PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cop back-up

monkeyja
07-12-2003, 12:30 PM
Last night, I went to stempede around 11pm and found a free spot to park and I walked across meclord tr at the intersection near Humpty's with my friend. When we was waiting for the light, a cop car stopped in the middle of the cross and also in front of us because of red light. The stupid cop car then back up and hit a car, that is a green VW jetta. We heard a loud "Boom" and the cop car stopped. We saw the cop got off the car and seems to ask that guy why you saw him backed up and he dont back up also. That is so stupid and that cop seems to be young. I think he should go learn how to drive.....:thumbsdow :rofl:
I never saw that happen before, but we are so happy and even other ppl walk across was :clap:

Kaos
07-12-2003, 01:21 PM
And the funny thing is, its the other drivers fault and he's is gonna get fined big time!

Fluidic
07-12-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Kaos
And the funny thing is, its the other drivers fault and he's is gonna get fined big time!

Are you smoking crack? No fucking way he's going to get fined or "taxed". Didn't you read the story... the cop was in the crosswalk... backed up into a car that COULDN'T back up.

Peter

Moonracer
07-12-2003, 03:02 PM
Ahhhhh yeah that's the cops fault!

Seanith
07-12-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by monkeyja

I never saw that happen before, but we are so happy and even other ppl walk across was :clap: [/B]

:dunno: right...

Anyways the cop is a fool and the other driver will get his shit fiixed for free! :thumbsup:

92 Teg-B18A
07-12-2003, 07:19 PM
Booyah!

3G
07-12-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by 92 Teg-B18A
Booyah!

hahaha i was just going to post that

monkeyja
07-12-2003, 10:50 PM
nice pic 92 Teg-B18A

All stupid cop should learn how to drive and park their car.....

Khyron
07-12-2003, 11:55 PM
Actually it is the guys fault. If I roll my car back and hit you it's your fault. There's a minimum distance you HAVE to be from the car in front of you and it's not realistic. Something like 1.5 lengths. If you're closer, I can pretty much reverse into you.

The jetta guy just has to hope the cop doesn't fight, or if he does the judge is feeling fair (hahahah).

Khyron

Melinda
07-13-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

hahaha i was just going to post that
Haha I dont even have a copy of that OWNED picture saved and I was the one who took the picture :rofl: Good to know it's going to good use :D

Fluidic
07-13-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Khyron
Actually it is the guys fault. If I roll my car back and hit you it's your fault. There's a minimum distance you HAVE to be from the car in front of you and it's not realistic. Something like 1.5 lengths. If you're closer, I can pretty much reverse into you.

The jetta guy just has to hope the cop doesn't fight, or if he does the judge is feeling fair (hahahah).

Khyron

That's bullshit. Never become a cop Geoff... just don't.

Peter

3G
07-13-2003, 09:20 AM

Khyron

:bullshit: where do you come up with this all this bullshit?? the cop didn't roll back, he reversed, there IS a difference between those 2! And it's not 1.5 lenghs, my drivers ed teacher told us that you have to be able to see the bottom of the guy in front of yous rear bumper

mwmhong
07-13-2003, 10:50 AM
Bad boys!
What you want, what you want, what you gonna do.
When Sheriff John Brown BACK INTO YOU?
Tell me, what you gonna do?
Bad boys, Bad boys.......:hitit:

hjr
07-13-2003, 11:13 AM
im pretty sure its not BS. I have heard of that on a few occasions. You have to leave a rediculus amount of room between you and the car infront of you. Plus, if the jetta guy was just a bit considerate he would have left him some room to back up anyways. The cop was in the crosswalk and jetta guy couldnt give him enough room to get out... well it 'sounds' like he was bing kinda a dick. But I really wasnt there and i dont know all the circumstances, so i will end there.

Mckenzie
07-13-2003, 11:38 AM
There is a difference. If I am on a hill at a light and I roll back because of my manual tranny and hit you behind me, then its your fault.

You are NEVER supposed to reverse in the opposite direction that traffic is flowing. Even if you come to a screeching stop halfway through the crosswalk, a cop could give you a ticket for backing up.....weird rules but thats the law...

nickyh
07-13-2003, 11:59 AM
My brother was rear ended by a cop on McLeod Trail 1 year ago.
Over $7000 damage to his rear end, the only excuse the cop gave was he thought my brother was going to run the orange light so he did not bother to hit his breaks.
Even my brother drivers seat broke (later recalled by Chrysler) by the force of the impact.
He did not sue though.... lucky for them since my parents have a laywer on retainer for an accident they had earlier. I would have taken the city for all I could.
The dumb ass cops even lost the paperwork relating to this! (Right - I believe that!)

They think they are above the law so regular rules don't apply to them.
I hope the VW driver takes the cops on! Any lawyer would love that job.

monkeyja
07-13-2003, 01:31 PM

Khyron

CORRECT........!!!!
you are so wrong that it's not the guy in VW's fault because the gap between the cop car and the VW is more than half car, just the stupid cop keep backing up.....
sorry didnt mention in my story......

a_peep
07-13-2003, 01:38 PM
What a idiot.

Kaos
07-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

Are you smoking crack? No fucking way he's going to get fined or "taxed". Didn't you read the story... the cop was in the crosswalk... backed up into a car that COULDN'T back up.

Peter

Chill out dude...... I was be sarcastic!
Knowing how POPO's are in Calgary he wouldve fukkin blamed the other guy for following too close hahahahaha!

CHILL BUDDY CHILL!

max_boost
07-13-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
There is a difference. If I am on a hill at a light and I roll back because of my manual tranny and hit you behind me, then its your fault.

Yah, if the person is on your ass and you have absolutely no room. Other than that, just put your e-brake up.

I had this exact same thing happened to me under the overpass on Glenmore Trail/Macleod Trail 3 years ago. This lady in her manual Jeep must of let her foot off the clutch cause I was watching her, her head was down looking for something. Next thing you know she is rolling backwards, I honk but obviously she wasn't pay attention and BAM. She backs right into my front bumper, I was pretty fcuking pissed. She had the nerve to say I was following too close, fuck that shit. Dumb ass bitch and there was room between us, at least 1 car length in rush hour traffic.

max_boost
07-13-2003, 03:30 PM

Khyron Really? Can you imagine what traffic would be like if that was the case?

tctdmx
07-13-2003, 05:25 PM
well, its funny how all this " reverse " in an intersection shiz is messing us up.

couple month ago i was driving down McLeod trail into downtown, it was raining pretty heavy and you know how SLOW peeps drive. Anyways, i came up to the intersection of 17th ave while the light turn yellow, tried breaking but if i did to come to a stop i woul've been in the middle of the intersection, so then i decided i'd just go since its yellow...

BUT nooooooo , a ghost car then catched up to me at 12th ave , pulled me over and asked me why i did not stop for the yellow light, so then i said, well, i'd be in the middle of the street, and i'm sure he saw me attempt to stop my car ......

here is what he said to me, as well as later in court as i tried fighting for it .. and apparently its VALID as well..... is " IF YOU TRIED TO STOP AND RESULTED TO BE IN THE MIDDLE OF AN INTERSECTION, ACCORDING TO LAW YOU COULD HAVE BACKED UP AND THE VEHICLE BEHIND YOU WILL HAVE NOTICED AND EITHER LEFT YOU THE SPACE THAT YOU REQUIRE, OR THEY'D BACK UP AS WELL."

i was like... WTF !!! , but i lost and i had to pay that stupid fine..

well, good luck man, hopefully you can get through this fair and get what those cops deserve ----

Fluidic
07-13-2003, 06:11 PM
Hmmm... I need a new rear bumper... I think I want aftermarket... I'm going to go drive downtown... drive and brake in a crosswalk... wait for it to turn red then reverse into the car behind me.

Be right back guys!! :D ;)

Peter

mad_psyentist
07-15-2003, 09:44 AM
It's called "assured clear distance" or something like that. You have to be able to see the tires to the car infront of you, any closer and you're at fault for whatever happens. If you're too close to the car infront of you and they roll into you, it's your fault for being too close. Now, if buddy puts it in reverse and backs into you without looking and you're within your clear distance, it's HIS fault.

/////AMG
07-15-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

Haha I dont even have a copy of that OWNED picture saved and I was the one who took the picture :rofl: Good to know it's going to good use :D

:werd: I think its in almost every Calgarian forum ahah

Super_Geo
07-15-2003, 01:52 PM
I hate it when cops are above the law.

It's especially true with Kingston police (in Ontario). My friend's cousin got plowed by a car driven by a cop's daughter. The cop's kid was speeding through a red and hit her at over 50km/hr... enough to knock her shoes off.

There were eye witnesses, but none of them were interviewed. A lot of paperwork in the case was lost and the end result? Aboslutely nothing happens to the cop's kid.

Shit like this makes me furious. I hope the cop gets his ass fired and ends up on the street so I can throw fistfuls of pennies at him and his dumbass family.

To serve and protect? Go fucking fist yourself.

Seanith
07-15-2003, 05:25 PM
*OMG LOL*

Abom
07-15-2003, 06:05 PM
So lemme get this straight. I stop on a hill and don't pull my e-brake. I roll back when the light turns green, and hit someone. It is now thier fault.

Anyone see anything wrong with this ? :dunno:

There should be NO reason that you roll back in a manual transmission car. In other countries that have better drivers than we do, when you're on your drivers license road test, if you roll back even one centimeter on a hill, you fail the test.

If someone rolls back into me, and the accident gets blamed on me, I'm hiring a lawyer and going to court, period.

mad_psyentist
07-15-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Abom
So lemme get this straight. I stop on a hill and don't pull my e-brake. I roll back when the light turns green, and hit someone. It is now thier fault.

If the guy behind you is too close and you're not PURPOSELY tryin' to be an ass, then yes, it's their fault. But if they stop with plenty of distance and you roll back and roll back and roll back until you do hit them, then it's your fault.

Yeah... and if you roll backwards more than an inch in a manual, ya don't deserve to be in a manual anyway. I agree. That was part of my drivers test too... though, the car was allowed to rock no more than 1 inch to allow for time between pedals.

a_peep
07-15-2003, 07:59 PM
How could you prove that they weren't far back enough?!

mustang
07-16-2003, 12:58 AM
It is illegal to reverse in a lane of traffic....

Abom
07-16-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by mad_psyentist
though, the car was allowed to rock no more than 1 inch to allow for time between pedals.

Still, that's what an e-brake is for, isn't it? :dunno:

But anyways, this law is complete bullshit, who the hell came up with anyways?? :thumbsdow

Hakkola
07-16-2003, 10:47 AM
Was the car the cop bumped into in the intersection or behind the crosswalk?? If it was in the intersection I think he's screwed, otherwise logically I can't see a way it wouldn't be the cops fault. This is interesting.

DonJuan
07-17-2003, 01:23 AM
On macloed trail near Henninger toyota, I saw a cop try to do a u turn drift (power over) but all he did was slide sideways into a crosswalk pole. It was some funny shit! We saw the same cop outside chinook an hour later, we yelled "howd ya get the big dent?" and all he did was glare... funny shit, then we left quickly no need to have him go Rodney King on my ass!

Seanith
07-17-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
On macloed trail near Henninger toyota, I saw a cop try to do a u turn drift (power over) but all he did was slide sideways into a crosswalk pole. It was some funny shit! We saw the same cop outside chinook an hour later, we yelled "howd ya get the big dent?" and all he did was glare... funny shit, then we left quickly no need to have him go Rodney King on my ass!

ahahahahaha ! :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

3G
07-17-2003, 09:31 PM

PWNED

xkon
07-24-2003, 05:26 PM
Damn... how come I never see things like this??? LMAO

max_boost
07-26-2003, 02:07 AM
Why didn't he just turn on his sirens, lights etc. and blow through the intersection? Why reverse? LMAO