PDA

View Full Version : road rage 2 - the middle finger

240SX92
10-24-2007, 11:47 AM
so how many people have been given the middle finger over nothing? I find it so incredibly funny, yet annoying at the same time, when idiots who don't know how to drive give you the finger.

First time I got the finger, I was driving, and some idiot had bad judgement while I was coming up to a t intersection so I have to slam on the brakes as he slowly creeps out in his big ass truck, and I lay on the horn as I almost t-bone him, and he gives ME the finger? I laughed so hard at first because he had no right to be angry off his own stupid judgement, but then later just got annoyed for how stupid some people are.

Second point, my turn to swap positions with the poor judgement, but I realized it, and while a sentra was coming past at a T intersection, clearly speeding at least 20-30 over in residential (so my judgement wouldn't have been that bad had she been going the speed limit) so I start to make my turn, and realize this girl is speeding so I slam on the gas and peel out of my turn, so the girl does not have to slow down, does not have to brake, does not have to swerve, does not have to go out of her way to do anything corrective, yet as I pass her she gives me the finger and is clearly yelling some useless PMS garbage at me as I again laugh, later to be annoyed.

ahahha anyone have any ridiculous people giving you the middle finger because they're exterior anger problems are brought onto the road?

Inzane
10-24-2007, 11:49 AM
All the time, man.. All the time. In fact I probably see it worse here in Edmonton than you would down in cowtown.

PINOY-X
10-24-2007, 12:00 PM
omg !! not the middle finger! :zzz: :zzz:

gp36912
10-24-2007, 12:01 PM
^^^^ yup i was up at edmonton one time and i was driving on whitemud, near the fox drive area. and some old lady figures and honks at me cuz she cut me off while going 50 so i switched lanes and passed her. ahhahahahaha that was too funny. btw i was going speed limit since there was a cop car behind me :P

rc2002
10-24-2007, 12:01 PM
I find that anytime a horn is involved, there's usually a middle finger as well.

I notice that females give the finger a lot more often than males too.

euro tang
10-24-2007, 12:04 PM
How about this... I was driving southbound on 9 Street which is a one way street and some asshole is coming right at me going in the wrong direction. I stopped in the middle of the road and honked at his stupid ass so he fingered me and kept driving right past me. I saw him turn into an alley behind me so I figured he was just taking a short cut but still. :rolleyes:

DragZilla
10-24-2007, 12:06 PM
One time I had some old lady try to get into my lane when I was beside her, I honked and she started yelling at me, and then flipped me the bird... then followed me... When I stopped at a red light she was behind me... and it lookied like she took down my plate number then she started waving good bye to me as I looked at her through my drivers mirror... she was a creep!

HybridTheory
10-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Happens all the time here but I would have to agree that I've seen it more when I've gone up to Edmonton

E46..sTyLez
10-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I find that anytime a horn is involved, there's usually a middle finger as well.

Bingo, its a reflex!! Someone honking at you after the foul was commited is like saying "way to go retard" or "Hurry the fuck up you idiot!"

Now, if someone said that to me...im not gonna say "oops, sorry"
it'll be more like "fuck you too"

The horn should only be used as a warning that your there, and a way of avoiding an accident, but after the possiblity of a collision is over...the horn is just an angry reflex. Which usually receives an angry retort...

alloroc
10-24-2007, 12:58 PM
You do realize the person on the right always has the right of way in an uncontrolled T intersection do you?

|
|
|
|--Y----------------
|
|
X < You must yeild to Y even if Y is turning left (bad judgement or not)

Originally posted by 240SX92
so how many people have been given the middle finger over nothing? I find it so incredibly funny, yet annoying at the same time, when idiots who don't know how to drive give you the finger.

First time I got the finger, I was driving, and some idiot had bad judgement while I was coming up to a t intersection so I have to slam on the brakes as he slowly creeps out in his big ass truck, and I lay on the horn as I almost t-bone him, and he gives ME the finger? I laughed so hard at first because he had no right to be angry off his own stupid judgement, but then later just got annoyed for how stupid some people are.

Second point, my turn to swap positions with the poor judgement, but I realized it, and while a sentra was coming past at a T intersection, clearly speeding at least 20-30 over in residential (so my judgement wouldn't have been that bad had she been going the speed limit) so I start to make my turn, and realize this girl is speeding so I slam on the gas and peel out of my turn, so the girl does not have to slow down, does not have to brake, does not have to swerve, does not have to go out of her way to do anything corrective, yet as I pass her she gives me the finger and is clearly yelling some useless PMS garbage at me as I again laugh, later to be annoyed.

ahahha anyone have any ridiculous people giving you the middle finger because they're exterior anger problems are brought onto the road?

Spoons
10-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by alloroc
You do realize the person on the right always has the right of way in an uncontrolled T intersection do you?

|
|
|
|--Y----------------
|
|
X &lt; You must yeild to Y even if Y is turning left (bad judgement or not)

Yep truck on the RIGHT of way was not wrong. You deserved the finger unless he had a stop sign, which is sounds like he didn't.

Best finger I had was some kid got his binder thrown out into the middle of the parking lot when I was coming out. I didn't notice the binder and kept driving. I finally noticed it a few feet away and stopped. This kid comes running up, flips me the finger and starts yelling, "You fucking piece of shit don't run over my binder, fuck you!" Well then if you are going to be like that even though I was clearly stopped for him to grab it, you could imagine what I did...

I ran over the binder.

97'Scort
10-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
I ran over the binder.

That made my day :thumbsup:

JRSC00LUDE
10-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Maybe you wouldn't get the finger if you didn't all drive like a bunch of four-eyed gooks......

AE92_TreunoSC
10-24-2007, 03:28 PM
I earn every finger I get.

sputnik
10-24-2007, 03:33 PM
am i the only one that intially read... "rage2 - middle finger"

for a minute there i thought someone was going to get banned

TegLover
10-24-2007, 03:35 PM
one time i was signaling to change lanes and i thought the guy was going to let me in so as i was about to cut over he speeds up. I was like wtf, he pissed me off pretty bad so i pulled up beside him and flipped him the bird, he had no idea why i was flipping him off. :rolleyes:

240SX92
10-24-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm not retarded, I know exactly how right of way works, and he did have a stop sign, sorry for not origionally clarifying.

The road I was on was a bigger 2 lane road, his was coming out of a residential road (with a stop sign).

alloroc
10-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by 240SX92
I'm not retarded, I know exactly how right of way works, and he did have a stop sign, sorry for not origionally clarifying.

The road I was on was a bigger 2 lane road, his was coming out of a residential road (with a stop sign).

Cool - just asking.

infamous
10-24-2007, 04:05 PM
lol...it's like the people who stop on the side of 36 st ne to let people out for the train....pull off of the major roadway, and don't sit there after you have let the person out of the vehicle and chat for two minutes with the window open, blocking all of traffic. that's my pet peeve of today! :banghead:

Kona9
10-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Sitting at the lights on the off ramp of Crowchild Southbound (the left that gets you into Marda Loop 33rd)

The light turns green and zero response from the driver in front of me. I honk my horn (not a long drawn out honk) I see what I figured was an old man throwin up the bird in his car. He starts going and I finger him back before his hand lowered.

Well I have not shit my pants since I was a toddler, but holy christ!!! The "old man" was no where fucking near an old man. He throws his car in park right in the middle of the bridge (overpass) nobody can go anywhere. He gets out and is it not the largest, most roided out, no neck, snapshow I have ever seen!!!

The bastard starts walking towards my car. Not only am I extremely embarassed by what I think is about to be the end of my life, but (refer to shit pants comment)

I thought if I was going to die right there infront of all those soccer moms and common rush hour, that I was going to go down like a man. (Be a men...doooo tha right thing) I got out and faced the beast.

I stated my case and all he had to say after cocking his meaty bone syringe built fist at me was "I bet you'll think twice before fingering me again won't you."

I was expecting lights out, but the fuckin' Ogre waddled back to his old guy car and drove off.

I felt good for not dying!

HybridTheory
10-24-2007, 04:28 PM
^^^ lol shit man. Good thing you didn't get a beatdown Shrek style

nj2Type-S
10-24-2007, 04:29 PM
^lol, what was he driving?

SilverGS
10-24-2007, 04:30 PM
So far my worst experiences have been in Vancouver with small irate asian girls who aren't tall enough to see over the steering wheel. All you see is this fist come up and flip you off

eb0i
10-24-2007, 04:34 PM
The best is when they give you the double finger while looking in their rear view and then lose control of their vehicle because they did it in the middle of a turn and then end up in the grassy side of the shoulder on deerfoot :rofl: (him and his truck were fine....his ego wasn't)

Why did he give the double finger? Because I was doing the speed limit on Bow Bottom Trail to Deerfoot North junction and apparently he was in a big hurry haha.

Mazstyle
10-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey I got a question, I pulled up to a stop sign and the person across was stopped before me and turning left. So I stop and wait. My wife yells at me and says it my turn because that person is turning. Therfore I have the right of way even when they were stopped well before me?

signature7
10-24-2007, 04:55 PM
if it was a intersection where you and the driving who was turning each had a stop sign and he was there before you, than he has the right of way over you.

Mazstyle
10-24-2007, 05:02 PM
^ thats what I've always thought, but sometimes people turning left seem to sit there like they're waiting (or just dumb) for me to go thru when they have clearly stopped before me and should have the ROW.

signature7
10-24-2007, 05:15 PM
yeah a lot of people are used to that rule, i dont know why, but it's very common, so be careful when you're the one turning left, because other drivers might think they get to go through.

TegLover
10-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Mazstyle
^ thats what I've always thought, but sometimes people turning left seem to sit there like they're waiting (or just dumb) for me to go thru when they have clearly stopped before me and should have the ROW.

some people aren't even aware of that rule and how it works but...

I remember one time when i was stopped at a stop sign and a car across from me was also stopped at a stop sign, he stopped like half a second before me but it didn't really matter because he was turning right and i was making a left (into the same road). Well i started making my left turn right after he started going, we were both closing in and i knew he stopped first so i wasn't about to cut him off or anything, he had a lot of room and i didn't want to get caught and have to yield again to the next batch of cars, but that wasn't what he was thinking. This douche bag gets all pissy and says he will report me and how it's so awesome to have friends who are cops LOL, like fuck you buddy don't talk shit and peel off when i stepped out of my car, where's your cops now? :rolleyes:

signature7
10-24-2007, 10:56 PM
^^ carry a camera, youtube moments make people famous

cloud7
10-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by signature7
if it was a intersection where you and the driving who was turning each had a stop sign and he was there before you, than he has the right of way over you.

nope, "the who gets there first get to go first" rule is only valid at all-way stop intersections. If both vehicles have completed their stops, the vehicle going thru always has the right of way. If you turn in front of him and gets into a crash, guess who will be at fault? It ain't gonna be the one going straight through.

Moonracer
10-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by cloud7

nope, &quot;the who gets there first get to go first&quot; rule is only valid at all-way stop intersections. If both vehicles have completed their stops, the vehicle going thru always has the right of way. If you turn in front of him and gets into a crash, guess who will be at fault? It ain't gonna be the one going straight through.

Wow cudos to you for being the only one that knows how this situation works. The only way the person turning left can go first is if the person going straight has yet to stop.

JordanEG6
10-25-2007, 01:34 PM

That's because they have the mentality like "what the fuck is he gunna do about it?" as opposed to a male like "hmm..he might do something about it" hahaha

ive gotten a finger from stupid motherfuckers on Barlow trail coming in south from 16th AVE. it's a fucking yeild yet they treat it like a merge. I honk at them for cutting me right off when they are supposed to stop and LOOK and they finger ME.

Spoons
10-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

That's because they have the mentality like &quot;what the fuck is he gunna do about it?&quot; as opposed to a male like &quot;hmm..he might do something about it&quot; hahaha

ive gotten a finger from stupid motherfuckers on Barlow trail coming in south from 16th AVE. it's a fucking yeild yet they treat it like a merge. I honk at them for cutting me right off when they are supposed to stop and LOOK and they finger ME.

I don't know I think laying on the horn or anything is just a showing of your own stupidity. I mean if someone pulls something dumb or something, I just give them a quick burp of the horn. Everyone makes mistakes. I was driving with a buddy and I accidentally went out of turn at a stop sign. I had a few people just a quick honk, I waved and yelled sorry out of my window, but some guy in a truck just went off. I mean he probably makes mistakes too.

403Gemini
10-25-2007, 04:08 PM

males generally give a fist shake lol

JordanEG6
10-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

I don't know I think laying on the horn or anything is just a showing of your own stupidity. I mean if someone pulls something dumb or something, I just give them a quick burp of the horn. Everyone makes mistakes. I was driving with a buddy and I accidentally went out of turn at a stop sign. I had a few people just a quick honk, I waved and yelled sorry out of my window, but some guy in a truck just went off. I mean he probably makes mistakes too.

uummm...i didnt say i was blasting the shit out of my horn :rolleyes:. But I honked, yes. and yeah i make mistakes too, who doesnt, i shake it off if some one honks at me, i dont finger them knowing its blantly my fault.

and this happens all the time, people ignore the giant red triangle sign or they're just trying to speed up and beat traffic without stopping.

Spoons
10-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

uummm...i didnt say i was blasting the shit out of my horn :rolleyes:. But I honked, yes. and yeah i make mistakes too, who doesnt, i shake it off if some one honks at me, i dont finger them knowing its blantly my fault.

and this happens all the time, people ignore the giant red triangle sign or they're just trying to speed up and beat traffic without stopping.

LOL sorry I quoted the wrong one, I didn't mean any of that towards you, or really anyone. Come to think of it I don't know who I wanted to quote? :dunno:

ZyaL8R
10-26-2007, 12:35 PM
If it's a chick I do this back: :poosie:

PeterGTiR
10-26-2007, 12:48 PM
At the uncontrolled T-intersection, the car going straight doesn't have to yield - it's up to the car that is crossing the other car's line of traffic...

The thread starter was right in this case...

Antonito
10-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by ZyaL8R

Even if she doesn't do anything wrong :bigpimp:

clem24
10-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by PeterGTiR
At the uncontrolled T-intersection, the car going straight doesn't have to yield - it's up to the car that is crossing the other car's line of traffic...

The thread starter was right in this case...

Reading > you... And apparently driving > you.

Vehicle on the right always has right of way in an uncontrolled situation, regardless of whether it's a T or whatever. Might not make sense but that's the rule of the road. You deserve the finger as well.

khtm
10-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by signature7
WTF? No way, the person going straight always has the right of way over someone turning left. It doesn't matter who arrived there first. You're not at a 4-way stop!

Holy FUCK I can't believe you guys think you know how to drive and spout this bullshit.

qrankz
10-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by ZyaL8R

Haha..did that once on my way to work. Downtown. Funny

ZyaL8R
10-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Antonito

Even if she doesn't do anything wrong :bigpimp:

Haha of course, it makes getting stuck in downtown traffic a lot more interesting :D

TorqueDog
10-31-2007, 09:24 AM
I got the middle finger because I had to slam on my brakes not to hit a guy who just randomly decided to change into my lane. No signal, no warning, and I was already moving forward.

I slam on my brakes, and hit the horn. He sticks his finger out the window, then proceeds to finish moving into my lane, then holds his finger up inside the car for about two minutes. I give him a quick military salute and laugh.

Light turns green, and we start moving, and finally get to the intersection and make our left hand turns. He's going to the 14th St N exit, and so am I. Never has 400 horsepower made so much sense than when I stuck my foot to the carpet, and my rather non-descript BMW sedan blew his doors off and overtook him.

Was it mature of me? Not really. Safe? I accelerated like a bat out of hell, probably not. I'd wager it was illegal, even.

...Did it make me feel better? Oh hell yes. :devil:

Originally posted by khtm
WTF? No way, the person going straight always has the right of way over someone turning left. It doesn't matter who arrived there first. You're not at a 4-way stop!

Holy FUCK I can't believe you guys think you know how to drive and spout this bullshit. Actually, the situation he described stated that both drivers had a stop sign. The driver who arrives first gets to go first. Simple.

If you both arrive at the same time, the driver to the right of you has the right of way, regardless of whether he turns or goes straight.

If the driver is directly across from you, the driver going straight has the right of way, assuming you reach the intersection at the same time.

reno97637
10-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Here's my story:

Back when McKnight and 36 St. was going through some changes, to get unto Westbound McKnight, there was a turning lane from 36 St. I was sitting in the lane next to the turning lane and the light turns green. I start rolling up to 50 kms and the guy in the turning lane speeds up and cuts me BARELY touching my car. I honk to let that guy know he can't do that. So what does he do? He throws the finger at me! I brush it off, take the next lane, and mind my own business.

Next thing you know, the dude slows down, switches into my lane, and starts tailing me. I then start cruising at speed limit (50 km because of the construction) and he goes back into the far left lane, starts throwing the finger and honking like crazy. I'm just laughing because this guy is seriously stupid.

The lights up ahead at 36 St. and 64th are usually red. So I go into the far right lane to exit unto 64th. Guess what, the turd decides to cut everybody off to get into the far right lane and starts tailing me again!

I go into the right lane and he switches over to the left lane. We stop at the intersection of 64th and Castleridge Blvd. He rolls down his window and starts barking. I roll my window down and I just smile and nod to whatever crap was coming outta his mouth. So the light turns green and he cuts off the person in the left lane to turn left. What a douche!

Mr_ET
10-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
I got the middle finger because I had to slam on my brakes not to hit a guy who just randomly decided to change into my lane. No signal, no warning, and I was already moving forward.

I slam on my brakes, and hit the horn. He sticks his finger out the window, then proceeds to finish moving into my lane, then holds his finger up inside the car for about two minutes. I give him a quick military salute and laugh.

Light turns green, and we start moving, and finally get to the intersection and make our left hand turns. He's going to the 14th St N exit, and so am I. Never has 400 horsepower made so much sense than when I stuck my foot to the carpet, and my rather non-descript BMW sedan blew his doors off and overtook him.

Was it mature of me? Not really. Safe? I accelerated like a bat out of hell, probably not. I'd wager it was illegal, even.

...Did it make me feel better? Oh hell yes. :devil:

Actually, the situation he described stated that both drivers had a stop sign. The driver who arrives first gets to go first. Simple.

If you both arrive at the same time, the driver to the right of you has the right of way, regardless of whether he turns or goes straight.

If the driver is directly across from you, the driver going straight has the right of way, assuming you reach the intersection at the same time.

Are you sure about the: If you both arrive at the same time, the driver to the right of you has the right of way, regardless of whether he turns or goes straight.

Maybe it's different in eastern Canada but when arriving at a stop sign at the same time as another person whoever goes straight has priority on people turning and if all go straight the driver to your right has the right of way.

Usually people turning NEVER have priority over people going straight unless they got to the stop fisrt.

Perhaps that is why a 4 way stop is such a nightmare in this city and everyone forgets what to do and drives like a retard...

khtm
10-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Actually, the situation he described stated that both drivers had a stop sign. The driver who arrives first gets to go first. Simple.

Actually, you're completely wrong. "Arriving first" only applies to 4-way stops. "Person on the right going first" only applies to 4-way stops and uncontrolled intersections, but definitely does not apply to when a small street intersects a major street and both sides of the small street have stop signs. In this case, the person going straight ALWAYS has priority over a person making a left.

To add to the comment directly above, it doesn't even matter the TIMING of who arrives first. If I arrive first and I'm making a left hand turn, the person across the street from me who arrives after me yet is going straight has the right of way.

http://www.drivingschool.ca/drivereducation/page3.html

At any intersection where you want to turn left or right, you must yield the right-of-way. If you are turning left, you must wait for approaching traffic to pass or turn and for pedestrians in your path to cross. If you are turning right, you must wait for pedestrians to cross if they are in your path (Diagram 2-13).
Fuck I can't believe something so important as far as actually knowing how to drive has so many people confused. :thumbsdow

urban.one
10-31-2007, 12:03 PM
At an intersection controlled by a 4-way stop, the driver who arrives first has priority regardless if he is turning left or going straight.

Intersections where stop signs are located at all four corners (four-way stops) are often referred to as "courtesy corners." Vehicles approaching from all directions are required to come to a full stop. All drivers must exercise courtesy and care. Normal courtesy is to allow the vehicle that arrived first to proceed first. If two vehicles arrive at the same time, courtesy again allows the vehicle on the right to proceed first. You must not proceed unless you can do so safely.

http://www.infratrans.gov.ab.ca/INFTRA_Content/docType45/Production/dhpage71.htm

This thread is great. It shows how some people are convinced they know the rules and common conventions of the road yet they are wrong. (Im not pointing fingers at anyone but ignorance does get displayed in this and other threads.) Thats why you get raod rage. You have a driver minding his own business following the rules of the road; then you get a hot-head who thinks he knows the rules but is clueless and gets angry at everyone else.

Originally posted by Mr_ET

Are you sure about the: If you both arrive at the same time, the driver to the right of you has the right of way, regardless of whether he turns or goes straight.

Maybe it's different in eastern Canada but when arriving at a stop sign at the same time as another person whoever goes straight has priority on people turning and if all go straight the driver to your right has the right of way.

Usually people turning NEVER have priority over people going straight unless they got to the stop fisrt.

Perhaps that is why a 4 way stop is such a nightmare in this city and everyone forgets what to do and drives like a retard...

TorqueDog
10-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by khtm
Actually, you're completely wrong. &quot;Arriving first&quot; only applies to 4-way stops. &quot;Person on the right going first&quot; only applies to 4-way stops and uncontrolled intersections, but definitely does not apply to when a small street intersects a major street and both sides of the small street have stop signs. In this case, the person going straight ALWAYS has priority over a person making a left.

To add to the comment directly above, it doesn't even matter the TIMING of who arrives first. If I arrive first and I'm making a left hand turn, the person across the street from me who arrives after me yet is going straight has the right of way.

http://www.drivingschool.ca/drivereducation/page3.html

Fuck I can't believe something so important as far as actually knowing how to drive has so many people confused. :thumbsdow I have a feeling we're not even talking about the same thing. I'm talking about four way stops because the context of the user I quoted suggested he was referring to such an intersection. Sorry if you misunderstood.

I'll clarify my position: Read what the guy posted, he said at an intersection, which in the context I got out of it suggests that each driver from each direction had a stop sign. And in my post, the scenario I described couldn't possibly talk about anything other than an intersection with stop signs at all points. Since when do you go to a stop sign coming up to a major road, and the guy on the major road, without a stop sign, stops and lets you go first? You can't talk about the 'driver to the right of you' stopping if he doesn't have a stop sign.

I am actually correct, but only if the person reading my post realizes what type of intersection I'm referring to. :P

EDIT: Reading the post that signature7 replied to, I think he may have misunderstood the scenario described by who he was replying to.

khtm
11-01-2007, 06:43 AM
^ Yes, I was replying to signature 7 and you were replying to me...sounds like we all just misunderstood each other. If you look at signature7's post on page 1 you'll see that him and the SMRT people who reply to him are not referring to a 4-way stop.