PDA

View Full Version : tattoo parlors

bol
07-12-2003, 12:48 AM
so for those of you all inked up, what are some of the good places to get one done here?

jdmakkord
07-12-2003, 01:00 AM
living colors, smiling buddha, fine line

I got 2 of mine at living colors and casey is awesome! A bit on the pricey side, but quality and years of experience. Stay away from unlimited ink, H.A shop and shady as hell. Did my last two, but I wont be going back any time soon!

ramminghard
07-12-2003, 01:00 AM
smiling buddah
iron will

I am getting one at iron will soon

Kinger
07-12-2003, 01:13 AM
Whats the wait on getting a tattoo done.

jdmakkord
07-12-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Bradlini
Whats the wait on getting a tattoo done.

Once its picked out, maybe a day or two, depending on how busy the shop is and how much work the ink is.

bol
07-12-2003, 01:35 AM
sweeet... thanks guys

Ben
07-12-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
living colors, smiling buddha

Yes, Very good quality and rather fast.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
07-12-2003, 02:07 AM
i would recomend Bushido
very good work very good quality

Firecracker
07-12-2003, 09:13 AM
dont go to fine line, i got mine there, it's like not even an inch square and it was over $70. i was at SOS later and the guy said i totally got taken :thumbsdow

Ben
07-12-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Firecracker
dont go to fine line, i got mine there, it's like not even an inch square and it was over $70. i was at SOS later and the guy said i totally got taken :thumbsdow

Not their fault you were dumb, lol

TalonVelocity
07-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Ben u should get big bumpers :P

James
07-12-2003, 03:05 PM
I got mine done at symbols of Strength, did a good job, just kinda pricey.....i put down a deposit on my next Tattoo yesterday actually at "Bushido"....a friend has had some ink done there, and its top notch and very good prices. :thumbsup:

Ben
07-12-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by TalonVelocity
Ben u should get big bumpers :P

Why?

YCB
07-12-2003, 06:52 PM
Bushido is good!.. smiling buddha has kinda long wait list!

itsnotaDUB
07-12-2003, 09:07 PM
i got mine at fineline and they did increadable work a full tiger on my upper arm took four hours and i was charged 300 , that is a really good price and it has awesome detail

dj_honda
07-12-2003, 11:11 PM
i heard bushido is good from my buddy who got one.....i plan on getting one there next spring.

ecstasyracer
07-13-2003, 07:36 PM
I got mine done at body inc and was happy with how it turned out.

12V
07-13-2003, 07:53 PM
I've had four done at Bushido, They seem pretty good, I'm happy with their work.

teg_star
07-13-2003, 08:08 PM
ya same here!!....bushido is REAL GOOD!!...i just had one done 2months ago....very detailed i might add!!

04blackMAX
07-13-2003, 08:17 PM
i actually got my past 2 at JOKER, there clean, and the guys there were pretty cool, iam going back for 2 more next week

van
07-13-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR
i actually got my past 2 at JOKER, there clean, and the guys there were pretty cool, iam going back for 2 more next week

yup good guys there... good prices... mostof my friends got theirs done there.. and ill be there soon enough too.. haha

04blackMAX
07-13-2003, 08:30 PM
yeah there prices are wicked, and they have a lifetime garentee on touchups and shit, not that mine needed any, but everyone heals different

B17a
07-14-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by James
I got mine done at symbols of Strength, did a good job, just kinda pricey.....

Me too, I think the guy's name was Scott. He was cool!

RiCE-DaDDy
07-14-2003, 06:30 PM
smiling buddha is the most popular but obviously not the best.

yes, bushido, very clean since they moved to the new place.

civic_rida
08-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Jordan when r u goin i wanna get one done on my tricep.

CRX crazy
08-17-2003, 02:36 PM
fine line did a super good job on mine, and it wasn't that expensive. If your going for price ask around, if your going for quality then who cares about the cost right. JMO

BebeAphrodite
08-17-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Firecracker
I was at SOS and asked about a tattoo price and paid for it.. it was less than a square inch and it was $105. But then again it was the owner who gave me that price and I was expecting it to be overpriced since he has pretty good reviews.

Originally posted by YCB
smiling buddha has kinda long wait list!

Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
smiling buddha is the most popular but obviously not the best.

I don't remember where I read it but one of the tattoo artists at Smiling Buddha was ranked the best tattoo artist in Canada. So it would make sense that they have a long waiting list. I'm not sure which artist was ranked the best tho.. I just know it was an artist from Smiling Buddha.

Originally posted by 04blackMAX
ha ha ha, Joker is a joke. I've never seen another tattoo parlor that was so unprofessional. And the care instructions that they give after they do the tattoo - ha ha ha - what a joke! My friend got a partialy 'blurry' tattoo from Joker. Basically when you do a tattoo you can't go below a certain level of the dermis (definitely can't go into the fat layers). When it goes into the fat layers the tattoo will 'bleed' And that's what happened to my friend. Two people I know who were there also got scarred. You can feel the tattoo by tracing your finger over it - long after it healed. That's not supposed to happen.

Originally posted by CRX crazy
If your going for price ask around, if your going for quality then who cares about the cost right. JMO
I completely agree.. remember that this will be on your body for the rest of your life.

04blackMAX
08-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

I was at SOS and asked about a tattoo price and paid for it.. it was less than a square inch and it was $105. But then again it was the owner who gave me that price and I was expecting it to be overpriced since he has pretty good reviews.

I don't remember where I read it but one of the tattoo artists at Smiling Buddha was ranked the best tattoo artist in Canada. So it would make sense that they have a long waiting list. I'm not sure which artist was ranked the best tho.. I just know it was an artist from Smiling Buddha.

ha ha ha, Joker is a joke. I've never seen another tattoo parlor that was so unprofessional. And the care instructions that they give after they do the tattoo - ha ha ha - what a joke! My friend got a partialy 'blurry' tattoo from Joker. Basically when you do a tattoo you can't go below a certain level of the dermis (definitely can't go into the fat layers). When it goes into the fat layers the tattoo will 'bleed' And that's what happened to my friend. Two people I know who were there also got scarred. You can feel the tattoo by tracing your finger over it - long after it healed. That's not supposed to happen.

I completely agree.. remember that this will be on your body for the rest of your life.

thats funny, coming from you, iam sure your a professional on the art of tattoos, since you have 1 tattoo which is a square inch....anyways, like i said i got 2 from joker like 3 months ago, and which made it 6 and 7, iam going back for 2 more this week...and just so you know, the 7 tattoos i have will puff a bit depending on weather, and the past 5 i got done at one of the best places in canada (waycool tattoos), do some reasearch on tattoos before you think your a professional!!!

BebeAphrodite
08-17-2003, 10:55 PM

thats funny, coming from you, iam sure your a professional on the art of tattoos, since you have 1 tattoo which is a square inch....anyways, like i said i got 2 from joker like 3 months ago, and which made it 6 and 7, iam going back for 2 more this week...and just so you know, the 7 tattoos i have will puff a bit depending on weather, and the past 5 i got done at one of the best places in canada (waycool tattoos), do some reasearch on tattoos before you think your a professional!!!

I have no tattoos. I realised what a mistake it would have been before it was too late. I only mentioned the price of the small tattoo I was thinking of getting and paid for. As for the 'professional', that I am not but I did do a fair amount of research because I was thinking of getting one and because it would be on my body for the rest of my life. I decided to read into it to learn more about it. Never did I mention that I was a professional but tattoos are not supposed to be puffed up if it's done properly. Obviously you didn't read what I wrote before... I said that the tattoos were so badly done my friends were SCARRED, they're scarred to the point where you can feel large parts of the tattoo with your finger - it's permanently elevated in certain parts.
Ha ha ha, So you're telling me that just because YOUR tattoos puff up depending on the weather that what I learned (that tattoos should not be able to be felt by tracing your finger over it) is wrong?
Just because you have tattoos doesn't mean you're someone who has the credibility and authority to discredit a tattooless person's comments about tattoos.
YOU need to do research because I've ALREADY done mine.

04blackMAX
08-17-2003, 11:03 PM
well i have 7 my brother has 4, all my buddies have them, and at times my are somewhat puffy, and by no means to i mean so noticable that u can see it with the naked eye, but if you run your finger over it slowly, then yes, there is some puffyness, it also depends on the part of your body, the ones i got at joker, are on my forearms, and they arnt puffy at all, but the one on my chest is.....its great youve done your reasearch, but what kinda reasearch did you actually do, ask your one friend with a tattoos questions like, did it hurt, how long does it take to heal, and how much was it... as for saying joker tattoos is a joke, u know nothing, they are just as clean as anyother shop in town, they are much more personable then alot of shops, and have very good prices......i cant believe iam even having this conversation you!!

itsalebaron
08-17-2003, 11:11 PM
I actually contacted a doctor about that exact thing. As he put it scares dont come and go, so if it puffs up some days it is most likely due to dehydration, could also be due to weather changes and even some alergic reactions to the ink (which is rare and different in every case). If the tattoo is ALWAYS puffy then true it has scarred.

Now this is what a good old doctor told me first hand and well it makes sense. :dunno:

jdmakkord
08-17-2003, 11:18 PM
Only one of mine out of 4 is slightly raised.....it was done at living colors(one of the most reputable old school shops) by Casey Davis....formerly of smiling buddah. Only reason its raised is because I was bigger when I got it....and its on my shoulder. SOS(actually they changed their name now) is a joke! Talked to one of their "artists" last week, and have never met such an ignorant retard! Oh well, to each their own....

BebeAphrodite
08-17-2003, 11:31 PM
well i have 7 my brother has 4, all my buddies have them, and at times my are somewhat puffy, and by no means to i mean so noticable that u can see it with the naked eye, but if you run your finger over it slowly, then yes, there is some puffyness, it also depends on the part of your body, the ones i got at joker, are on my forearms, and they arnt puffy at all, but the one on my chest is.....its great youve done your reasearch, but what kinda reasearch did you actually do, ask your one friend with a tattoos questions like, did it hurt, how long does it take to heal, and how much was it... as for saying joker tattoos is a joke, u know nothing, they are just as clean as anyother shop in town, they are much more personable then alot of shops, and have very good prices......i cant believe iam even having this conversation you!!

ha ha ha, no asking friends 'did it hurt, how long does it take to heal, and how much was it' seems like your kind of research (since you mentioned before that because your tattoo puffs up when the weather changes and implying that what I commented on earlier probably wasn't correct).
My type of research is reading medical websites or websites from tattoo parlors themselves, etc. That's why I knew enough to discuss the smearing of ink if the ink is injected into a wrong layer of dermis.
I was at Jokers when a friend got his tattoo done.. his care instructions "uhh.. ya... keep it out of water for a while". I know nothing? ha ha ha, apparently you've gotta be pretty ignorant to be making unsubstantiated comments like that. And you're bringing prices into this? Who cares about prices when you're putting something on your body for the rest of your life. Jokers has some of the best prices I've ever seen but I guess you pay for what you get. Even some moron can tell you to keep your tattoo outta water for a while using common sense after you get your tattoo done.

James
08-18-2003, 12:15 AM
From what ive heard from a tattoo artist, tattoos that are puffed up are indeed scarred, i dont know about the weather condition thing, but it could make sense. both of my tattoo's are smooth, and not puffy at all, but i let them heal the best i could so that wouldnt happen.....cant wait to get more done soon.

Mckenzie
08-18-2003, 06:01 AM
I am getting one done at iron will soon. It should be ready this week to see. I narrowed it down to iron will and bushido but those dudes at bushido did not seem to interested in doing an arm band so I went with iron will.

Importz
08-18-2003, 11:36 AM
::(

t"raver1"smith
08-18-2003, 01:31 PM
check around before you get your tat. i've three. one each from smiling buhda, jokers wild, and body inc. i personally suggest body inc. Barry, Dave, and everyone there are real pro's, and have a nice clean shop. go down and talk to them before you make your decision. they are in kensington.:thumbsup: