PDA

View Full Version : strange mail?

ilovelude
10-25-2007, 09:20 PM
so my frd bought this house and has been livin there for almost 5 years
recently, there was this big package of mail for the previous owner from RBC bank. his roomate accidently open it and found out it is a customer copy of mortgage form that was signed 3 days ago. What it states is that the previous owner got a mortgage for a fairly huge amount of $ from RBC bank and both of them had signed it..but the thing that is strange is that he still used my friend's address. so it mailed to his house. the mortgage was issued on oct 22, 2007. it clearly stated the previous owner's name and his address, which is MY FRIEND'S CURRENT ADDRESS.

so...what shall we do? i know it is not right ot open other ppl;s mails, but it has been 5 years and the contract was signed couple days ago? it is so strange why that guy still used that address.

thanks for any helpful advices guys!

Schwa
10-25-2007, 09:34 PM
shred the mail :banghead:

what do you think you should do?? give it back to the rightful owner maybe??
:nut:

kaput
10-25-2007, 09:36 PM

Crymson
10-25-2007, 09:46 PM
He done stoled yer house fooo!

frozenrice
10-25-2007, 10:54 PM
Call the bank and arrange to have it sent back. It's possible that the old owners had done previous banking with RBC and the database didn't get updated so the paperwork was sent to the wrong (old) address.
I had a similar scenario with my RBC Visa. Went in to change my address at a RBC branch. Two years later I get a call from their collections asking why I hadn't paid my CC bills. I told them that I paid it off and hadn't used the card in as many years as I physically cut it up so I wouldn't use it. In those two years, my card had expired and they sent new cards to my old address. Whoever moved into my old place took the cards and made purchases with them. The bank clearly admitted they made a mistake as all my other banking information with them was current except for the Visa.

ilovelude
10-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Call the bank and arrange to have it sent back. It's possible that the old owners had done previous banking with RBC and the database didn't get updated so the paperwork was sent to the wrong (old) address.
I had a similar scenario with my RBC Visa. Went in to change my address at a RBC branch. Two years later I get a call from their collections asking why I hadn't paid my CC bills. I told them that I paid it off and hadn't used the card in as many years as I physically cut it up so I wouldn't use it. In those two years, my card had expired and they sent new cards to my old address. Whoever moved into my old place took the cards and made purchases with them. The bank clearly admitted they made a mistake as all my other banking information with them was current except for the Visa.

ya the address is on the mortgage paper, that is why it is strange. It's possible that the old owners had done previous banking with RBC and the database didn't get updated so the paperwork was sent to the wrong (old) address. we r thinking about this too, but for such an important contract, i can't believe they made that kind of mistake. don't they need to go over the whole thing before they sign it... the amount issued by bank is pretty huge too..
anyways, going to ask the bank tmr.
thanks for the info

frozenrice
10-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Well if not, by sending it back it might get the bank to think twice now - possible fraud? Maybe somebody got the old owner's info and tried to take out a mortage under their name. Anyway, sending it back is probably the right thing to do. You might be saving somebody's ass by doing so.