PDA

View Full Version : Best Vista Laptop? The MacBook Pro.

treg50
11-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Tests done by PC World conclude that Windows Vista runs best on an MacBook Pro than a PC notebook. The bottom line: It looks like the best platform for running Mac OS X and Windows is a Mac. And once you use OS X you'll be looking for every reason to never use Windows again.

From PC World
The fastest Windows Vista notebook we've tested this year is a Mac. Try that again: The fastest Windows Vista notebook we've tested this year--or for that matter, ever--is a Mac. Not a Dell, not a Toshiba, not even an Alienware. The $2419 (plus the price of a copy of Windows Vista, of course) MacBook Pro's PC WorldBench 6 Beta 2 score of 88 beats Gateway's E-265M by a single point, but the MacBook's score is far more impressive simply because Apple couldn't care less whether you run Windows.
Source: http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136649-page,3-c,notebooks/article.html

sneek
11-01-2007, 09:03 PM
:D Macbook Pros are awesome. The only time it ever crashed on me was when I was running this Adobe Authorware with parallels and XP. Solid machine and it is super fast!

canadiandaytona
11-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Gateway's E-265M $2,102/$1,399
so at least 300 cheaper and its one point off.. :whocares:

Pahnda
11-01-2007, 09:55 PM
wow, 17" and $3,000 (as reviewed)? I'll take an Asus for nearly $1000 less, 15.4", and virtually same specs. Actually, one of the Asus models is using a video card with more RAM than the Mac in that review but it's not important. I don't have anything against Macintosh computers themselves, I just don't like spending more than I really need to for the same specs, and 17" seems excessive for a laptop to me anyway :\.