PDA

View Full Version : Help with vibration!

GITRDUN
10-29-2007, 10:33 AM
I recently bought and installed a set of Blizzaks pre-mounted & blanaced on winter-steelies (from Tire Rack). I've since noticed a slight vibration around 80km/h.

Today is fairly warm so I will go take a look after work and see if anything is wrong.

My thoughts:
-check to make sure lug nuts are secure
-check tire pressures

But I have a feeling that Tire Rack properly inflated the tires (I realize that's an assumption) and I'm pretty sure that I properly tightened the lug nuts. There are weights on the outside of the rims, so I'm guessing the tires are well balanced also.

What else could I be forgetting? I don't have a torque wrench so I can't make sure the nuts are tightened to 80lb-ft but that shouldn't cause a vibration anyway, right?

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. 07 Civic Coupe

riced
10-29-2007, 10:39 AM
I have an 06 coupe, this may or may not be related
but have you recently hit a ditch? I did that when I first got my car and at speeds above 90km/h it was vibrate my steering wheel like crazy. I had to get an alignment and that fixed it.

riced
10-29-2007, 10:40 AM
sorry not a ditch.. a pothole

JordanEG6
10-29-2007, 10:43 AM
even though the weights are on, maybe the wheels are off balance still. I'd go back and get them rebalanced, maybe they did it wrong or one of the weights feel off (assuming it's not one peice).

GITRDUN
10-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the replies. Definitely didn't hit anything... the vibration was noticed immediately after swapping from the summer rim/tire combo over to the winter combo!

bituerbo
10-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Hey Alex,

Go get a balancing done.
If that fixes it, save the bill and try and get Tire Rack to reimburse.

Toms-SC
10-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Yea, get them rebalanced man.