes later you would have forgot about the guy tailgating you. Instead, now youre spending youre day being angry due to a racial insult.

You're absolutely right. I shouldn't have done anything - that was my mistake for reacting the way I did. No excuse and for that I deserve what I got. :thumbsup:

Hash_man
10-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Hmmm this guys an idiot he should have gone into the opposing traffic lane and passed you going twice the speed limit of residential roads like some of the morons in my neighbourhood...

Seriously though, there are a lot of retards out there now who drive like morons, and it especially pisses me off when they do it on residential roads. If you see a new altima black with tinted windows and black tsw wheels with polished lip you'll see what I'm talking about.... this guy drives like a damn clown.

thatguyuhate
10-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by slowep3
was at west ed one time and we parked in a parkin spot and some old lady with her 4 year old grandson started yelling sayin it was her spot and we ddint know who we were messin with and she was gonna have us 'fucked up' like she was like 70 years old my friend got out of his car and threatend to beat her crippled old ass thats city ppl for u

this reminds me of the boondocks when huey explains the (sorry if im offending anyone) nigga moment. when granddad parks in old man stinkmeaners parking spot and they get into a fight :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

snowboard
10-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by thatguyuhate

this reminds me of the boondocks when huey explains the (sorry if im offending anyone) nigga moment. when granddad parks in old man stinkmeaners parking spot and they get into a fight :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

thats like the only one i've seen! lol
fuck that was funny.

infected
10-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Should have just laughed it off man. Dealing with people like that just lowers your own status.

HybridTheory
10-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Wow people really need to chill out these days. Seems like a lot of people in the city are in way too much of a hurry to get places.

Shitty start to your monring but good on ya though for walking away.

Tik-Tok
10-24-2007, 11:26 AM

You're absolutely right. I shouldn't have done anything - that was my mistake for reacting the way I did. No excuse and for that I deserve what I got. :thumbsup:

At least you know better.

If similar circumstances happen, and you find yourself outside your car again, I suggest you merely walk to the back of the vehicle, read the license plate loud enough for the a-hole to hear, then smile at him while walking back to your car.

Spoons
10-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Yeah some guy one said to me, "Go back to Russia you commie!" I was wearing my hat with ear flaps that day in the winter (thing is bad ass) but I don't know how that makes me look like I'm Russian... I was born here?!

I was once driving out to Cochrane and there was this big raised dully truck in front of me going kind of slow. I mean he was doing the speed limit but usually I do 10 over. I went to go pass him knowingly I had enough room and the dotted line. This was at night time and there was a car coming, but I had enough room. What I DID NOT know is that the car coming towards us was doing like 200km/h, and I didn't have time. I had to slightly cut the guy off. What does the guy in the truck do? Follows me into Cochrane with his highs on the whole way. After I realize that he is indeed following me around... I pull over. At this point I have already called the cops that I am being followed. The cops asked me for my license plate number (as I told them about the incident on the road, and they said mistakes happen) and the cop on the phone told me that it has been reported and it was probably him but they are sending a RCMP. At this point I am sitting in my car fearing for my life, with my baseball bat in my hand (I was playing ball with some friends earlier). The guy comes up to my window and I only have it open a crack, and the guy starts screaming at me, kicking my car, and saying, "I reported you son of a bitch." Finally I was blurped, "Dude calm down it's ok the cops are on the way!" which he suddenly stopped and said, "What?" I was like, "Yeah dude, I may of cut you off, my bad shit happens, but you really can not follow someone around town, and then yell at me and kick my car." He suddenly ran back to his car and ripped off. It was ok, I got his license plate. Yeah I fucked up big time in that story, but you don't follow someone around for it.

E36M3
10-24-2007, 03:01 PM
"Is that how they drive in Tiananmen square bitch?" is still my favorite.

Originally posted by rage2

picmerollin
10-24-2007, 03:30 PM
i have noticed that drivers are getting alot more inpatient these days and i am wondering what kind of chaos to expect this winter.
luckily i have a winter ride with a big dirty trailer hitch on the back that would leave any douche bag riding my bumper wondering how he is going to get home without a radiator!!

JRSC00LUDE
10-24-2007, 03:33 PM
^

A little off topic, but I think that should be illegal. Those massive hitches sticking off the backs of trucks are dangerous. If you aren't attached to a trailer, it should be removed. Those things cut through vehicles and make damage waaaaaay worse than it would be, regardless of who is at fault.

Trini
10-24-2007, 03:40 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that is a good one

Super_Geo
10-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by urban.one

A well timed 9/11 joke works wonders... you have no idea how worked up some people get over it. It's my favorite response to any type of racial slur.

Spoons
10-24-2007, 04:11 PM
^

A little off topic, but I think that should be illegal. Those massive hitches sticking off the backs of trucks are dangerous. If you aren't attached to a trailer, it should be removed. Those things cut through vehicles and make damage waaaaaay worse than it would be, regardless of who is at fault.

:werd:

LiquidK
10-24-2007, 04:17 PM
thats why i keep a bat in my truck. well, more of a long metal stick.

Mazstyle
10-24-2007, 04:24 PM
^

I'm pretty sure that is illegal, to have a hitch sticking out with nothing on it. Thats why most hitches have quick release pins.

eb0i
10-24-2007, 04:42 PM
When I'm down in SoCal I never road rage against others and I really don't see anyone road rage...probably because all the drivers (including) me are always thinking "he/she probably has a gun in the car". Just this past Christmas I was driving in downtown Oakland and this car totally cut me off and without thinking I laid down the horn. The Black guy wearing his do rag followed me in his 92 buick for a good 20 minutes and giving me the "death stare" every chance he could. I honestly thought I was going to get shot:rofl:

No driver in Calgary has to fear this.

mark4091
10-24-2007, 05:01 PM
My favourite type of road rage is "same destination road rage" or I guess thats what it would be called.

The first time I experienced this I was pulling out of a gas station, stopped by the sidewalk, saw that nobody was there, then went down to get ready to turn, the visibility is real shitty where I was so I looked down the road to see no cars coming, as soon as I go some grampa rips out of a parking lot on the other side of the road and slams an his brakes cause I'm 1/4 way out at that point. I let him go, then I head to wendy's. The whole way there I'm thinking, he cant turn in ect..... then of course he turns in to wendy's making it look like I'm following him.

The second time I was turning left to go to mcdicks and got into the far right lane, when I was about 20 feet away some woman in an SUV of some sort decides at 20 feet it's the right time to turn, the thing is.... it was one of those "let my nerves slip turns" where she only went out a few feet into my lane, so at this point I start going slowly by, then she decides at one foot away to go AGAIN, so she turned into mcdonalds and so did I, she thought I was following her in to get her so the bitch left hahaha

TegLover
10-25-2007, 10:48 PM
some people are just beyond retarded, this morning some fucker in a big SUV decided he could take two lanes up to block traffic, like who does that shit. I wanted to get out and choke that 5 foot tall fool but that would be dropping to his level and at the end of the day it's not worth it with these people, life's too short for that kind of shit. :devil:

TomcoPDR
10-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by eb0i
When I'm down in SoCal I never road rage against others and I really don't see anyone road rage...probably because all the drivers (including) me are always thinking "he/she probably has a gun in the car". Just this past Christmas I was driving in downtown Oakland and this car totally cut me off and without thinking I laid down the horn. The Black guy wearing his do rag followed me in his 92 buick for a good 20 minutes and giving me the "death stare" every chance he could. I honestly thought I was going to get shot:rofl:

No driver in Calgary has to fear this.

Actually, if every Calgary driver "feared this" (guns, getting shot, people going postal)... then there wouldn't be as many unnecessary tough guys/girls. Just the real gangsters and thugs.

Fear is what sets order in society/place. (i.e. you FEAR of losing your job, so you do everything proper; you FEAR you'll lose your gf so you don't go around bonking other chicks, etc...)

jsn
10-26-2007, 12:44 AM
Yea somethings you just gotta let go. I was driving home and hit a playground zone, so obviously i slowed down to 30. This was right about the time that kids get off school and I was driving by an elementary school. Some dick in a minivan behind me thought this was too slow, so he decides to speed up and pass me on a one lane road in a playground zone. What was even worse, was that 20-30 meters later, he pulls into his driveway. Couldn't wait 5 extra seconds to get home :banghead:. I was pretty pissed about this but what are you going to do...Some drivers are just idiots. Not much you can do about that.

Supa Dexta
10-26-2007, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
you FEAR you'll lose your gf so you don't go around bonking other chicks, etc...)

man this threads got it all, all sorts of racist jokes, girl bonking.. I'm laughing my ass off..

98brg2d
10-26-2007, 11:40 AM
I got cut-off super bad on Deerfoot the other day by the guy that lives at the t-intersection at the end of my street! He drives a lowered white integra with white wheels. I have seriously thought about doing something to his car. The best part is I have no apparent motive (until I wrote this post) and I would be there and back without a trace in like 5 seconds.

urban.one
10-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Dont do it. Its cowardly.

If you want to teach him a lesson. Ring his door bell. Punch him in the face in front of his family and tell him not to cut people off again. That might change his behaviour.

Key his car and karma will come back to you.

Originally posted by 98brg2d
I got cut-off super bad on Deerfoot the other day by the guy that lives at the t-intersection at the end of my street! He drives a lowered white integra with white wheels. I have seriously thought about doing something to his car. The best part is I have no apparent motive (until I wrote this post) and I would be there and back without a trace in like 5 seconds.

Supa Dexta
10-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Me and a buddy were in bankers hall parkade last yr, and I had noticed this volvo on other occasions always parking in front of the elevators, taking 2 spots.. So when we walked by it that day I seen a HUGE key mark down the side of it, and was standing there pointing at it waiting for my buddy to catch up to me (just a few steps back) and a security guard came along.. ha.. I thought I was gong to get in shit, but he knew it wasn't us...

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Had a huge SUV flash high beams at me going down John Laurier by Edgemont. I was just pulling away from the light, and in the right lane. So she tailgates me until she can get out from behind me. Then takes off.. Finally turns off on 14th... I understand being impatient, or not wanting to be behind people... but as a lowered compact hatchback, the last thing I need is some SUV w/ it's highbeams on right behind me. I was ready to slam on the brakes, but I value my car more than payback, I was going to call in her license plate, but decided it'd be better to drop it.

SilverGS
10-29-2007, 05:01 PM
The tough part though is we all let shit like this go and it just gets worse and worse because a lot of people seem to think they can get away with being asshats.

I realize its not usually worth the trouble but people like that need to be reminded not to be a total dick sometimes

narou
11-09-2007, 12:02 PM

I thought it was directed towards Vietnamese?

sxtasy
11-09-2007, 12:37 PM
best way to deal with tailgaters is buy a diesel and a programmer. Lugging the engine leaves a smoke screen so thick they have to slow down just to see the road.
:flamesuiton:

Jason Lange
11-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
best way to deal with tailgaters is buy a diesel and a programmer. Lugging the engine leaves a smoke screen so thick they have to slow down just to see the road.
:flamesuiton:

Exactly...

Vagabond142
11-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Worst I've ever had was driving down 16th just before Deerfoot. A white panel van in the inside lane decides that he really wants to be in the right hand outside lane. So, he puts the pedal to the floor and without signalling swerves over two lanes in the most aggressive lane change I have ever seen. So, he cuts off a really tastefully done gen 5 Prelude in the process, and I hear the guy in the Lude downshift and tear off after him. He goes around the guy, puts on his hazards and brakes HARD in front of him. They both stop, the guy in the lude fairly leaps out of his car and proceeds to JUMP ON THE HOOD of the van and scream about a 10 minute long string of obscenities whilst punching the windscreen none too gently. I just drove by very carefully and gave the guy a silent thanks for having the balls to leap on a running vehicle and give the van driver the what-for :D

Azn_2nr
12-03-2007, 07:33 PM
some of u guys have the hole gook term wrong, in viet it means shit