PDA

View Full Version : do they get their stuff from ebay? and sells it to us?

jbabante
10-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Make this story short... Went to a respective performance shop and bought aftermarket headlights. Paid $480 and i was happy... a week after, my friends friend gets a package from ebay and paid 70bucks! plus 20 shipping with the same exact headlights. The weirdest part is the PACKAGING, the box (plain white with a stamp), the styrophome inside (both gray), the tape for packaging... EXACTLY THE SAME... When u go to this shops and they ask u where u get your parts? and If you response ebay, they start nodding with disappointment. Most people trash talks ebay, but freak i rather pay $90 than $480 with a company reciept for the same, exact product... I'm not accusing anyone yet, this could just be a great big coinsidence...

QX498
10-31-2007, 11:32 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

KRyn
10-31-2007, 11:36 AM
So the $1.00 packaging they came in was exactly the same but you can't be sure if the products are the same...? You should get your facts straight before you open your mouth and make an accusation like this. Just because two things look the same and come in the same cheap packaging doesn't mean they are the same. Generally speaking you get what you pay for, my guess is that your cheap friend's cheap ebay headlights are not going to fit as well or perform/last as they are said to.

Just my $0.02 though.

Evro
10-31-2007, 11:38 AM
^^^
I'm sure a quick look over the headlights and you would be able to see whether they were the same or not - but if paying lots for your parts makes you feel like a big man go nuts

jbabante
10-31-2007, 11:39 AM
where u reading my post with ur eyes open? i clearly state " with the exact headlights"! meaning "exact"=identical...

KRyn
10-31-2007, 11:41 AM
It's ebay chances are they are some cheap knock offs is what I am getting at.

jbabante
10-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Ok my appology, it might just be a big coinsidence.. i'm shutting my mouth now and deleting this thread... :closed:

JRSC00LUDE
10-31-2007, 11:45 AM
That's true, but the OP kind of has a point about shops not wanting to hear you got stuff from ebay and getting pissed at you for saving money.

When I was looking for my clutch/flywheel I checked a shop here and they wanted just over 600 for the combo but I wasn't ready to order it yet. A few months later when I was ready they wanted $800 plus taxes and shipping. I said I could get it off the net myself for under $500 all in and last time I came in their price was around $600. I was willing to give them up to $150 of latitude to support the shop but they couldn't (or wouldn't) budge. So what do you expect? I'm not going to give you 40%
more cash out of the goodness of my heart asshat.

Then I get shit from them later because they saw my car at another shop for something else. A specialty shop that I've been doing business at since before this one even opened. What's up with that? Business that can't adapt fails.

jbabante
10-31-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Evro
^^^
I'm sure a quick look over the headlights and you would be able to see whether they were the same or not - but if paying lots for your parts makes you feel like a big man go nuts

its not feeling like a big man buddy, just trying to be a smart shopper like every smart asses in town.. thread close! :closed:

.civictyper.
10-31-2007, 11:47 AM
i feel for you man, It pays to do your homework, im curious , what shop did you get these lights from?

canuckcarguy
10-31-2007, 12:14 PM
Hey, a bunch of suppliers get their parts from the same source. Why does it seem unlikely that the ebay lights are any worse than the other ones? I mean, we're not comparing OEM to aftermarket - they're both aftermarket.

The ebay sellers often work out of a home or storage unit, deal in volume, and don't have the crazy markup. Sometimes, they drop ship, meaning they don't actually have any inventory costs, so they can work at super-low margins.

I've bought tons of ebay stuff, if you're careful, you can get great deals. And, in this case, if the lights appear to be identical, and they fit / work okay, would it even matter if they were marginally lower quality? At that price, he can buy spares.

slowep3
10-31-2007, 12:19 PM
serves ya right for buying crappy aftermarket head lights

jbabante
10-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by slowep3

so you are making a statement, that all aftermarket parts are crappy? or u just forgot to take ur pills this morning, u retard.

Jlude
10-31-2007, 01:22 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

I :love: Beyond

bobby_lu
10-31-2007, 01:27 PM
Other than ebay, there are alot of places to get good oem and aftermarket parts and huge discounts over local dealers/auto shops.

megavolt
10-31-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by bobby_lu
Other than ebay, there are alot of places to get good oem and aftermarket parts and huge discounts over local dealers/auto shops.

Like? (Looking for headlights) :D

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-31-2007, 02:27 PM
This thread cheered me up.

Where did you get your lights from? Can you take a pic of yours next to the ebay ones?

I have ebay ones... They look exactly the same as the Denji (or w/e the brand they're a knock off of). I payed $60 for em. Glad I saved the money

3g4u
10-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Its a business and they try to make money as busnisses do, next time before you drop half a grand on any part do some homework and see what other stores are charging for the same merchandise, i know i do.:thumbsup:

TE4MFaint
10-31-2007, 02:44 PM
Why spend $500 on headlights anyways? Yeesh. Money better well spent elsewhere thats for sure.

A lot of smaller automotive part shops purchase their products from the same supplier as most ebay sellers.

Take this into consideration:

I bought lowering springs for my previous 92 Celica GTS, Megan Racing. Cost me $250.
Checked on ebay, were selling for $99 + $30 shipping.

Life moves on.
Since its only been a week just return them.
If you cant, too bad, nice $500 lights you have there.

Impreza
10-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Do you drive a cavalier? a sunfire? or a neon?

TE4MFaint
10-31-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
Do you drive a cavalier? a sunfire? or a neon?

Well judging by his profile saying:

Interests: pimpin'rides

And his friend owning the same car..I'm gonna guess Cavalier. :poosie:

Spoons
10-31-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by slowep3

Do you EVER read posts?

jbabante
10-31-2007, 04:51 PM
well its says "interest" buddy, not my whole biography, or not even an occupation. "i am interested in pimpin cars" NOT "My life is pimpin cars" .. and its a beemer, idiot.

jbabante
10-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by TE4MFaint

Well judging by his profile saying:

And his friend owning the same car..I'm gonna guess Cavalier. :poosie:

medicine hat? u guys drive cars there? idiot.

GTS Jeff
10-31-2007, 04:59 PM
For that kind of coin, I hope you bought HID projector retrofits...

TE4MFaint
10-31-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by jbabante

medicine hat? u guys drive cars there? idiot.

Is this a serious question?

Goes to show how much knowledge the BMW owner community has...

:bigpimp:

jbabante
10-31-2007, 05:01 PM
i know its kinda pricy on my end, and i did look around, its just bmw parts are expensive.

TE4MFaint
10-31-2007, 05:04 PM
Are these your awesome expensive headlights here?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/92-98-BMW-E36-4DR-HALO-LED-BLACK-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS_W0QQitemZ200167182548QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33710QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Brutal purchase, no matter what the cost.

jbabante
10-31-2007, 05:11 PM

Is this a serious question?

Goes to show how much knowledge the BMW owner community has...

:bigpimp:

well u assume i drive a cavalier. and i assume u have horses instead.

jbabante
10-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Are these your awesome expensive headlights here?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/92-98-BMW-E36-4DR-HALO-LED-BLACK-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS_W0QQitemZ200167182548QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33710QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Brutal purchase, no matter what the cost.

fyi its a two piece... and no halo :D oemstyle... i'll show u when i finish installin them...

GTS Jeff
10-31-2007, 05:21 PM
haha ouch. A fool and his money are easily parted.

Weapon_R
10-31-2007, 05:26 PM
Wow...you had a great opportunity to pick up some aftermarket HID Depos, or even a set of Depos with angel eyes if thats what you like, and you settled for those?? :eek:

Hakkola
10-31-2007, 05:29 PM
well its says "interest" buddy, not my whole biography, or not even an occupation. "i am interested in pimpin cars" NOT "My life is pimpin cars" and its a beemer, idiot.

FYI - Beemer is a bmw bike, Bimmer is the car.

jbabante
10-31-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Wow...you had a great opportunity to pick up some aftermarket HID Depos, or even a set of Depos with angel eyes if thats what you like, and you settled for those?? :eek:

who says i got those? i was demanding depos when i was at that shop but they were saying its not street legal. And told the them i wanna keep it stock so no angel eyes just wanna replace my busted headlight. but HOLLIEE...

jbabante
10-31-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

FYI - Beemer is a bmw bike, Bimmer is the car.

wait... wait... PASS that shiet... !!!

n1zm0
10-31-2007, 05:42 PM
500$ is ridiculous for headlights imo, you might as well go and buy oem from the dealership for that price. 500$ should've gone to HID retrofitted into the stockers.

jbabante
10-31-2007, 05:54 PM
yup its 500 dollars. i wish i can take back time and erase my purchased, nevertheless that was not the point of the thread. Simply what the titile says...

GTS Jeff
10-31-2007, 08:24 PM

wait... wait... PASS that shiet... !!! You're an idiot. Shut up. Stop posting.

01RedDX
10-31-2007, 08:34 PM

TomcoPDR
10-31-2007, 08:35 PM
.. and its a beemer, idiot.

Makes sense the reason for this thread.

Anyways, if you want our opinions, try posting some pics of the box and bulbs. You've never stated the brand of your and your friend's bulbs.

What's the next upgrade? M3 side mirrors.

jbabante
10-31-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You're an idiot. Shut up. Stop posting.

why are u so bothered? don't u have anything good to do, but to trash talk people here on beyond... have a life idiot!

bobby_lu
10-31-2007, 08:40 PM
If youre looking for bmw parts, check out bavauto.com, bekkers.com etc.

KRyn
10-31-2007, 08:42 PM
Jeff gets off on putting newbs like you in your places. It's his thing.

GTS Jeff
10-31-2007, 08:48 PM

why are u so bothered? don't u have anything good to do, but to trash talk people here on beyond... have a life idiot! Hey buddy, you can say whatever you want to me, as long as you keep getting ripped off.

See, if you make fun of GTS Jeff for no reason, the rest of the world will fuck you over!! Karma works!

FiveFreshFish
10-31-2007, 08:56 PM
Wow. $480 vs. $90 for the identical item.

Best deals I found are about half of retail price as far as car parts go.

jbabante
10-31-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey buddy, you can say whatever you want to me, as long as you keep getting ripped off.

See, if you make fun of GTS Jeff for no reason, the rest of the world will fuck you over!! Karma works!

are you the chosen one? unvelievable, my appology for steppin in your WORLD here on beyond.

simple question to start this thread, and get slammed by unrelated topics... please close this thread it became pointless. i'm out :closed:

gpomp
10-31-2007, 09:03 PM

are you the chosen one? unvelievable, my appology for steppin in your WORLD here on beyond.

simple question to start this thread, and get slammed by unrelated topics... please close this thread it became pointless. i'm out :closed: i don't think you have the ability to close threads

GTS Jeff
10-31-2007, 09:13 PM

simple question to start this thread, and get slammed by unrelated topics... please close this thread it became pointless. i'm out :closed: Have fun getting ripped off in the future, troll.

Jayson
10-31-2007, 09:24 PM
hhahahahahaha this thread is hilarious...

oh and jbabante :english:, idiot

Not every person on here who posted was insulting you so Learn how to read english too, idiot

Strider
10-31-2007, 09:32 PM
You guys are all forgetting one key thing.. guy's not stupid, he drives a BMW!

Lex350
10-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
It's ebay chances are they are some cheap knock offs is what I am getting at.

or stolen

DonJuan
10-31-2007, 10:01 PM
i know its kinda pricy on my end, and i did look around, its just bmw parts are expensive.

not so expensive on Ebay:rofl:

jdm_eg6
10-31-2007, 10:03 PM
there are alot of parts like that... Where Brand A which is poor'er(sp?) quality than Brand B, where brand A is in a store and brand B is online..... A=100.00 dollers and B= 35.00 Go for it... see what happens it doesnt hurt at all... Just be carefull with some parts which you can easily get poor quality reproductions.

97'Scort
10-31-2007, 11:27 PM
The fact that you can order the OEM style DEPO's for $150 a side from a good source escaped you? For the price you paid, I got the DEPO's with the best 6000k HIDs I could get my hands on.

Hell, you could have got the ZKW's for that much. And anyone who tells you (especially since you're probably making it up) that DEPO lights aren't "street legal" doesn't know anything, period. Glass lens vs. plastic lens. That's the only difference.

I keep hoping that we get the odd 'newbie' BMW owner on here that doesn't fulfill the stereotype but so far, nope.

QX498
11-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Have fun getting ripped off in the future, troll.

hmm
anyone that insults you, or steps on your breeding ground of beyond, makes them "a troll".
Get a life.

GTS Jeff
11-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by QX498

hmm
anyone that insults you, or steps on your breeding ground of beyond, makes them "a troll".
Get a life. LOL nope. Anyone who wastes a whole thread insulting people giving him good advice is a troll. So what if some of the posts are harsh. You gotta take the bad with the good. If jbabante weren't a troll, he would probably be eating some humble pie right now, rather than flaunting his "beemer."

And who the fuck are you? You're telling me to get a life with 12 posts per day? What is this, your 12th banned account now? I see you worked your way around the IP ban. :rofl: TylerNation just doesn't give up eh? You're like the fat kid that keeps trying to sneak back into the party that he's always kicked out of.

QX498
11-01-2007, 12:39 AM
LOL nope. Anyone who wastes a whole thread insulting people giving him good advice is a troll. So what if some of the posts are harsh. You gotta take the bad with the good. If jbabante weren't a troll, he would probably be eating some humble pie right now, rather than flaunting his "beemer."

And who the fuck are you? You're telling me to get a life with 12 posts per day? What is this, your 12th banned account now? I see you worked your way around the IP ban. :rofl: TylerNation just doesn't give up eh? You're like the fat kid that keeps trying to sneak back into the party that he's always kicked out of.

buddy you know you're cool when.
Grow up, you're what, 23 and beyond is your life. There's got to be so much more to to the world than trashing anyone that has an opinion or who disagrees with you. I ask, who the fuck are you to think you're God? You're like the nerd in highschool, whose King Shit on the internet.

randedge
11-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Anyone who wastes a whole thread insulting people giving him good advice is a troll.

With all due respect, I don't think anyone would respond positively to the following remarks. Good advice as though they may be, they were quite condescending.

"if paying lots for your parts makes you feel like a big man go nuts"

"serves ya right for buying crappy aftermarket head lights"

"Do you drive a cavalier? a sunfire? or a neon?"

"his friend owning the same car..I'm gonna guess Cavalier"

"A fool and his money are easily parted."

" You're an idiot. Shut up. Stop posting."

So anyway, from the impression I got from this thread, I don't particularly like this thread starter and his other posts. Also, mods probably have a good idea of who this poster is because they can view IP's. He could very well be a troll.

A troll he may be, but it sounds too that he's more like he's a NooB but won't admit to it because previous experience being an eThug.

So that said, what did everyone expect facing such responses from a reasonable question "Do shops buy stuff from ebay and mark it up to sell locally?"
Not to react? To be a good sport and take all the insults in the ass because it was thrown by more experienced beyonders?

Not my place, not my thread, and not really my concern either way, but there is a lot of forum elitism going on all because of post count status.

GTS Jeff
11-01-2007, 12:48 AM

buddy you know you're cool when.
Grow up, you're what, 23 and beyond is your life. There's got to be so much more to to the world than trashing anyone that has an opinion or who disagrees with you. I ask, who the fuck are you to think you're God? You're like the nerd in highschool, whose King Shit on the internet. Again, says the guy has 12 posts per day and can't stop making accounts after he's been banned over and over again.

What's funny is that you're just a pussy you need your boyfriend to post your overpriced shit for sale:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/195859/fs-1997-infiniti-qx4/

I'm not just kingshit here, in real life, I'd use you and your emo haircut to mop the floors.

You know what's really funny? I wouldn't be trashing all your for sale threads if you weren't such a tool.

QX498
11-01-2007, 12:55 AM
meh all you are is talk.
Thats all you do is talk. Your life is talk. You live on beyond. Your 23 and you're doing 5 posts a day... you're fucking lamer than your 5'5 height size.
I'm emo? AWESOME! As a wise man once said, "you know you're losing an argument if you attack the person and not the argument." And my argument is simple... if someone challenges your opinion you thrash them. Grow the fuck up... and no, not today am I talking about your pubescent growth, you're maturity growth, Mr. GTSJeff.

KRyn
11-01-2007, 01:05 AM
"you know you're losing an argument if you attack the person and not the argument."

What wise man said that shit, because damn does that read like shit. Generally speaking to be considered a wise man you need to have some education & and intelligence. Two things that you my friend appear to be lacking and GTS Jeff has plenty of.

You shouldn't play with fire because you are going to get burned. I would like to think that you would have noticed by now that most of the people that talk trash on this forum do so very poorly. There are only a handful of people here that are able to string together an almost coherent sentence. Unfortunately you are not one of them. I suggest you shut up to stop your self from taking any further verbal beatings.

cmodem
11-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
The fact that you can order the OEM style DEPO's for $150 a side from a good source escaped you? For the price you paid, I got the DEPO's with the best 6000k HIDs I could get my hands on.

Hell, you could have got the ZKW's for that much. And anyone who tells you (especially since you're probably making it up) that DEPO lights aren't "street legal" doesn't know anything, period. Glass lens vs. plastic lens. That's the only difference.

I keep hoping that we get the odd 'newbie' BMW owner on here that doesn't fulfill the stereotype but so far, nope.

:werd: when i first read this i'm like this guy better not be another newb bimmer owner. Man with the canadian dollar so strong just go and order freaking zkws for 400 from umnitza.

Mr_John
11-01-2007, 01:40 AM

:rofl:
Winner.

hondapower
11-01-2007, 02:59 AM
:clap:

Eleanor
11-01-2007, 08:20 AM
meh all you are is talk.
Thats all you do is talk. Your life is talk. You live on beyond. Your 23 and you're doing 5 posts a day... you're fucking lamer than your 5'5 height size.
I'm emo? AWESOME! As a wise man once said, "you know you're losing an argument if you attack the person and not the argument." And my argument is simple... if someone challenges your opinion you thrash them. Grow the fuck up... and no, not today am I talking about your pubescent growth, you're maturity growth, Mr. GTSJeff.

Anyone else find this really ironic? :rofl: and GTS_Jeff gets another n00b banned :rofl:

HondaRice
11-01-2007, 12:49 PM
500 dollars for lights? wow a lot of money in this city.

if i had an extra 500 i would import more sony elecontrics and resell them then put food on the table.

i

DonJuan
11-01-2007, 10:54 PM
As a wise man once said, "you know you're losing an argument if you attack the person and not the argument

Dude, that sounds like you came up with that.

How many times do you want to get pwn3d and banned in the same thread? Some sort of record you goin for?

GTS Jeff
11-02-2007, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by DonJuan

Dude, that sounds like you came up with that.

How many times do you want to get pwn3d and banned in the same thread? Some sort of record you goin for? What's funny is that he'll make another account and come back for more. As a wise man once said, "you know you're a loser when you keep coming back to a forum that you've been banned from 12 times."

BTW, like my new avatar?? ;) :D

HereThere
11-02-2007, 02:52 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

ex1z7
11-02-2007, 03:05 AM

BTW, like my new avatar?? ;) :D

Now, without knowing any of the story behind all this .. That looks like one of the guys that Jeffery Dahmer fondled and raped then murdered.

GTS Jeff
11-02-2007, 10:35 AM
What's funny is that he'll make another account and come back for more. As a wise man once said, "you know you're a loser when you keep coming back to a forum that you've been banned from 12 times."

Originally posted by HereThere
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

haha did I call that or what? I guess he's also been creeping my facebook for pics. :rofl:

DonJuan
11-02-2007, 11:00 AM
^ OMG, he must be a slave for punishment.

Whats your avatar of BTW Jeff?

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-02-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm guessing it's a "good" pic of Tyler?

GTS Jeff
11-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
I'm guessing it's a "good" pic of Tyler? Ding Ding Ding!

slowep3
11-02-2007, 01:20 PM
fat kids like cake:clap:

stevo 27
11-02-2007, 01:28 PM
one quick question how many people
have you gotten banned jeff? lol

GTS Jeff
11-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by stevo 27
one quick question how many people
have you gotten banned jeff? lol Mainly TNation over and over again. I don't think he really understands that he's a running joke on this forum now. Actually, he'll probably read this very post and still not understand. Oh well...our laughter is at his expense...

nikka
11-02-2007, 05:46 PM
GTS Jeff....

you are my beyond.ca hero

:love:

stevo 27
11-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Mainly TNation over and over again. I don't think he really understands that he's a running joke on this forum now. Actually, he'll probably read this very post and still not understand. Oh well...our laughter is at his expense...

one more is "tnation" the one every rips on for selling the fake m3 lol

cause that's the only person i can think of that's had 1xx diffrent accounts

Spoons
11-03-2007, 12:08 AM

haha did I call that or what? I guess he's also been creeping my facebook for pics. :rofl:

I take it the picture on herethere was of you? In that case he lost the battle himself. You have a picture of Tnation, which, well he looks like an emo fagget. Now on the other hand there is you with a very beautiful girl... I wonder who wins?

GTS Jeff
11-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

I take it the picture on herethere was of you? In that case he lost the battle himself. You have a picture of Tnation, which, well he looks like an emo fagget. Now on the other hand there is you with a very beautiful girl... I wonder who wins? Haha thanks...maybe that's why TNation creeps on my facebook.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Shit, I missed the end of this thread, I wondered WTF was in Jeff's avatar! Gold, man, gold! :rofl:

TE4MFaint
11-03-2007, 03:16 PM
All this from one silly slut
buying $500 headlights

:rofl:

A790
11-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Fuck that's hilarious. TNation gets pwned (yet again).

A glutton for punishment. He's probably one of those narcissistic people that doesn't realize we're all laughing at him and not with him.