PDA

View Full Version : I found my new favorite sushi place.

FallenAngel
07-13-2003, 12:54 PM
Sushi Towa
4 St and 22 Ave SW.

(NOT to be confused with Sushi Kawa, which is a few doors down)

Newly opened restaurant, apparantly by the same owners as Sushi Boat in Crowfoot. Very contemporary decor obviously geared towards people that have never been in a Japanese restaurant before.

Don't be fooled by the fact that the waitresses are either Cantonese or Caucasian. The sushi there is probably the best I've ever had. Period.

Think about sushi 2-3 bigger than the ones that you normally get in a restaurant. You need to finish each piece with two bites. This only applies to the Nigiri-style sushi (the one with the fish on top, and the rice ball underneath). The fish is fresh, tasty, and expertly prepared.

WARNING: Do NOT order anything other than sushi. The rest of the portions are on the smallish side with prices that are almost laughable. The sushi-pizza, however, is a very interesting piece and might be worth checking out.

RSeXy
07-13-2003, 04:36 PM
I have alwasy driven by that place and headed to Sushi Kawa instead, but mebbe it is worth checking out?? I usually am reluctant to try another restaurant once i have found one that I really enjoy.

Sakana Grill has always been a favorite, I have never been let down due to their service/quality/presentation. I did see the sushi pizza, a little too much raw fish for me.

Ferio_vti
07-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Hmm, heard about this place before, in a FFWD review I think.
How are the prices?? Reasonable for the size??

imprezive
07-14-2003, 09:59 AM
a family friend owns that place.
you pay for what you get. the portion is huge!!! i cant even finish the sushi deluxe (i think thats what its called), and I'm a big eater. Very nice place i must say.
But i dont think its gonna compare to all the restaurants Im gonna go to when i head up to japan this fall!!! :)

RC-Cola
07-14-2003, 11:04 AM
I went there for lunch about a month ago just after they opened. I have to say I wasn't all that impressed. The service REALLY slow and they got our order wrong, twice.

Maybe I have to give it another shot now that it's been opened for a while. It's too bad because my girlfriend and I go to Sushi Boat in Crowfoot at least once a week.

Superesc
07-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by RC-Cola
I went there for lunch about a month ago just after they opened. I have to say I wasn't all that impressed. The service REALLY slow and they got our order wrong, twice.

Had kinda the same experience, really big pieces for sure, but I think it also depends on which waitress you got...

B17a
07-14-2003, 11:57 AM
Wow! I'm gonna be all over this like a.......well a fat guy on big sushi! :rofl: