PDA

View Full Version : impact of US dollar on cars in Canada

alias
10-31-2007, 12:22 PM
ok guys i have been thinking about this one for a while. with the Canadian dollar now being stronger than the US....why are we still paying more??? and please dont respond with "there are more people purchasing cars in the states."

the reality is BMW USA is the same company as BMW Canada. yes they sell in different markets...however the gross sales go to the same company. as a canadian citizen this is disturbing to me. Why is it that a $100,000 vehicle is only 65-70k in the states.

not to mention financing the in the states is alot cheaper and easier.

Tik-Tok
10-31-2007, 12:25 PM
:repost: :repost: :repost: :repost: :repost: :repost: :repost: :repost: :repost: :repost: :repost: :repost: :repost: :repost:

Aleks
10-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by alias
ok guys i have been thinking about this one for a while. with the Canadian dollar now being stronger than the US....why are we still paying more??? and please dont respond with "there are more people purchasing cars in the states."

the reality is BMW USA is the same company as BMW Canada. yes they sell in different markets...however the gross sales go to the same company. as a canadian citizen this is disturbing to me. Why is it that a $100,000 vehicle is only 65-70k in the states.

not to mention financing the in the states is alot cheaper and easier.

If and when the $ tanks will you make a thread demanding BMW increase prices here?

As long as people are buying your product and you're happy with the ammount of sales why bother lowering the price? Last I checked you can go down to the states and import a new BMW. If everyone buying a new one did that BMW would most likely lower their prices in Canada...

alias
10-31-2007, 12:34 PM
if and when the dollar tanks i will NOT make a post about price adjustment and here is why....the prices are adjusted so that vehicles are in most cases 30% more than US ones. so even when the dollar bounces back pricing will be at par. i am talking about right now. if this was a repost than i applogize i am not on here everyday just once in a while.

i did speak to a mercedes dealership in bc and they said that they are reviewing this by a case by case basis. whether or not there will be any price adjustments is a whole other story.

as for importing this is definately an option.

Thaco
10-31-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by alias
if and when the dollar tanks i will NOT make a post about price adjustment and here is why....the prices are adjusted so that vehicles are in most cases 30% more than US ones. so even when the dollar bounces back pricing will be at par. i am talking about right now. if this was a repost than i applogize i am not on here everyday just once in a while.

i did speak to a mercedes dealership in bc and they said that they are reviewing this by a case by case basis. whether or not there will be any price adjustments is a whole other story.

as for importing this is definately an option. the real question is, why can you use the search function and find probably 20 threads on the same thing, some of which are like 500 posts long.