PDA

View Full Version : Workout routine sans weights?

no_joke
10-28-2007, 01:01 PM
I might be stuck in a work camp this winter with no gym. Anyone got any links to some routines or programs that you can do without weights? I've seen something before in a magazine that was titled "Vacation workout."

kerry
10-31-2007, 06:33 PM
There's a few things you can do if you have a chair and a bit of room.

Try a circuit like this if you have your own room.

20 burpees,
20 situps
20 pushups with feet elevated on chair
20 tricep dips with feet on bed and hands planted on chair

Do that with no rest between exercises. Rest after one circuit for about a minute and repeat.

Or you can do variations of basic exercises like listed above.

For example do 5 of each kind of pushup (normal, wide, close, explosive or clap, 1 armed left, 1 armed right) and the same for situps (normal, left oblique, right oblique etc etc)

If you can bring anything try bringing a 10lb medicine ball and a skipping rope. With those you can make yourself a ridiculously effective workout while gone.

reno97637
11-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Planche workouts. Search on YouTube for that thing.

no_joke
11-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Wow. Planche workout is insane. I would love to be able to do that stuff one day. Looks like getting started is the hard part. I tried to do the "frog stand" the other day and couldn't get it... will have to keep practicing.

fortissimo
11-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Chinups are really good. If you don't have access to a ledge you can get a bar that hangs in doorway and they are cheap.

Darkane
11-25-2007, 11:08 PM
ghetto glute/ham raises. Good compound movement. Wedge the back of your feet under a piece of furniture and go nuts.

If your at camp and they have water coolers, grab some full waters and do some lunges, put them on your shoulders and do squats, overhead presses etc.

no_joke
11-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Well, here I am at camp now on Beyond through the satellite connection. The room is juvie sized (approx. 5 1/2 ft x 10 ft) so not much space. Based on your input and a little bit of net research, here's what I do:

-skipping for cardio or warmup (wow, were my calves sore)
-yoga "workout for strength" (I forget which kind) ~30 min
-pushups (diamond type 3x10, planche type 5x5)
-trying to do pseudo-planche frog stands (I can do about 10 sec holds)

Actually, yoga and planche style exercises are pretty good. Body weight still provides good resistance which I didn't think would be the case. Anyways, I'm only a few days in so we'll see how she goes.