PDA

View Full Version : o2 bung butterfly valve

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Does anyone know where I can find an electronic butterfly valve that would fit an o2 bung? I've searched around, and can only find vague descriptions of "my friends welder bought it and welded it on blah blah blah".

Any advice would be welcome. TIA

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Still can't find anything... Closest thing I can find is a "Qtec" which does not help at all. Anyone have any kind of tips at all?

Annoyingrob
10-28-2007, 05:41 PM
wait, why do you want a butterfly valve in an 02 bung?

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-28-2007, 11:06 PM
It's for a school project. I'm building a sort of tank robot, and one of the panels i'm using has a o2 bung we had welded in. It has a laser diode in it and if it get's touched its toast, so we want to protect it, and we figured an o2 plug would work. But the whole thing is supposed to be remote control, so we were looking into butterfly valves and other options that would be near-water/air tight....

Ok i'm bullshitting. I can't think of a good reason. I just want to know where to find one. (But the remote tank part is real, its just another group thats doing it)

Annoyingrob
10-29-2007, 09:39 PM
that sounds pretty custom there. Honestly, I don't think you're going to find an "O2 bung butterfly valve"

What sort of bung is it. Is it just a standard wideband bung?

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Basically yea. It's the same bung that the OEM o2 sensor fits into. Wideband would also fit in there I'm assuming. I was just entertaining a fancy, hoping someone would be able to turn up something more then me. =)

InLoveWitRSX
10-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
It's for a school project. I'm building a sort of tank robot, and one of the panels i'm using has a o2 bung we had welded in. It has a laser diode in it and if it get's touched its toast, so we want to protect it, and we figured an o2 plug would work. But the whole thing is supposed to be remote control, so we were looking into butterfly valves and other options that would be near-water/air tight....

Ok i'm bullshitting. I can't think of a good reason. I just want to know where to find one. (But the remote tank part is real, its just another group thats doing it)

:rofl: nice one jory

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-29-2007, 11:27 PM
No honestly, they are. It's a small tank that shoots lasers and has sensors. And you control it from a pc (probably based out of an internet cafe).

It's actually a really cool project, I helped out with part of the laser/sensor set up since it coincided with my project.:thumbsup:

Primer_Drift
10-29-2007, 11:33 PM
How long have you attended MIT?

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-29-2007, 11:34 PM
It's just SAIT =) It's the final project for the CNT course.. Mine's a little simpler, it's a security/inventory system.