PDA

View Full Version : Civic Cluster stopped wrking **HELP**

Koondoon
10-31-2007, 08:35 PM
today i was driving and all of a sudden my speedo and water temp guages just stopped wrking ,

my gas guage seems to be wrking , as its still remains at its current postion.

my turn signal doesn't seem to be wrking either , its doesn't make a sound or light up on my guage . although my hazard lights wrk and when i press the button it "clicks" and displays on my guage ,werid

i checked 7.5amp fuse for the interior guage, seems fine . and my interior light still wrks

also when i turn the key to II postion it no longer displays check engine or the oil light , but still displays the battery icon

could it be the speed sensor , but that wouldnt cause my turn signals to stop wrking, right?

btw my cars a 1995 civic CX , 5speed if it makes a differnece

need to fix it before tmr morning kinda hard driving around downtown without knowing how fast am travelling OR without turning signals

any help would be appricated , thanks

GTS Jeff
10-31-2007, 08:51 PM
Check moar fuses!

Have you done anything with the interior wiring? Stereo install? Aftermarket gauge cluster? It sounds like a loose connector or a short somewhere. You might have to take apart the dash and go at it with a multimeter.

racin_jayson
10-31-2007, 08:59 PM
definetly sounds like something is shorted or a ground somewhere has become ungrounded.

Koondoon
10-31-2007, 10:18 PM
i installed a deck and sub/amp but that was a couple of weeks ago , and everything was and still wrks perfect .

checked most interior fuses that could possibly related to the cluster as well as the underhood fuses . all seem intact

where could the short possibly be ,
im not too fairmilary with taking aprt the dash . is it a difficult/time consuming procedure

s2k_boi
10-31-2007, 10:25 PM
it's probably a grouding issue from the install of your system, it can happen over time (ie. I had a alarm in the past that had bad grounding mess up after almost 2 yrs)

Koondoon
10-31-2007, 10:30 PM
did dissconnecting ur alarm resolve the porbelm?

GTS Jeff
10-31-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Koondoon
i installed a deck and sub/amp but that was a couple of weeks ago , and everything was and still wrks perfect . I bet that's related to your problem. Sometimes yanking on random wire harnesses back there can loosen shit up or cause a short to develop after awhile when vibrations work things loose.

You would be surprised at how wiring can be routed around the interior.

s2k_boi
11-01-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Koondoon
did dissconnecting ur alarm resolve the porbelm?

Yup, It wasn't the entire system per say. It was only like one of the wire in the alarm system causing it. Those stupid monkey's who installed it did a a terrible job. So try looking at your wiring again..... cause it's probably cause a fuse to blow potentially

Koondoon
11-01-2007, 05:00 PM
well i fixed the probelm , lol dun know exactly what it was . i got frustrated as i double checked all fuses and the wiring behind my deck but still no go.

so i just started jigglying a few wires by my fuse box and volia all my guages started wrking again ahaha

hopefully it won't go on me again ..