PDA

View Full Version : Rude American Dealers???

Sailz
11-03-2007, 12:57 AM
So as Iam sure as everyone knows on here our dollar has now far surpassed parity and the attractiveness of purchasing vehicles down south has increased 10 fold. So ive been calling around to a few dealerships finding out what they have in stock for some new and lightly used 2005-2008 Tacomas. I called one today and everything was going good great price seemed like a good salesman then out of the blue he asked me where I was calling from I said Canada....and hes like and i quote "God damn it im not dealing with you fucking Canadians anymore" and then hangs up.......frankly I was kind of taken back and pisseed off a the same time. Anything like that ever happen to you guys?

J-Rhombus
11-03-2007, 01:21 AM
Did you by chance call Parker Toyota in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho? They were a pleasure to deal with and they knew it was for Canada and everything. The guy even sent all the paperwork to the border for me. I know the dealers in Montana are pricks, but Parker Toyota was great. PM me if you want more details and if you already called there I can give you a salesperson's name who helped me out in getting my 2008 xB...

Sailz
11-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by J-Rhombus
Did you by chance call Parker Toyota in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho? They were a pleasure to deal with and they knew it was for Canada and everything. The guy even sent all the paperwork to the border for me. I know the dealers in Montana are pricks, but Parker Toyota was great. PM me if you want more details and if you already called there I can give you a salesperson's name who helped me out in getting my 2008 xB...

Yeah I was just shopping around price-wise and I think I will go with them. Didnt know you could import Scions maybe its only the coupe.

grrrouch
11-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Apparently dealerships arent allowed to sell to canadians. Was at Penticton Honda & Toyota and was quoted on some prices for a 07 and was told not to even bother with going to the US because there dealerships wont sell to us. Not sure if it was a sales pitch to try n get us to buy from them but it seems like this is the new movement for new car sales coming from everyone I talk to :dunno: .

Weapon_R
11-03-2007, 01:46 AM
What dealer was it? Put his # on here :D

Sailz
11-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Lol it was a dealer in So-Cal not a Toyota dealership but a huge Californian used vehicle company ie: Many dealerships.

Kona9
11-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by grrrouch
Apparently dealerships arent allowed to sell to canadians. Was at Penticton Honda & Toyota and was quoted on some prices for a 07 and was told not to even bother with going to the US because there dealerships wont sell to us. Not sure if it was a sales pitch to try n get us to buy from them but it seems like this is the new movement for new car sales coming from everyone I talk to :dunno: .

knowing Penticton Toyota...it was most likely a sales pitch for you to buy from their inventory.

Dj_Stylz
11-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Post the number and we will all call him post his name also haha

G-ZUS
11-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
What dealer was it? Put his # on here :D

Originally posted by Dj_Stylz
Post the number and we will all call him post his name also haha

+3 for the #... I have unlimited long distance and this will be fun

SilverBoost
11-03-2007, 09:21 AM
^^^^

and I'm left wondering why they'd get annoyed at Canadians. ;)

Toms-SC
11-03-2007, 11:57 AM
The border states will not sell to Canadians. Move into the mainland states, you will not have a problem.

Sailz
11-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Haha here you guys go

Cal-Auto: (831)758-5000

J-Rhombus
11-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Haha, awesome!

Yeah, I just got my xB inspected and finally licensed this morning. First one in Calgary I believe... Love driving it... Idaho's a border state, but Parker Toyota has awesome customer care... seriously, call them...

oh, and I will be calling Cal-Auto a few times this afternoon... haha

dam_guy
11-03-2007, 12:53 PM
unfortunately your no the first. you might have the first '08 model, but there are quite a few xB's around town. i even remember some of the toyota dealerships selling used ones.

Originally posted by J-Rhombus
Haha, awesome!

Yeah, I just got my xB inspected and finally licensed this morning. First one in Calgary I believe... Love driving it... Idaho's a border state, but Parker Toyota has awesome customer care... seriously, call them...

oh, and I will be calling Cal-Auto a few times this afternoon... haha

J-Rhombus
11-03-2007, 01:04 PM
no, I know there are first gen xBs around, seen them plenty...

first second gen is what I meant, my bad!

Rat Fink
11-03-2007, 01:08 PM

95EagleAWD
11-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
Seems odd that dealerships in the states will be prickish like that....I mean, after all they are going to sell more cars.

Fuckin' yanks like that need to pull their heads out of their asses and look at the bigger picture. More to the world than those ugly stars and stripes.

I'm going to call that dealer today too.

The bigger picture consists of the MANUFACTURERS telling the DEALERS that they'll revoke their license if they sell to Canadians.

Antonito
11-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

The bigger picture consists of the MANUFACTURERS telling the DEALERS that they'll revoke their license if they sell to Canadians.

DING DING DING. Probably half the reason he was so mad is because he is having to turn away money from his pocket so that a dealership in Canada will get the money instead.

Sailz
11-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Antonito

DING DING DING. Probably half the reason he was so mad is because he is having to turn away money from his pocket so that a dealership in Canada will get the money instead.

Cal-Auto is a large used car dealership in California...they have no restrictions. He was just being an ass!

95EagleAWD
11-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Sailz

Cal-Auto is a large used car dealership in California...they have no restrictions. He was just being an ass!

Really?

Haha, calling now!

Supa Dexta
11-03-2007, 09:16 PM
send an email to cjay and get pigboy to call them.. ha, that'll set him right off...

mark4091
11-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Hahaha, you guys gotta post some of these conversations.

theken
11-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Anybody know any place to buy a suzuki cheap out of the states? they are 11,499 ou tof the states, and 16,000 here, kind of gay

Redlyne_mr2
11-04-2007, 11:06 AM
US dealers can treat Canadian anyway they want. I'm hearing stories from people who have been going down to the states only to find out the dealer changed the color and option package on them along with upping the price...what is the Canadian going to do? Loose his deposit and all the money he spend to get down there?

The newest batch of 08 Toyotas will not allowed to be registered in Canada... so be careful what you buy.

joyridder
11-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
send an email to cjay and get pigboy to call them.. ha, that'll set him right off...

Good Idea :rofl:

kaput
11-04-2007, 11:18 AM

Thaco
11-04-2007, 11:18 AM
So as Iam sure as everyone knows on here our dollar has now far surpassed parity and the attractiveness of purchasing vehicles down south has increased 10 fold. So ive been calling around to a few dealerships finding out what they have in stock for some new and lightly used 2005-2008 Tacomas. I called one today and everything was going good great price seemed like a good salesman then out of the blue he asked me where I was calling from I said Canada....and hes like and i quote "God damn it im not dealing with you fucking Canadians anymore" and then hangs up.......frankly I was kind of taken back and pisseed off a the same time. Anything like that ever happen to you guys? downtown toyota in Spokane, they sell about 50 cars a month to canadians. A lady at my work bought a Rav4 fromt hem and they were very helpful.

The Cosworth
11-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
The newest batch of 08 Toyotas will not allowed to be registered in Canada... so be careful what you buy.

isn't this contrary to the NAFTA agreement?

Thaco
11-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by kaput

Why is that?

They're not on the RIV list (Yet)

Redlyne_mr2
11-04-2007, 11:25 AM
I posted a thread with more info
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2190498#post2190498

ACX
11-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by grrrouch

by the letter of the rules I've heard the same thing, they are not to sell to canadians and can have their dealerships ultimately pulled if that is the case.

Either way people having a tough time pinching cars in the US can cry me a river. Your time and research are paid back by potential savings in the thousands.

Go to a taco board and look around, use autotrader to spot specific cars.

Yeah let's get an online petition from canada going on a socal toyta dealer (one of their strongest markets in the country) because they won't indulge yet another call from a canadian which they should not take anyways..
:nut:

R!zz0
11-05-2007, 10:21 AM
They should be happy were giving them our business after what that country is going through. (Economy wise) I'm thinking of getting my ride from the states as well, but i'm thinking private... not gonna go through any dealers.

R!zz0
11-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by ACX

by the letter of the rules I've heard the same thing, they are not to sell to canadians and can have their dealerships ultimately pulled if that is the case.

Thats a bluff. This guy i work with brought a brand new Subaru from the states.

Sorath
11-05-2007, 10:28 AM
alot of american dealers sell their demo cars as used vehicles thats why it is still "new"

TorqueDog
11-05-2007, 01:48 PM
and hes like and i quote "God damn it im not dealing with you fucking Canadians anymore" and then hangs up.......Not gonna lie, I would have laughed my balls off, then proceeded to call back in a different voice and ask for the same salesperson and do it all over again.