PDA

View Full Version : Fogging Oil

dazzdillinger
10-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Hey guys,

My bros altima is going into long term storage. 1 year. It is relatively new and selling it is not an option since he will loose a bundle.

Any one ever used fogging oil? It's an aerosol oil that you spray intop the combustion chamber so that it prevents rust from building up in there.

My problem is that, Canadian tire has like four different brands and the instruction on all of them says that you have to spray the oil through the carburators or remove sparks plugs and spray into chambers, then manually bar engine over.

First of all, what modern car runs on carbs? Secondly, i do not want to remove plugs and etc. So can i simply spray it into the throttle body? Anyone with experience on fuel injected engine please.

Schwa
10-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Follow the instructions. Obviously this oil sticks to the surface of whatever it is being sprayed on, which is why they want you to remove the plugs.

If you sprayed into the TB my guess is that you'd probably just coat the TB.

How hard is it to remove spark plugs? Just make sure you torque them back in correctly.

Spoons
10-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Yeah you just sound lazy dude... it takes all of two seconds to remove spark plugs.