PDA

View Full Version : 91 civic (need advice)

fcukda
10-28-2007, 04:36 PM
i just took a look at a 1991 honda civic with h22a engine swap. the body has 3xx xxx kms, and engine has about 8x xxx. the person is asking for 4700$

what are you think about the price? is it over priced?

Spoons
10-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Well an h22a is about $2400 slightly used. So is the car itself without an engine actually worth $2300. 3xx xxx kms is alot. You have to look at different components, around that amount a lot of things are going to need to be replaced. Mind you Honda's are notorious for having parts that don't cost a lot, so you are good on that one.

fcukda
10-28-2007, 11:05 PM
^ the body in it self imo would not be worth 2 k, the person repaint the car black so no visible rust. the only things i notice that was needed are tires and exhaust needs to be fixed.

Gibson
10-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Good tires are probably going to cost more then a second-hand exhaust off of a scrapped Civic.

fcukda
10-29-2007, 11:20 PM
ok maybe i phrased the question wrong, is this a good deal or is this way overpriced?

racin_jayson
10-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Hard to say, an H22 swap into a 91 civic is a lot of work and if done properly can be quite valuable. How is the quality of the work? How is the suspension? underbody rust? remember theres more to it than just the engine,
without actually seeing the car, if it has a clean body, and a properly done engine swap. I'd say that thats not a bad deal.

TE4MFaint
10-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Take it for a mechanical inspection. :nut:

They will check out all trailing arms, control arms, suspension leaks if any, underbody rust, etc etc.

Have you driven the car at all? How is it running? Or is this a hack job that barely runs and they are just trying to get rid of the car quickly so its no longer their problem?

Take it for a drive, if you think something is iffy, maybe take it down to JDM Source and get them to check over the wiring and such, making sure all is in tip top shape.

Seems like a decent deal, if the cars body is in good shape.
Was the rust fixed? Or just painted over?

If all checks out. I'd offer between $4000 and $4200.

Best advice you can do, in my opinion.

fcukda
10-30-2007, 09:28 PM
thanks for the replys

body has no visible rust not even the typical rust spots. the engine swap looks like a good job the person did the swap himself.

ive driven the car and its so fun to drive :D , i just really want to no if the price is right.