PDA

View Full Version : Questrade users

EG STyLeZ
11-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Anyone out there using Questrade as a brokerage? I'm thinking about transfering my account over to them. What's good and bad about them?

liquid1010
11-01-2007, 02:41 PM
The Good:
- They're fairly cheap.
- It's a good platform (easy) to start with, depending on your comfort zone.

The Bad:
- Their Customer Service is Garbage.
- Their online platform is decent but not great. (I can't comment on their other platforms yet).
- Their screener/filter is brutal.

If you look on their site, you can demo their platforms.

NP Aaron
11-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't recomend switching.
Twice I have placed sell orders in the AM. When I return home from work I find my orders were not executed. I check my answering machine only to hear "We were experiencing system problems today and your orders did not go through. Sorry about this, please try agin"
Not cool at all! Both times this problem cost me several K.
I will be switching back to TD right away.

You get what you pay for.

Canmorite
11-01-2007, 03:23 PM
All of these discount brokers basically use the same platform, which is from Axis Technologies.

TD, Questrade, TradeFreedom and Etrade use it, but they are all slightly different. They are decent platforms, but if you're going to be doing high frequency trading I'd suggest looking at Interactive Brokers or Tradestation (Both are more expensive then these discount brokers).

TD has great customer service AFAIK. TradeFreedom would be the same I'd imagine because they were recently snapped up by The Bank of Nova Scotia.

Where are you now EG Stylez?

Toma
11-01-2007, 05:28 PM
I use Questrades CyberTrader Pro.

Trades are instant, quotes are live, charts are there etc.... I wouldn't use anything else.

I've needed help once, and just used their chat window.... got help instantly.

I think they charge for cybertrader though.... Mine is free cause I took some options course as part of a promotion... no idea if or what it costs.

EG STyLeZ
11-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Toma
I use Questrades CyberTrader Pro.

Trades are instant, quotes are live, charts are there etc.... I wouldn't use anything else.

I've needed help once, and just used their chat window.... got help instantly.

I think they charge for cybertrader though.... Mine is free cause I took some options course as part of a promotion... no idea if or what it costs.

Do you have to maintain a monthly or quarterly trade minimum if you're on QuestraderPRO? is that what you meant?

EG STyLeZ
11-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
All of these discount brokers basically use the same platform, which is from Axis Technologies.

TD, Questrade, TradeFreedom and Etrade use it, but they are all slightly different. They are decent platforms, but if you're going to be doing high frequency trading I'd suggest looking at Interactive Brokers or Tradestation (Both are more expensive then these discount brokers).

TD has great customer service AFAIK. TradeFreedom would be the same I'd imagine because they were recently snapped up by The Bank of Nova Scotia.

Where are you now EG Stylez?

i'm on TradeFreedom right now. they've kind of gone downhill since i joined them earlier this year. they've had this restriction on OTCBB trading where you gotta call in all the orders over the phone, which seems to take at least 10 minutes every time. needless to say, i can't stand their shit anymore.

i've used tradefreedom's platform before and for the trading i do, it's about all i need.

EG STyLeZ
11-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by NP Aaron
I wouldn't recomend switching.
Twice I have placed sell orders in the AM. When I return home from work I find my orders were not executed. I check my answering machine only to hear "We were experiencing system problems today and your orders did not go through. Sorry about this, please try agin"
Not cool at all! Both times this problem cost me several K.
I will be switching back to TD right away.

You get what you pay for.

i'm with tradefreedom. the other day they had server problems, so no customer could even buy or trade any stock at all for like an hour. can't get much worse than that.

EG STyLeZ
11-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by liquid1010
The Good:
- They're fairly cheap.
- It's a good platform (easy) to start with, depending on your comfort zone.

The Bad:
- Their Customer Service is Garbage.
- Their online platform is decent but not great. (I can't comment on their other platforms yet).
- Their screener/filter is brutal.

If you look on their site, you can demo their platforms.

i'll have to check it out. platforms seem similar to tradefreedom's