PDA

View Full Version : good place for wings?

Civic99
11-03-2007, 03:42 PM
anyone know any good joints in calgary?

ercchry
11-03-2007, 03:46 PM
dixon's (13 cents)on mondays if you are in the south or joyce on 4th(4 cent) if your downtown

avow
11-03-2007, 03:48 PM
bubblemania when they reopen

natejj
11-03-2007, 03:55 PM
I consider myself a wing Connoisseur.... What sort of wings are you looking for? Are you looking for cheap dirty wings with cheap drinks? Or better tasting wings but you aren't afraid to drop some coin? The Reagle Beagle, Kensington and 14th has the best tasting wings in the city in my opinion. 25 cents each, but you have to order a drink for every 10. The Reagle flavor are amazing. Dans, in the north near Schanks, in that same plaza also has exceptional 25 cent wings.

http://www.calgarysbestpubs.com/

All 5 of these pubs used to charge 9 cents each for their wings, and it was a good price. But they recently raised them 17 cents each, and its hardly worth it. Happy hour from 5-6 means half price drinks, and that makes it worth going. But the wings are gross, mostly skin, and just not much meat at all. I recommend spending the money and getting decent wings.

If you want to spend seirous money, Montana's has the most amazing wings ever. But they are like 10 bucks for 10 wings... hardly a deal.

www.hotwings.ca ,Calgarys wing website. Happy wing hunting.

adamc
11-03-2007, 04:18 PM
I've tried nearly all the wing hot spots in Calgary, and FATS in Kensington, and the Beagle are by far the best.

Fats is tuesday, beagle on wednesday - gets insanely busy so plan on waiting.

Ajay
11-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Riverstone Pub off of Northmount and 14th have some of the best wings EVER. The apple whiskey are amazing and their volcano wings are actually pretty potent.

Schleighless (sp?) off of 17th and Sarcee has pretty good wings as well.

Both those places are Weds nights.

RX_EVOLV
11-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by adamc
I've tried nearly all the wing hot spots in Calgary, and FATS in Kensington, and the Beagle are by far the best.

Fats is tuesday, beagle on wednesday - gets insanely busy so plan on waiting.

Beagle wings night is Monday and weds ( and maybe Sat too I think, not 100% sure), I go there alot. Their ribs night on Tues/thurs is pretty awesome too.

natejj
11-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by RX_EVOLV

Beagle wings night is Monday and weds ( and maybe Sat too I think, not 100% sure), I go there alot. Their ribs night on Tues/thurs is pretty awesome too.

Monday Wed and Sat is correct.

jsn
11-03-2007, 06:10 PM
I think Bubblemania still makes the best wings. But if you're looking for a beer and wings, i like Kilkennies:thumbsup:

bignerd
11-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Juliet's Castle on 16th Ave. Wings are 20 cents on wing nights, tues and thur I think, they are big and meaty, no pigeon wings here.

rinny
12-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Does anybody know WHO HAS CHEAP WINGS ON MONDAY NIGHTS (near SAIT and other than Regal Begal)???

Crymson
12-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Go to www.hotwings.ca you can search by day.

xLostx
12-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by natejj

If you want to spend seirous money, Montana's has the most amazing wings ever. But they are like 10 bucks for 10 wings... hardly a deal.

word, montana's wings are pretty damn good, the hot wings are fucking hot haha. but yeah expensive.

Daan
12-03-2007, 04:51 PM
do they have ribs at montana's ?

xLostx
12-03-2007, 04:54 PM
of course they do, montana's is actually a good spot to eat at for a commercial type of place. in smaller town with montana's they'd do all you can eat ribs on a certain night which is pretty sweet, but not in calgary haha.

f150mikey060
12-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by rinny
Does anybody know WHO HAS CHEAP WINGS ON MONDAY NIGHTS (near SAIT and other than Regal Begal)???

like mentioned...Kilkennies. 17 cents on mondays iirc. they are pretty good too :thumbsup:

just take the train up about 4 stations from sait to brentwood

ScottysZ
12-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Does kilkennies still have 6$ schooners on mon night? I havent been there for wings for about a year, but you could get pretty tipsy and have a lotta pretty good wings for pretty cheap.

01RedDX
12-03-2007, 05:39 PM

f150mikey060
12-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by ScottysZ
Does kilkennies still have 6$ schooners on mon night? I havent been there for wings for about a year, but you could get pretty tipsy and have a lotta pretty good wings for pretty cheap.

i beleive they do yes

85regal
12-03-2007, 07:54 PM
bootleggers on wednesdays....like 30 flavours...

Hash_man
12-03-2007, 08:18 PM
dixon's (13 cents)on mondays if you are in the south or joyce on 4th(4 cent) if your downtown

Dixons is alright, but last time I was there for wing night me and my friends sat around for over 45 minutes before being told our wings were gonna be another 20 minutes... the girl couldn't even keep our drinks coming either. Last time I go back there.

Limericks and killkenny even though owned by the same people have always had better service on wing nights especially.

Also... I haven't been there forever but I remember back in the day Ed's used to be the place for good wings. No clue what it's like these days though

thordin
12-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Shuckaluck's on 24st SW makes pretty decent wings. Especially their Van Damms. I believe its around 19 cents per wings on Thursdays. Pretty good stuff. That place's kinda a dive but the wings make up for it.

charizard
12-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Mona's Pizza, they have something like 40 or 50 different flavors. Plus, they have the best donair pizza. :drool:

R!zz0
12-04-2007, 08:54 AM
I use to go to Juliets castle up on 16th.
I now love Earls. I think they have the best wings :drool:

ekguy
12-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man

Dixons is alright, but last time I was there for wing night me and my friends sat around for over 45 minutes before being told our wings were gonna be another 20 minutes... the girl couldn't even keep our drinks coming either. Last time I go back there.

Limericks and killkenny even though owned by the same people have always had better service on wing nights especially.

Also... I haven't been there forever but I remember back in the day Ed's used to be the place for good wings. No clue what it's like these days though

even on nights where they aren't busy Dixon's has the worst service i have ever seen in my life. me and my friend waited for 35 mins for the server to come ask us what we wanted to drink so since she took so long we ordered like 10 shots and 4 beers and she was like ummm i can't bring you that much, i said well if you didn't take almost 40 minutes for our first drink order i wouldn't have to order so much since it'll take you 40 mins to come back....worst pub ever.

The Cosworth
12-04-2007, 10:57 AM
nicastro's just north of the italian supermarket on Edmonton Trail

Wednesdays

Nicastro's Neighbourhood Pub
2418 Edmonton Trail, Calgary Alberta

http://www.hotwings.ca/

zipdoa
12-04-2007, 12:45 PM
the hose and hounds... right by the stampede grounds. excellent little pub.

lexIS300
12-04-2007, 01:10 PM
good place on tuesdays besides juliets?

accordboi_02
12-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
the hose and hounds... right by the stampede grounds. excellent little pub.
:werd:

Hose and Hound gets my vote - try their Jamaican Jerk wings... :drool:

It's in Inglewood on 9th Ave and 10st SE I believe - you can't miss it, looks like an old fire hall.

ScottysZ
12-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by accordboi_02

It's in Inglewood on 9th Ave and 10st SE I believe - you can't miss it, looks like an old fire hall.

Thats cause it is an old fire hall.

Eleanor
12-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Has anyone tried Jameson's at brentwood? I've heard nine cents wings....

ibcinya
12-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Big easy isnt that bad had some salt and pepper yesterday, not bad for 7.50 a dozen..

Palmiros
12-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
Has anyone tried Jameson's at brentwood? I've heard nine cents wings....

They have $0.15 cent wings every Wednesday (tomorrow being wednesday..) I'm up there every other Wednesday.. (tomorrow being one of them).. The best wings they have, in my oppinion are the hot ones. Others include sweet chilli, suicide, medium, salt and pepper, bbq & teriyaki. We should all organize a meet there :P
I'll be there at around 8:40pm tomorrow if anyone is up for getting out of the house :)

Swank
02-08-2008, 10:33 AM
The Unicorn, downtown across from Bankers Hall, has very tasty wings, lots of flavors and I think they're $0.10 on Wednesdays. They also have 3 levels of face frying hot wings (very good flavor too), I'd had level 2's last night and oohh my gut burns still.

DeeK
02-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Some of the best wings I have had were at the Cat'n'Fiddle on 16th.

I think it's saturday nights? I can't remember, it's on hotwings.ca. They sell em 2 pounds for the price of one.. I think 7.99/pound. works out to like 35 cents a wing. not super cheap, but worth it for decent wings :)

Spoons
02-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by f150mikey060

i beleive they do yes

Yeah they still got 6 dollar schooners... I am there almost every Monday!

Graham_A_M
02-08-2008, 09:13 PM
- Jamesons is good,
-Brewsters is damn good
- the "bull & finch" is also very good

Those are the only three pub style places I go really. All of them have awesome wings.

Just dont order the "Bull VS. the Volcano" wings at the Bull & finch, good GOD you'll be sorry. I've had a whole half a wing, and I was having trouble breathing afterwards: and I can have some HOT foods.:nut:

(yes their THAT hot!!!!!!)

icecreamvan
02-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Just dont order the "Bull VS. the Volcano" wings at the Bull & finch, good GOD you'll be sorry. I've had a whole half a wing, and I was having trouble breathing afterwards: and I can have some HOT foods.:nut:

(yes their THAT hot!!!!!!)

I managed to down 7 Bull vs Volcano wings and I couldn't shit right for the next 3 days.

Graham_A_M
02-09-2008, 04:21 PM
7? WOW. THAT is amazing. Nobody in the group of 10 could have a full one, but you did 7?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

DeeK
02-11-2008, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
7? WOW. THAT is amazing. Nobody in the group of 10 could have a full one, but you did 7?

:eek: :eek: :eek: I got through 4. but as above, burning 3 or 4 or 5 times while you shit... NOT FUN. lol.

Besides, I tried to order more for the rest of the table, but they refused to give us more than 6, and made us sign a waiver for them. So how he got 7? I dunno.

My friends with me just had a taste of the sauce and they were crying. hilarity ensues.

Donmega
02-11-2008, 02:20 AM
sign a waiver?! Man i gotta try this!!.....where is Bull & Finch?

Ajay
02-11-2008, 02:21 AM
A friend of mine did the waiver wings at Bull and Finch because another friend and I said we would pay him $40 if he did. Must have been hurting for the cash cause he pounded them down. Next day I had to help him move to his new place and he said it hurt when he went pee. Getting seven seems odd since you can only do a max of 6.

Nissanaddict
02-11-2008, 02:35 AM
The thing about them is, if you wanna eat a bunch, do NOT STOP!!!!! Once you start, if you concentrate on devouring them, it won't burn until you stop. Have some milk by your hand, and you should be alright. They burn, but they taste like nothing, which is why they suck. I like the burning sensation....just gotta have taste to it.

DeeK
02-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Donmega
sign a waiver?! Man i gotta try this!!.....where is Bull & Finch?
The bull and finch I went to for the waiver wings was the one in douglasdale.

Originally posted by Nissanaddict
The thing about them is, if you wanna eat a bunch, do NOT STOP!!!!! Once you start, if you concentrate on devouring them, it won't burn until you stop. Have some milk by your hand, and you should be alright. They burn, but they taste like nothing, which is why they suck. I like the burning sensation....just gotta have taste to it.
Some wings I agree with this statement. But the ones at the bull and finch, they burn right from the start till the next day. If you take a breath as you bring the wing to your face, your throat will burn. LOL.

RaDuS
02-11-2008, 10:00 PM
HOOTERS!! lol

icecreamvan
02-11-2008, 10:02 PM
I was with 8 other people, so they let us order a dozen. Most of the group couldn't stand the smell of it.

No point to b/s about having the ring of fire for a few days. :rofl:

pome902
02-11-2008, 10:24 PM
wow waiver wings. wonder wtf is in them shi*ts !!

Sorath
02-11-2008, 10:27 PM
i love dixons, over limmericks, kilkennys and bull and finch which i frequent

Palmiros
02-11-2008, 10:59 PM
I go to Jamesons in the NW & Symons Valley Ranch, much every Wednesday. Good wings, nice atmosphere and friendly staff.

icecreamvan
02-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by pome902
wow waiver wings. wonder wtf is in them shi*ts !!

It's based on Dave's Insanity sauce and whatever else they can find in the kitchen if you're an asshole to the server.

deee_wreck
02-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Anyone know of WING night in the SE for Wednesdays??

I think Dixons has only mondays, right?

The Bull is weds?

Kilt and Caber?

Tik-Tok
02-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by deee_wreck
Anyone know of WING night in the SE for Wednesdays??

Regal Beagle on Macleod.

B18C
06-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Are there any places for cheap wings that you can take minors? My wing buddy just had a kid and we need to find a place that he can go too.

ga16i
06-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by B18C
Are there any places for cheap wings that you can take minors? My wing buddy just had a kid and we need to find a place that he can go too.

Bubblemania. Not nearly as "hard" as before with all the punk asses with their hondas. Every time I go now, I see people with little kids and old grannies. Wing night there is Tuesday and Thursday.

G-ZUS
03-04-2009, 08:29 PM
BUmping up an old thread, didnt want to start a new thread. Where is a good place to go on Fridays?

scboss
03-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by ga16i

Bubblemania. Not nearly as "hard" as before with all the punk asses with their hondas. Every time I go now, I see people with little kids and old grannies. Wing night there is Tuesday and Thursday.

That's changed. Mon to Fri 5-9 it's 25 cents. After 9 and on sat sun, it's 35 cents. Good wings.

Danish
03-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
BUmping up an old thread, didnt want to start a new thread. Where is a good place to go on Fridays?

Moustache Pete's

Dumbass17
03-08-2009, 11:23 AM
dixons is decent food, but yes, the service is complete SHIT (at the one in midlake at least)
you can sit there for 15 minutes before getting paid attention to. and then your beer sits empty for damn EVER.

i still enjoy limericks on mondays

the kilt and caber wings are not good

Nissanaddict
03-08-2009, 11:45 PM
A new one I've discovered, On The Rocks on Canyon Meadows Dr. and Elbow Dr. SW. The spot that used to be the Bent Elbow. Small place, but great place to watch hockey and the wings are excellent IMO.

gqmw
03-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by warcaster

That's changed. Mon to Fri 5-9 it's 25 cents. After 9 and on sat sun, it's 35 cents. Good wings.

Haven't been there in awhile, are the wings still half demented?

xxxazntigerxx
08-24-2009, 11:59 PM
what do you get if you finish all the wiever wings?

arian_ma
08-25-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by xxxazntigerxx
what do you get if you finish all the wiever wings?
Heart failure.

ringer
08-25-2009, 12:38 PM
mm love the greek wings at the hose and hound. they are not on the menu you just have to ask for them. They are breaded, deep fried and then covered in what I think is a mix of ranch and tsatsiki, maybe just tsatsiki. amazing.

Sorry if someone already mentioned these.

SneakyNeek
08-25-2009, 12:41 PM
wow cant bieleve no one has said rusty cage. wed nights

they got tons of flavors

Dill pickle is the best, and there hottest is called Johnny Cash:D