View Full Version : FS: 97 jetta gt

sc_MR2
10-24-2007, 06:01 PM
volskwagen jetta gt
blue
5 speed
82XXX
N.E.
Selling this car for a parts car or a project.

Alright so I bought this car a couple months back and have been driving it ever since. I went and got it looked at by a mechanic and it is in rough shape. the engine is still running strong but has alot of other problems. I have a full inspection sheet available on request. Please PM with any questions and I will have pics up later.

asking $1500 obo for a good engine with low KM's and a car that just needs some love.

euro_racer
10-24-2007, 06:10 PM
more info on what is wrong please?

any pics?

im deffinately interested depending on damage

Sharpie
10-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
more info on what is wrong please?

any pics?

im deffinately interested depending on damage
:werd:
I would like to know also

sc_MR2
10-25-2007, 06:06 PM
well the mechanic beleives it was an east coast car, theres quite a bit of rust but bassically none on the body. The shocks are rusted pretty bad, the floor is rusted underneath and will have to be replaced. It has a blown head gasket. it willl need new pads and rotors as the breaks on there now are bassically metal on metal. The wheel bearings are shot in the front end on both wheels. The transmission will need to be taken out and re-sealed as it has a pretty bad leak (or just put a new transmission in).

now the good:
The engine is still running strong with only 82xxx km's, the body is in good condition other than a spot of rust over the driver side 1/4 panel. It has new tires with over 90% left on stock rims.

Soren1989
11-06-2007, 05:22 PM
would i be able to buy the front end for a swap