PDA

View Full Version : email notifications not working?

frozenrice
10-24-2007, 03:16 PM
I haven't been getting any email notifications since yesterday. I thought I might have accidently unsuscribed, so I went and clicked on the subscribe button on a few threads as well as checked my control panel. Still nothing.

snowboard
10-24-2007, 03:18 PM
god
i love how it isnt working lol

Team_Mclaren
10-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
god
i love how it isnt working lol

ar... you can turn it off

snowboard
10-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

ar... you can turn it off

ahaha what!
i've looked so many times. im going to look again now.

edit: nope you lied, lol. if your subscribed there is no choice, only "general email notification" or whatever, when you write in a thread you recieve an email, unless you turn that off haha..

rage2
10-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Fixed. The server's fairly backlogged today and the queue got stuck.

frozenrice
10-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Fixed. The server's fairly backlogged today and the queue got stuck.

Thanks. I know it's annoying for some people, but I find it helpful for marketplace threads.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-28-2007, 02:52 AM
Is there any way to turn off email notification for subscribed threads? Or is it mandatory?

frozenrice
10-28-2007, 09:58 AM
When you hit the reply button, there is a check box at the bottom below where you entered your response.
If you've been involved in a thread that you're no longer interested in, when you get a notification there is a link you can click on to unsuscribe to just that thread.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-28-2007, 01:13 PM
I don't automatically subscribe to threads I've replied in. I subscribe afterwards using the link below. If I use your method, will that disable email notification, but still keep me subscribed?

frozenrice
10-28-2007, 03:29 PM
In short to your question, I don't think so.
But, maybe I got it wrong. I assume that notifications and subscriptions go hand-in-hand. If you're subscribed, you get notifications. When you un-subscribe you don't. :dunno:

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Damn... Haha all the email notifications manage to do is fill my school inbox. I just check my user cp.