PDA

View Full Version : Promise Ring

adam c
11-01-2007, 12:52 AM
Too early for an engagement ring, but i wanted to get the gf something. We have talked about marrage and stuff but it's still kinda early to spend that kind of money on a ring.

can you guys recommend a good place to go for a nice ring? i wouldn't mind getting one custom made but if the ring looks good then i would get that aswell.. i've checked the normal places but nothing really looks appealing..

thanks

4wslude
11-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Jewels By Ilyas
tell him Salem sent you from quality care optical
hell hook you up pretty good, makes amazing custom stuff.
he made me a custom engagement ring saved me tons

JordanEG6
11-01-2007, 12:55 AM
ring pop :D

j/k ben moss maybe? they do custom rings

Jlude
11-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Go to Spence Diamonds and ask for Tyler...

Tell him James T sent you... NO, he's not going to sell you anything from Spence... he'll help you design something custom and save you some money.

pm me if you want more details.

Mangina
11-01-2007, 07:10 AM
Just keep feeding her the dick. It will keep her around longer than a stupid ring will.

$lick_rYz
11-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Jlude
Go to Spence Diamonds and ask for Tyler...

and while you are there tell them to please stop making those annoying radio commercials

+1 for Ben Moss

analbumcover
11-01-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Mangina
Just keep feeding her the dick. It will keep her around longer than a stupid ring will.

ROFL WTF

adidas
11-01-2007, 08:42 AM

LOOOL

urban.one
11-01-2007, 08:51 AM
Costco. If you dont want to spend money on an engagement ring now, why spend money on a custom made promise ring.
Costco has quality stuff and good prices and you can be assured you are getting exactly what you are paying for (and not getting lesser quality gold and diamonds than what you are being told.)

teggypimp95
11-01-2007, 08:54 AM
Spence is always good, but sometimes they are over priced and take a while for their ordering.

My gf and i got each other promise rings. And she got mine from Debearjs (sp) in market mall. Right across from foot locker and that crystal place.
The gold smith guy there is awesome. Very friendly and great service. I went to get my ring just cleaned up once, and instead he dipped it in platnum for me.

Melinda
11-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
And she got mine from Debji (sp) in market mall. Right across from foot locker and that crystal place.
That is where my husband got my engagement ring (I think it's called daberj's or something like that lol) and it's beautiful. He said nothing but great things about the service too.

We got hubby's wedding band from jewls by maxime's and although pricey, all of their stuff has a lifetime warrenty and it's incredible quality. My promise ring was bought at Mappin's, also great stuff there and nice staff (at least at the chinook and southcenter locations) and my wedding band was bought at people's. Nothing horrible to say about our experience there, but nothing over the top amazing either.

Good luck!

962 kid
11-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

That is where my husband got my engagement ring (I think it's called daberj's or something like that lol) and it's beautiful. He said nothing but great things about the service too.

We got hubby's wedding band from jewls by maxime's and although pricey, all of their stuff has a lifetime warrenty and it's incredible quality. My promise ring was bought at Mappin's, also great stuff there and nice staff (at least at the chinook and southcenter locations) and my wedding band was bought at people's. Nothing horrible to say about our experience there, but nothing over the top amazing either.

Good luck!

DeBearj's :) good friend of mine works there

msommers
11-01-2007, 09:58 AM

At first glance when I saw this quoted I saw Melinda's name there:rofl: :rofl: I thought wow that's a very out-there response

Mitsu3000gt
11-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Just please don't buy anything from that douche at Spence Diamonds. With beyond's support and a bit of luck, perhaps they will lose enough business to no longer have a budget for radio commercials.

jdmakkord
11-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Forget anything local. I just ordered from bluenile.ca amazing service. You pick the setting, the stone, they put it together and ship in 3 business days. Rings for any budget and way cheaper than Spence!

To give you an idea, the .62 CT stone I had picked out at spence was $3200 for the single diamond only!!! Through bluenile I selected the same color, clarity and cut only bigger at .68 and the stone was $1800

bspot
11-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Promise ring? Are you in highschool? Seriously...

abyss
11-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Why not start saving up for an engagement ring if you're not quite ready for that commitment yet? The end result will be a better, more expensive engagement ring for her and if she'll wait the relationship out for the bling then you know she's a keeper.

Get her a necklace or a nice pair of earrings if you're itching to spend money on her.

Sorry, I just have a personal hate-on for promise rings, it's like half a commitment IMO.

Irae
11-01-2007, 11:01 AM
DeBearj :thumbsup:

Excellent quality, great price and service was great.

rmk
11-01-2007, 11:04 AM

ROTFLMAO

jdmakkord
11-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by abyss
Why not start saving up for an engagement ring if you're not quite ready for that commitment yet? The end result will be a better, more expensive engagement ring for her and if she'll wait the relationship out for the bling then you know she's a keeper.

Get her a necklace or a nice pair of earrings if you're itching to spend money on her.

Sorry, I just have a personal hate-on for promise rings, it's like half a commitment IMO.

I got away with giving 2 promise rings before I bought the real deal:D

abyss
11-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

I got away with giving 2 promise rings before I bought the real deal:D

You bought rings for two separate girls with the intention of marrying them and that you're no longer with now. Giant waste of money if you ask me, I hope you got laid for it at least ;) You could've spent that money on something a lot better.

Jlude
11-01-2007, 12:14 PM

Sig material right there!!!!

jdmakkord
11-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by abyss

You bought rings for two separate girls with the intention of marrying them and that you're no longer with now. Giant waste of money if you ask me, I hope you got laid for it at least ;) You could've spent that money on something a lot better.

Nope, bought 2 different rings for the same girl with full intention of marrying her. I'll be engaged by this time next month, on a beach in the Bahamas. As for getting laid, yeah 61/2 years worth and still going :)

abyss
11-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Nope, bought 2 different rings for the same girl with full intention of marrying her. I'll be engaged by this time next month, on a beach in the Bahamas. As for getting laid, yeah 61/2 years worth and still going :)

haha fair enough, congrats btw!

what happens to the promise rings once she gets the engagement ring though? Unless she plans on using them to make a wedding ring or something, will she ever even wear them again?

:dunno:

eina15
11-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Ugh....not to offend anyone who actually has promise rings or has given them, but IMHO they are so ridiculous.

What "promise" are you making? That you will eventually marry them? That's what an engagement ring is for! And if you don't have the money for an e.ring, just start saving as previous posters have suggested.

Getting her a ring is fine, or some earrings or shit like that, but calling it a promise ring seems like you're in junior-high school and want to lay claim to your girlfriend without owning up or making any kind of actual commitment.

Just my opinion, tho.....

Mangina
11-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by eina15
Ugh....not to offend anyone who actually has promise rings or has given them, but IMHO they are so ridiculous.

What "promise" are you making? That you will eventually marry them? That's what an engagement ring is for! And if you don't have the money for an e.ring, just start saving as previous posters have suggested.

Getting her a ring is fine, or some earrings or shit like that, but calling it a promise ring seems like you're in junior-high school and want to lay claim to your girlfriend without owning up or making any kind of actual commitment.

Just my opinion, tho.....

Let me summarize your post if I may: They're for insecure faggots. Goodnight everybody!!

eina15
11-01-2007, 04:33 PM
^^

:rofl:

That's the term I was looking for.....thanks Mangina!

kaput
11-01-2007, 04:38 PM

Jlude
11-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by kaput
I think engagement rings are just as lame. If you want to mark her as your own just pee on her. Its such a waste of money, like valentines day et al. are made up by the card companies, women are conspiring to get as much as they can out of us. If you need to bribe her to stay with you with a ring then she probably isn't worth keeping.

You must be single?:rofl:

Majestic12
11-01-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm with the group that thinks promise rings are juvenile and silly.
But to each their own, I guess.

At least it isn't permanent, like getting a tattoo of her name on your ass or something.

ken-gsr
11-01-2007, 05:01 PM
uhhh

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/184158/overcoming-insecurities/

don't ask me why I remembered that...

In all honesty I would not bother. Especially if you don't know if you want to be with her forever.
I bought a girl a promise ring before and ended up by being a total waste of money. I think I spent about $300 at Ben Moss (pretty nice ring for someone in High School). Anyways we broke up because she ended up by being a crazy biotch (umm kinda like the one you described in that other thread).

Now that I have bought my fiancé the real deal and I look back to how cool I thought I was when I bought my ex the promise ring - I just think to myself 'wow what a dumbass'.

ken-gsr
11-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

Sig material right there!!!!

haha

Darkane
11-01-2007, 05:10 PM
I think engagement rings are just as lame. If you want to mark her as your own just pee on her. Its such a waste of money, like valentines day et al. are made up by the card companies, women are conspiring to get as much as they can out of us. If you need to bribe her to stay with you with a ring then she probably isn't worth keeping.

QFT!!

Why commercialized holidays, that's just another can of worms though :nut:

OP: Has she asked for a promise ring or hinted toward it? It could be her test to you.. Remember that.

frozenrice
11-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by ken-gsr
uhhh

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/184158/overcoming-insecurities/

don't ask me why I remembered that...

In all honesty I would not bother. Especially if you don't know if you want to be with her forever.
I bought a girl a promise ring before and ended up by being a total waste of money. I think I spent about $300 at Ben Moss (pretty nice ring for someone in High School). Anyways we broke up because she ended up by being a crazy biotch (umm kinda like the one you described in that other thread).

Now that I have bought my fiancé the real deal and I look back to how cool I thought I was when I bought my ex the promise ring - I just think to myself 'wow what a dumbass'.

haha, speaking from experience I have to agree. Like the cliche :"If you're only going to do a half-assed job don't bother doing it at all."

95EagleAWD
11-01-2007, 05:19 PM
I think engagement rings are just as lame. If you want to mark her as your own just pee on her.

Haahahahah!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

Aznstealth
11-01-2007, 05:42 PM
+1 for ben moss its not too bad
and they do pretty good custom jobs too

Supa Dexta
11-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by bspot
Promise ring? Are you in highschool? Seriously...

thats what I was thinking.. I had no idea ppl still bought these.. Last time I saw this was that episode of that 70's show... :rofl:

HybridTheory
11-01-2007, 10:55 PM
What makes a promise ring so special as compared to just a regular ring? If you wanna buy her a nice ring, just do that. I don't see the need to label it as a promise ring. Or like others have said just spend the money on some other kinda bling like nice earrings or a necklace.

DonJuan
11-02-2007, 12:59 AM
^ :werd:

I find women prefer the pearl necklace anyway.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And if that makes her mad give her the "one eyed pirate"
(blast off in her eye, and kick her in the shin) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Spoons
11-02-2007, 02:29 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bituerbo
11-02-2007, 04:01 PM
You had better still be in highschool.

Spoons
11-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by bituerbo
You had better still be in highschool.

I better hope he isn't. No matter what a promise ring will always mean something to them... game over is all I can say... game over.

adam c
11-03-2007, 12:31 AM
to each their own.,, anyways i didn't know what else to call it t
thanks to those who had decent input

loweg
11-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Go see Frank at the Karat Patch on richmond Road by the London Drugs just before Westhills. Great guy will get you anything you want! Prettymuch he will bend over backwards for his customers.

Make sure to see Frank the owner as his staff are typical Calgary staff :thumbsdow