PDA

View Full Version : FS: **1998 Accord EX Coupe ** CHEAP!

Kloubek
10-25-2007, 08:59 PM
SOLD. PLEASE REMOVE.

Vehicle Details
Year: : 1998
Make and Model: : Honda Accord EX
Exterior Color : Red
Interior Color : Grey
Auto or Manual? : Auto
Odometer Reading : 232,000
Location of Vehicle : Calgary, NE
Description : This is going to be one of the best deals on this message board I think. Top model with peppy 4cyl vtec engine and all options except leather. Automatic transmission. ABS, dual air bags, and power everything including moonroof, Aftermarket alarm/keyless entry. Excellent interior. Runs perfect. Decent exterior with no rust or bondo. Recent tune and new parts to get in perfect running order. Timing belt already replaced.

Extras : Aftermarket halo (like BMW) headlights and high-power CD deck prewired for amp. Includes 17” aftermarket rims with high performance rubber, and custom gold fiber hood. (Which certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea...)

But it's cheap. And a good car.

Public Service Announcement: This car is uninsured. You can drive it up and down my driveway, and that's about it. I know that sucks. But please don't waste my time.

FIRM Price : 4999

fcukda
10-25-2007, 10:49 PM
why are u sellin for so cheap?
interested plz pm me

toomuchb00st
10-25-2007, 10:58 PM
haha vtec bro not vtech pm'd

Kloubek
10-27-2007, 01:08 AM
*bump*

I should be getting flooded with pms and emails! This is the cheapest around anywhere!

GT4rally
10-27-2007, 02:36 AM
Do you still have the original hood??

Kloubek
10-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Unfortunately not - no. I think going gold carbon might have been a bad idea. lol

Wreckers will give you one for a hundred bux....

Kloubek
10-29-2007, 08:30 AM
OK.... this is silly. This car should be sold by now, and I *need* it gone. (My condo board is complaining about me having an uninsured vehicle sitting in my parking spot) My original asking price of $5999 is the lowest in Canada. But maybe this will make it sell:

$4999 FIRM. Drive it away folks!

rawsensation
10-29-2007, 02:53 PM
pm'd

red99600
10-29-2007, 09:46 PM
can i get a test drive?

Kloubek
10-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Not sure. Can you read a posting?

Originally posted by red99600
can i get a test drive?

red99600
10-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Public Service Announcement: This car is uninsured. You can drive it up and down my driveway, and that's about it. I know that sucks. But please don't waste my time.

i guess no test drives, i'll just take your word for it that it runs perfect :dunno:

Kloubek
10-29-2007, 11:14 PM
It *does* run perfect. You can tell when you turn the key.

red99600
10-30-2007, 01:13 AM
does it drive? how would i know if the gears work

Benny
10-30-2007, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by red99600
does it drive? how would i know if the gears work

Exactly. This is a magnificent deal if it is in perfect running order, but I doubt ANYONE will be willing to drop 5 grand on a car that they can't step behind the wheel of, if not even for 5 minutes. It sounds fishy.

Don't mean to interrupt this sale, but I'm interested and this is a concern of mine.

sputnik
10-30-2007, 07:32 AM
Sorry... starting a car doesnt tell anyone that a car runs perfect.

Unless you can give the transmission, suspension and brakes a workout you can never be too sure.

At the very least you should at least take it to a Honda dealership and have them do a full inspection.

SilverRex
10-30-2007, 08:10 AM
no original hood?

Kloubek
10-30-2007, 08:39 AM
No, it does not have the original hood.

I totally understand that people would prefer to take it out on the highway, etc. But I am not insuring the car just to sell it. I'd be losing significant money. I already am. I am allowing the vehicle to be driven up and down my townhouse driveway. My complex has 28 units, and that is more than adequate distance to ensure it is working properly.

red99600
10-30-2007, 10:41 AM
that is NOT an adequate test drive.

are you trying to hide the fact that the 3rd, 4th auto gears are not working?

Kloubek
10-30-2007, 11:41 AM
The transmission goes into all gears. I'd put that in writing. But no matter how many times you try to "stir the pot", the fact is that it's no big secret who you are and that you're pissed I won't let you drive the car. Too bad. Please leave the thread.

And you know what? Even if the tranny was dead dead dead, it would STILL be a good deal. But luckily, it isn't dead anyway.

For the couple of members who are insisting there must be something "fishy" about this, or that I'm trying to "pull one over", I'm simply not. Surely it isn't that hard to understand that the car is U-N-I-N-S-U-R-E-D is it? Get a life people - and stop trying to turn this into something it's not.

92_VTEC_lude
10-30-2007, 03:57 PM
my friend is very interested in your car only if he can test drive it with his own INSURANCE and LICENSE PLATE. Let me know then we can arrange the test drive with him quickly....

Kloubek
10-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Let me share a little story for everyone. At least it should help people understand my perspective here. I had a 93 Lincoln Mark 8 a few years back. I had just purchased a Jeep, and I had parked the Lincoln for the winter.

I had a young fellow come and look at the car. He asked to put his own plate on it, to which I agreed. The test drive went very well, and he said he was going to buy it shortly before we returned to my home.

Upon parking back in my stall, he entered too quickly and the tires slipped on the ice that had built up around the car's stall over the last couple of months. The car travelled about half a car length past the end of the stall; not before it cracked off the bottom part of the front bumper on the concrete slab. It finally rested with the bumper tip against a fence, and the concrete slab behind the front tires. The fence is probably the only thing that kept it from flying over the retaining wall.

I made a joke of it - saying: "Hey - at least you agreed to buy it right?" To which he replied "Well, I'm still thinking about it". He then swiftly removed his plate, hopped in his waiting truck, and took off before I even knew what was going on.

I called my insurance company, and they told me that simply putting someone else's plate on my car did NOT insure it any more than a piece of cardboard. And since I did not get the person's info, I could do nothing but suck up the bill myself. I never did get it fixed, and ended up taking a $750 hit because of this incident.

There is just simply no possible way I am going to let people take this out for a normal test drive. Like I said - I know that totally sucks, and I really don't care if it looks "suspicious". It's going to sell anyway, so I'm really not too concerned what people think. It can be driven up and down my townhouse road, and that's it. End of discussion.

I will no longer be checking messages in this thread - so feel free to flame away without retort. But if you're interested in a decent car at an amazing price, please PM me.

Thank you.

red99600
10-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
The transmission goes into all gears. I'd put that in writing. But no matter how many times you try to "stir the pot", the fact is that it's no big secret who you are and that you're pissed I won't let you drive the car. Too bad. Please leave the thread.

And you know what? Even if the tranny was dead dead dead, it would STILL be a good deal. But luckily, it isn't dead anyway.

For the couple of members who are insisting there must be something "fishy" about this, or that I'm trying to "pull one over", I'm simply not. Surely it isn't that hard to understand that the car is U-N-I-N-S-U-R-E-D is it? Get a life people - and stop trying to turn this into something it's not.

yes there is no big secret who i am.

the big secret is the actual deal on the car.

Kloubek
10-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Well lucky for you, you never have to find out. It's sold.

For your information, there was no big deal on the car. It was a smokin deal, and you missed out.

Now this thread can be removed, and I can stop dealing with children. And that's possibly more exciting for me than selling the car in the first place.

:closed:

red99600
10-31-2007, 01:30 AM
glad you found a sucker who would buy a car without test driving it.