PDA

View Full Version : Calgary BJJ

ecstream
10-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Does anybody here train with Gracie Barra Calgary? I'm looking to train in BJJ soon and heard good things about Josh Russell himself but have not heard much on the school.

I was also looking at BDB because I heard amazing things about Brian and his school but am considering Gracie Barra because I want to focus only on BJJ for now and they have more BJJ classes that I could make during the week.

I know there's a few people here that go to BDB and have had nothing but good things to say. I plan to do a couple trial classes at each place but would also like some opinions from others that tried the 2 places before I step on the mat.

badlivertt
01-08-2008, 01:31 PM
GBC is a great place for BJJ (and MMA on certain nights).

Josh is an excellent teacher. I haven't met a single asshole in the whole club.

1-Bar
01-08-2008, 03:26 PM
BDB for me :thumbsup: Most people are great and don't kick your ass the first time around, if they do they give you tips at the end so the next session won't be so bad lol.....

Went yesterday, class was packed....I guess its New Year's phenomena once again....

Fighters Nation
01-09-2008, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by ecstream
Does anybody here train with Gracie Barra Calgary? I'm looking to train in BJJ soon and heard good things about Josh Russell himself but have not heard much on the school.

I was also looking at BDB because I heard amazing things about Brian and his school but am considering Gracie Barra because I want to focus only on BJJ for now and they have more BJJ classes that I could make during the week.

I know there's a few people here that go to BDB and have had nothing but good things to say. I plan to do a couple trial classes at each place but would also like some opinions from others that tried the 2 places before I step on the mat.

Hi,

You should come by and check out Fighters Nation's new MMA training Facility at GOLD's GYM Northgate. The entire gym is over 33,000 sqft and has all brand new equipment, we have just re-constructied the MMA section, and done some amazing things with it. We have very competative rates, which include a natioal Gold's gym membership along with the full MMA program.

If you are looking for a BJJ instructor, we have the best in Canada teaching at our facility and him being the only 3rd degree BJJ black belt instuctor in the country. His name is Anderson Goncalves, he is from brazil and formaly the trainer of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Tito Ortiz. He was recently offerd the job as the BJJ under coach for Rampage's team on the Ultimate Fighters newest season.

If you are interested and would like more infromation on this please contact me - [email protected], or call FN's PR Director Kris LaBelle(former KOTC tv announcer and promotor) at 403.617.2244.

Good luck.!

nj2Type-S
01-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
BDB for me :thumbsup: Most people are great and don't kick your ass the first time around, if they do they give you tips at the end so the next session won't be so bad lol.....

Went yesterday, class was packed....I guess its New Year's phenomena once again....

lol, did you go for the muay thai or hte bjj class?

1-Bar
01-09-2008, 03:01 PM
bjj classes....probably muay thai next month :thumbsup:

nj2Type-S
01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
sweet. i asked cuz muay thai classes are usually PACKED on weekdays but totally dead on saturdays, lol.