PDA

View Full Version : Want to borrow: Angled 10mm wrench

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-31-2007, 08:58 AM
Looking to borrow an angled 10mm wrench to do a b-series valve adjustment. If anyone has one I can borrow, or if anyone can help me do it, I would appreciate it. I can buy beer, or pizza, or we can work something out. I'd like to get this done before saturday, so friday would be preferable. TIA

http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/valveadjust/pics/dsc00003.jpg

Looking for that.

http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/valveadjust/valveadjust.php

To do that.

Thanks everyone!

QuasarCav
10-31-2007, 09:08 AM
You can do the VA without an angled wrench.

You can also make one for about 7 dollars, heat it up on the oven if you have to.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-31-2007, 09:10 AM
Unfortunately they like to break on me without heating them up haha. Just from basic use aha.

How do you do it w/o an angled one? Your actually just the guy I wanted to hear from. I remember you posting a few months back on how easy it is, and how it should be done by oneself. Think you'd be able to help out? Or be able to give out any advice?

Dooms_Bane
10-31-2007, 09:22 AM
i think i watched my friend do it. just slipped the filler gauge in and out... used a normal wrench which completly worked and had my turn the screw. looked pretty easy.
cuz we heard some weird knocking and he thought it was the rockers? i donno beats me LOL he's the mechanic not me i just turned it until he said stop hahaha did them all in about 5 10 minutes?

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Well I have the feeler, but apparently it's difficult to get at the lock nut. I'm also kind of paranoid about doing it myself, which is why I'm asking if anyone is willing to help, preferable with experience. I'm fine with DIY's and such, but when it comes to the engine itself, I start getting cautious.

QuasarCav
10-31-2007, 09:56 AM
If you are located near the SW I can help you on Saturday.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-31-2007, 09:57 AM
I can drive to the SW, I'm pretty desperate here. What time on saturday are you available? I'm *hoping* to tune that day around the afternoon, and I might be working that day, so I might be SOL...

Dooms_Bane
10-31-2007, 09:58 AM
ya it's pretty nasty. it's all in the feel that filler gauge is like.. pretty ass thin haha i still remember my friend flipping out on these "imaginary" noises.
but good luck sir! it looks fairly easy.. when he did it

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-01-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
If you are located near the SW I can help you on Saturday.

Hey I pm'ed you earlier, don't know if you got it. Anyways, my sat is free ALL day now. So if you still don't mind helping me out =)

frozenrice
11-01-2007, 04:49 PM
I think the valve adjustment is supposed to be done with the car cold. I'm not sure if you'll want to drive it before getting it done.
I have a normal combination wrench and the closed end has enough of an angle on it to do the job.

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-01-2007, 06:08 PM
I'd still like some help. And yea, I know it's supposed to be done cold, so after I drove, it'd have to cool down :thumbsdow

frozenrice
11-01-2007, 06:17 PM
I'd give you a hand but I suck at valve adjustments. I've only done it twice and I wasn't happy both times.

TomcoPDR
11-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Can you get away from using a 10mm crowfoot, with a long extension and rachet?

danlowteg
11-01-2007, 09:21 PM
I have a valve adjustment tool. Just a deep 10mm welded onto a wrench and and custom screw driver. Works wonders! If your gonna hit up frozenrice for the weekend i will be around him to get my truck

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
I'd give you a hand but I suck at valve adjustments. I've only done it twice and I wasn't happy both times.

I think quasarcav is going to drop by sat afternoon. I really appreciate the offer though. You can drop by if you want, but I live in the NE

Originally posted by danlowteg
I have a valve adjustment tool. Just a deep 10mm welded onto a wrench and and custom screw driver. Works wonders! If your gonna hit up frozenrice for the weekend i will be around him to get my truck

Is it the 10mm deep socket welded onto the 5/8" wrench?

danlowteg
11-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

I think quasarcav is going to drop by sat afternoon. I really appreciate the offer though. You can drop by if you want, but I live in the NE

Is it the 10mm deep socket welded onto the 5/8+ACY-quot; wrench?

indeed i also got a 12 welded to a wrench as well for non vtec guys