PDA

View Full Version : guarenteed to bring a tear to your eye

Intent_Fire
10-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Yea, well if you don't find this story sad... well then you have no heart and should probably go see a doctor asap.

http://www.ksat.com/news/14413827/detail.html

AMARILLO -- A miniature horse given to a boy with brain cancer by the Make-A-Wish Foundation was killed by a pair of pit bulls who were found roaming in his yard, authorities said.

The 31-inch tall horse, Anniversary, was donated by the foundation to 3-year-old Christian Vasquez in late August.

Christian, who was diagnosed in January with a malignant form of brain cancer, received a pull cart, a blanket, a halter and a bridle set from the foundation on Saturday, said Jelaine Workman, executive director for the foundation's Amarillo chapter.

Two days later, Anniversary was found dead on his property in Pampa by Christian's father, Raul Vasquez.

The father was nearly attacked by the dogs but managed to climb a tree and call 911 on his cell phone.

One of the dogs was captured by authorities and remains in custody at the Pampa animal pound, while the other escaped and remained on the loose, Gray County Sheriff Don Copeland said.

"I was scared to death," said Raul Vasquez, 41. "They killed Anniversary, and I thought they would kill me too."

It was unclear how the dogs entered the property, which is surrounded by a 4 1/2-foot-high fence.

Workman said the foundation won't be able to supply a second horse but was getting calls from residents who wanted to donate money for a new one.

Anniversary cost $1,300, and the foundation included free feed, training and veterinary care for a year in its gift.

"This horse was beautiful," Workman said. "It just makes me angry that people allow their dogs to run on the loose."

Jlude
10-29-2007, 11:14 PM
that's rough... sad story

D911
10-29-2007, 11:39 PM
umm..kay?

TomcoPDR
10-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by D911
umm..kay?

It's a sad story because a cute pony got killed by some angry bitches :cry: And the pony was donated to a very sick boy to make him happy, but now is dead, because the dogs killed it.

AllGoNoShow
10-29-2007, 11:44 PM
D911 gtfo

That's sad, poor kid probably brought him to a new low seeing his new best freind dead.

street
10-29-2007, 11:48 PM
i hate horses cause one kicked me in the back when i was 12
so score one for the dogs:thumbsup:

edit:the fucking horse left me paralyzed from the legs down

95EagleAWD
10-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Fuck that... that's terrible.

Stupid fucking owners, take care of your dogs. Asshole should be shot along with his dogs.

street
10-29-2007, 11:52 PM
omg pitbulls are one of the coolest dog on earth

BerserkerCatSplat
10-30-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by street

It should have kicked you in the neck so I wouldn't have to read your retarded posts.

toomuchb00st
10-30-2007, 12:33 AM
hahahahah owned^^^^^^^^^^^^

Donmega
10-30-2007, 12:35 AM
omg pitbulls are one of the coolest dog on earth

jeez ur an idiot

95EagleAWD
10-30-2007, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

It should have kicked you in the neck so I wouldn't have to read your retarded posts.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

962 kid
10-30-2007, 12:40 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

anarchy
10-30-2007, 12:42 AM

:rofl:

What a sad story. I love dogs but I hate having to read stories about pit bulls and rotties killing this and that. It's tragic really, cuz it probably comes down to the owners.

AllGoNoShow
10-30-2007, 12:42 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::guns:

D911
10-30-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

It's a sad story because a cute pony got killed by some angry bitches :cry: And the pony was donated to a very sick boy to make him happy, but now is dead, because the dogs killed it.

oh i get it.

Maybe the kid can have some pet pitbulls now?
they seem like they kick a lot more ass than that pony.

CI_Josh
10-30-2007, 01:15 AM

oh i get it.

+1 Ban :guns:

SCHIDER23
10-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Poor kid :( and poor horse :(

$lick_rYz
10-30-2007, 08:21 AM
That's sad...poor pony RIP and death to the damn dogs:guns:

R!zz0
10-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Intent_Fire
well if you don't find this story sad... well then you have no heart and should probably go see a doctor asap.

I'll make my doctors appointment today.

rmk
10-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Honestly, I don't know why people are so attracted to pitbulls. Terrible breed.

natejj
10-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Lets hear it...

"Blah Blah Blah it all comes down to the owners Blah Blah *insert pics of your cute pitbull"

I dont care what anyone says, you dont see any other dog in the news as much, and there should be a hell of a lot more restrictions on dogs like those.

Rat Fink
10-30-2007, 08:30 AM

nest79
10-30-2007, 08:35 AM
that is freaking funny.............Street you got owned..........................poor kid....having cancer then loses his pony....anyways......street you have no heart.........you deserve to be kicked in the nuts also......jackass

joyridder
10-30-2007, 08:47 AM
sad story indeed, hopefully he will be able to get another one.....:(

finboy
10-30-2007, 08:53 AM

qft :drama:

Jayson
10-30-2007, 09:00 AM

He's just angry cause his penis probably doesn't work after getting kicked...

Atriux
10-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Jayson

He's just angry cause his penis probably doesn't work after getting kicked...

did it ever work...? I thought it was too small to do anything anyways..

Back on topic now: that's sooo sad. Hope the kid isn't hit too hard by the loss. god damn dog owners, I'm one too but the stupid people need to control their dogs.

Atriux

bamboo403
10-30-2007, 09:24 AM

oh i get it.

:rofl:

RUQUIKR
10-30-2007, 09:55 AM

That is the funniest thing I've read in months!

Mixalot27
10-30-2007, 10:01 AM
You'd think the Make a Wish foundation could shell out another $1300 to get the poor kid another horse, considering the circumstances. :dunno:

R!zz0
10-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Mixalot27
You'd think the Make a Wish foundation could shell out another $1300 to get the poor kid another horse, considering the circumstances. :dunno:

I don't think they would give 2 shits about it.

HybridTheory
10-30-2007, 12:07 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That was awesome

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-30-2007, 12:10 PM
I understand how it's sad, and all that, but why should the make a wish foundation pay for a new horse? They didn't let the dogs in. The owner of the dogs should pay for the new horse. I think they should be happy the father is ok, and no one else got hurt.

JRSC00LUDE
10-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Your guarantee sucks. I came in expecting a good cry and all I got was a lousy dead horse. :thumbsdow

Jayson
10-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
I understand how it's sad, and all that, but why should the make a wish foundation pay for a new horse? They didn't let the dogs in. The owner of the dogs should pay for the new horse. I think they should be happy the father is ok, and no one else got hurt.

werd...

This story isn't really a tear jerker... but it sucks that a dying boy's gift was killed...

AllGoNoShow
10-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

I'd agree, not their fault but still a shitty deal.
Atleast people are already making donations to get him to a new horse instead of counting on Make-A-Wish to do it.

Schwa
10-30-2007, 12:55 PM
You'd think make a wish was big enough to part with $1300 no problem.

AllGoNoShow
10-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Schwa
You'd think make a wish was big enough to part with $1300 no problem.

They probably are, but wouldn't it be bad for business/pr if they spent $2600 on 2 horses for one kid + all the free stuff they gave him, and only $500 on the next kid. Plus when the next kid breaks his $500 gift, he will want another one for free right away.

All of the sudden instead of helping 5,000 kids (guess) a year, they can only help 2,000 cause they have to replace everything their first kids got.

Jayson
10-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

They probably are, but wouldn't it be bad for business/pr if they spent $2600 on 2 horses for one kid + all the free stuff they gave him, and only $500 on the next kid. Plus when the next kid breaks his $500 gift, he will want another one for free right away.

All of the sudden instead of helping 5,000 kids (guess) a year, they can only help 2,000 cause they have to replace everything their first kids got.

exactly.... it's not their fault a couple of crazy dogs tore the horse apart...

Spoons
10-30-2007, 02:41 PM

You are so fucking retarded, it boggles my mind.

Street
What I Drive: 1994 MAZDA MX3

YES I'm real fucking sure that someone who is paralyzed from the legs down, in a wheel chair, DRIVES A FUCKING TWO DOOR SPORTS CAR! God damnit do you take us for complete and utter retards? I MEAN FUCK... people like you just make me want to kick my computer over, and never come onto this site again. Rage2 +1 for background searches on all new applicants to this forum! :D

Anyways, pitbulls are worthless and should be extinct. Honestly there was the one story where a lady, who had two pitbulls from birth, and raised them to be nice dogs just suddenly snapped on her and killed her. They are a fucking retarded breed of dog. Poor kid, I wish I could buy him another horse...

D911
10-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

You are so fucking retarded, it boggles my mind.

YES I'm real fucking sure that someone who is paralyzed from the legs down, in a wheel chair, DRIVES A FUCKING TWO DOOR SPORTS CAR! God damnit do you take us for complete and utter retards? I MEAN FUCK... people like you just make me want to kick my computer over, and never come onto this site again. Rage2 +1 for background searches on all new applicants to this forum! :D

Anyways, pitbulls are worthless and should be extinct. Honestly there was the one story where a lady, who had two pitbulls from birth, and raised them to be nice dogs just suddenly snapped on her and killed her. They are a fucking retarded breed of dog. Poor kid, I wish I could buy him another horse...

Everyone on these boards really need to chill out a bit, clearly we're just kidding around.

Anyways, im sure you could afford to buy him another horse..i mean our canadian dollar is strong and all.

1,300.00 USD = 1,238.97 CAD

SikAssR1
10-30-2007, 03:30 PM

Whoa! discrimination! All dogs bite, and can attack and turn on their owner anytime. Haven't you seen the dog whisperer;) No need to put your hate on one breed of dog. There are also MANY stories of pitbulls doing good.

Spoons
10-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by SikAssR1

Whoa! discrimination! All dogs bite, and can attack and turn on their owner anytime. Haven't you seen the dog whisperer;) No need to put your hate on one breed of dog. There are also MANY stories of pitbulls doing good.

Yes but you don't see countless stories of other dogs killing humans. There is a difference between a dog biting you, and a dog biting you, locking his jaw, and then proceeding to kill you...

Datsun-Fever
10-30-2007, 03:39 PM
just go for the eyes, it'll be all good.

shawtie
10-30-2007, 03:42 PM
All dogs can bite and all dogs can attack but pitbulls are the most common breed to attack and kill.

JRSC00LUDE
10-30-2007, 04:01 PM

Yes but you don't see countless stories of other dogs killing humans. There is a difference between a dog biting you, and a dog biting you, locking his jaw, and then proceeding to kill you...

No kidding, when's the last time you heard a news story about a crazed collie, poodle, lab, chi-wa-wa (lol, I can't spell that right now and didn't want to write "tacobell dog".", st. bernard, neufie, shitzu, husky, etc. etc. etc. tearing a person apart?

E46..sTyLez
10-30-2007, 04:02 PM
1994 mazda mx3

SPORTS CAR!

oh rly? :confused:

:werd: One of the top police K9's in the USA is a Pitbull. Pitbulls win obediance competitions regularly in the UK as well.

There are lots, just there are too many people that own a pitbull for its strength and determination and use it for wrong cause. Thats why you hear about the pitbull attacks more than the other breeds. If all the dumb owners had say, boxers instead...boxers would have the same rep. Still to this day the meanest dog ive ever met was a boxer....

oh and for the record: Lockjaw is a myth!! no locking mechanism has ever been found in a pitbull's jaw.

SikAssR1
10-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by shawtie
All dogs can bite and all dogs can attack but pitbulls are the most common breed to attack and kill.

How do you know?

Originally posted by E46..sTyLez

:werd: One of the top police K9's in the USA is a Pitbull. Pitbulls win obediance competitions regularly in the UK as well.

oh and for the record: Lockjaw is a myth!! no locking mechanism has ever been found in a pitbull's jaw.

yup, you beat me to it.

This could go on forever, both sides have valid points. Just going to say one more thing, yes I own 2 pitbulls and I love them to death. Of course I am going to defend them and the breed. Pitbulls have just been getting a really bad rep these days, its a shame people prejudge.

EK 2.0
10-30-2007, 05:54 PM

Wow Trevor...I have never seen you so mean...It's fitting haha..

l/l/rX
10-30-2007, 05:56 PM

i think this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ was even more harsh than what the dogs did to the horse.

(only if its true)

and no that story did not bring a tear to my eye.

mark4091
10-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Pit bulls are pretty violent, although they are not that bad if you have ONE. When you have more then one they go back to running like a pack, I have seen this for myself, some fucking rednecks on my street had 5 pitbulls and were inbreading them, they had a shitty fence that would get rocked over when I went by, one day the got out and tore up and old mans arm who was mowing his lawn and attacked paramedics trying to get at him to help.

:guns:

shawtie
10-30-2007, 06:28 PM

How do you know?

yup, you beat me to it.

This could go on forever, both sides have valid points. Just going to say one more thing, yes I own 2 pitbulls and I love them to death. Of course I am going to defend them and the breed. Pitbulls have just been getting a really bad rep these days, its a shame people prejudge.

Check the statistics.

This is definatly a debate that could go on forever. I personally think it has to do with the training and what people breed them for. Some dogs are just more thickheaded then others, and im sure some have shorter fuses. You really have to do your research and know what your dealing with. I myself am not a pit bull fan, but I love alot of the other "bully breeds" Mastiffs, Dobies, rotties.

Graham_A_M
10-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Ban for street? I vote so:thumbsup:

What an utter fuck-tard... :nut:

Schwa
10-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Ban Spoons for thinking an mx3 is a sports car.

SikAssR1
10-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by shawtie

Check the statistics.

This is definatly a debate that could go on forever. I personally think it has to do with the training and what people breed them for. Some dogs are just more thickheaded then others, and im sure some have shorter fuses. You really have to do your research and know what your dealing with. I myself am not a pit bull fan, but I love alot of the other "bully breeds" Mastiffs, Dobies, rotties.

What stats? I really don't want to start a argument here but show me where you got your statisitics.

Spoons
10-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Schwa
Ban Spoons for thinking an mx3 is a sports car.

Lol I was going to put it into my post that I hated calling it that, but it got the point across that no one with a wheelchair in their right mind would drive it.

Correction, NO ONE would drive it.

ekguy
10-30-2007, 08:42 PM
a guy back home had a sporty car and had a wheelchair. if you don't call a 1996 240sx a sporty car then i don't know what is. it's not that hard to make an automatic car driveable for someone who's paralized...

ekguy
10-30-2007, 08:43 PM
although you can't accommodate cars for stupidity and that guy seems to not be lacking any of that :rofl:

Splooge
10-31-2007, 04:36 PM
:drama:

ShelbyMopar
10-31-2007, 04:47 PM

:rofl: :clap:

Graham_A_M
10-31-2007, 06:01 PM
^ I second that on the MX3 thing.... a 1.8L V6? WHY?:rofl:

I remember seeing this sticker on the back of a guys half ton that said

"too all the guys that drive Precidia's, Sunfire's and Tercels.....
YOU GO GIRL!!!"

Fucking hilarious... I couldn't stop laughing. :thumbsup:

Maddog55
10-31-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

No kidding, when's the last time you heard a news story about a crazed collie, poodle, lab, chi-wa-wa (lol, I can't spell that right now and didn't want to write "tacobell dog".", st. bernard, neufie, shitzu, husky, etc. etc. etc. tearing a person apart?

Way to jump to conclusion

The most horrifying example of the lack of breed predictability is the October 2000 death of a 6-week-old baby, which was killed by her family's Pomeranian dog. The average weight of a Pomeranian is about 4 pounds, and they are not thought of as a dangerous breed. Note, however, that they were bred to be watchdogs! The baby's uncle left the infant and the dog on a bed while the uncle prepared her bottle in the kitchen. Upon his return, the dog was mauling the baby, who died shortly afterwards. ("Baby Girl Killed by Family Dog," Los Angeles Times, Monday, October 9, 2000, Home Edition, Metro Section, Page B-5.)
My point is..any dog can be trained to be vicious.

Yes Pit Bulls and Rotty's account for more attacks than other breeds..but I'm so sick to death of ppl thinking that EVERY single one of these dogs are maulers and killers.

Ever think that the REASON there's so many deaths and attacks, is because ppl that WANT a killer dog are going to buy and TRAIN these dogs to attack.

German Shepards account for HUGE numbers of attacks. But no one could care less when a GS bites the mailman. A pitty bites someone and all of a sudden its nationwide news.

I've known many pit owners who are responsible and never a problem. I've owned our pit bull for 9 years. She's never bitten anyone, my infant son would play beside her, pull her hair, lip and even grab her tail. But give my dog to stupid owners and it would be a different story.

My tenants in my rental house have 3 pure bred Pitty's...and they're the most well behaved dogs I've ever seen. I'd much rather have them in my rental house than kids.

Fuckin paranoia and ignorant media blows things way out of proportion.

rmk
10-31-2007, 06:36 PM
Where I live the majority of people walking pitbulls are trash. Truly a terrible breed of animal.

rmk
10-31-2007, 06:40 PM
and by majority, I mean all.

Maddog55
10-31-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Where I live the majority of people walking pitbulls are trash. Truly a terrible breed of animal.

You need to move out of Forest Lawn then :rofl:

I wouldn't want to live where the majority of people are trash!

rmk
10-31-2007, 06:47 PM
Haha, not quite Forest Lawn.... another eclectic part of Calgary.

SOAB
10-31-2007, 06:58 PM
bowness?? haha.

rmk
10-31-2007, 07:02 PM
lol

Mission area.

silver_gs-R
10-31-2007, 07:05 PM

for one... F-c-i-n- OWNED.

for two, very sad story, and these pitbull owners really need to learn for to take care of their dumbass dogs. we keep hearing more and more about pitbull atacks, when is it gonna end.

very sad story indeed.

ninjak84
10-31-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Intent_Fire
The father was nearly attacked by the dogs but managed to climb a tree and call 911 on his cell phone.

I LOL'd