PDA

View Full Version : Photo Radar and bad luck

SoSlowDx
07-13-2003, 11:23 PM
I believed I got radar today on Deerfoot, I think I was doing 125-30 km/h what's the fine for going over around 30 km/h?
:dunno: :(

GTS Jeff
07-14-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by SoSlowDx
I believed I got radar today on Deerfoot, I think I was doing 125-30 km/h what's the fine for going over around 30 km/h?
:dunno: :( just be glad that it was only photo radar and try not to speed again.

ryder_23
07-14-2003, 01:15 AM
prolly 180-210

The_1
07-14-2003, 01:17 AM
usuall you can spot those guys pretty far away
was it at night??

SoSlowDx
07-14-2003, 01:25 AM
ahhhhhhhh shit haha

no man it wasn't at night it was in the afternoon didn't know what the hell I was looking at until it was too late damn

Melinda
07-14-2003, 01:58 AM
The dark tint always gives it away...sucks to be u man, where were u going in such a huge hurry? :dunno:

max_boost
07-14-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy
Dumb shit! WTF?
At least he didn't get caught doing 50 over!:rofl: Dumb shit! hahaha j/k

lammer
07-14-2003, 03:35 AM
good one john. ahaha. yo when you gonan go workout? give me a call.

ramminghard
07-14-2003, 03:59 AM
you got a "not paying attention ticket"

Luke 96 T/A
07-14-2003, 04:19 AM
20-30 over???
I think that would be around $100-$120!!!!
I think there's a link on the Calgary Police website though..
take a look there...

SoSlowDx
07-14-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
The dark tint always gives it away...sucks to be u man, where were u going in such a huge hurry? :dunno:
yeah I should of seen it but don't know what in the blue hell I was doing.

Originally posted by max_boost
WTF?
At least he didn't get caught doing 50 over!:rofl: Dumb shit! hahaha j/k
damn you! j/k

Originally posted by lammer
good one john. ahaha. yo when you gonan go workout? give me a call.
stfu steve but yeah I'll give you a call.

Originally posted by ramminghard
you got a "not paying attention ticket"
yes I did

Originally posted by Luke 96 T/A
20-30 over???
I think that would be around $100-$120!!!!
I think there's a link on the Calgary Police website though..
take a look there...

thanks

Ben
07-14-2003, 10:00 AM
fines like doubled and tripled, if its 30 over I wouldn't be surprised if its in the 200+ category.

SoSlowDx
07-14-2003, 11:39 AM
are you serious?

Ben
07-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by SoSlowDx
are you serious?

Well An Illegal Left hand turn went from 69 to 178 and not having proper documents in your car went from 57 to 220

tint went from 34 to 60 something...and 50 over went from 278 to like 550

Weapon_R
07-14-2003, 12:03 PM
Yes it will be easily $177 - 200 if the fine coincides with the fines imposed by traffic police. I just took care of a members ticket on beyond and it was $177 for 30 over, so depending on how fast you were going, it will be similar.

davidI
07-14-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Yes it will be easily $177 - 200 if the fine coincides with the fines imposed by traffic police. I just took care of a members ticket on beyond and it was $177 for 30 over, so depending on how fast you were going, it will be similar.

Yep :D

$177 for 30 over...Thanx again Weapon_R for taking care of the demerits on that one.

Moonracer
07-14-2003, 12:10 PM
I don't know if anyone else has seen it yet but there is an article in the sun today about a crackdown on deerfoot for the next two weeks so be carefull. They aren't just ticketing for speeding either, all types of infractions.

Ben
07-14-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer
I don't know if anyone else has seen it yet but there is an article in the sun today about a crackdown on deerfoot for the next two weeks so be carefull. They aren't just ticketing for speeding either, all types of infractions.

Fuck, about time. I'm sick and tired of driving down deerfoot with those bastards in Half Tons tailing your ass and people that dont signal.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

Moonracer
07-14-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Fuck, about time. I'm sick and tired of driving down deerfoot with those bastards in Half Tons tailing your ass and people that dont signal.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

Yeah no doubt. I was on there yesterday doing 110km just to keep people from running me off the road and they were still blowing by me. What a bunch of retards!

davidI
07-14-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

That's a GOOD thing. I've only been driving deerfoot every day for 2 months for work and so far I've had 2 near death moments!!!

First time there was a truck pulling a trailor and they left a fire extinguisher on it so it flew off and exploded in front of me! At first I thought it was a smoke bomb or something cause all I could see was brown smoke. Then I saw this fucking fire extinguisher blowing all over the road. I couldn't avoid it cause the hose was whipping around and the fire extinguisher was all over the place. Of course I hit it and that sucked. No damage luckily but I just kept control of my car. I thought that was bad but then last week on the way to work at 6:30 in the morning some moron in an early 80's accord was weaving in and out of traffic and of course he cut infront of me...only 4 feet in front of me probably. Only thing is that he cut too hard for someone driving 140 km/hr so he ended up spinning out....Luckily I had seen this idiot coming in my rear view mirror so I had my foot over the brake already. I just slowed down and missed him. He started in the left lane...did a 360 across 3 lanes of traffic...hit the curb parallel with the road and ended up doing another 180 and ended up on the median between deerfoot and 64 Ave facing the wrong direction. If I could have stopped I would have gotten out and beat the shit out of him for nearly killing me. I was PISSED off. FUCKING PEOPLE [/rant]

Superesc
07-14-2003, 12:40 PM
I got my $161 ticket for 27 over... so i presume 170-200 would be around there...

SoSlowDx
07-14-2003, 02:00 PM
yeah there's always bastards that tail you even if I'm in the far right lane.

oh well pay up and take this as a good damn lesson

thanks.

Maxt
07-14-2003, 06:24 PM
Umm, the undercover vehicles are way easy to spot.. I was up and down deerfoot a couple of times today..
Every cop car has a black "fleet" sticker on its plate, alot of cop cars have the first three letters CRL but that is starting to change,
all of their vehicles have the rear door and back quarter windows tinted as well as the rear window, this seems to be cop thing, they always tint the rears...
Plain steel wheels is another giveaway, and all their SUV's have those cheesy push bars on them just for holding a set of lights.
What I saw today..
Dark Green Dodge ram quad cab
Dark Green Dodge minivan
Dark Blue Ford Expedition
Dark grey and a Dark Green chrysler intrepid...
White Dodge durango

All of their cars are dead giveaways, the cops can't resist decking out cars with all sorts of gadgets and shit, which kind of defeats the purpose of a ghost car...
Hmm a brand new shiney crown vic, with a push bar, a mat black search light on the A pillar, rear tinted windows, steel wheels, 3 antennas and the chrome delete package on the grill, could that be a cop?? nah....:)....Maxt

Oh one more thing, a real easy way to spot a cop car is the daytime running lights don't work on the vehicles especialy the Fords, due to the wiring added to flash the lights intermittently with the red and blues, which is actually illegal, all cars since 1989 or 1990 I do believe in Canada must have functioning DRL's, this works well for spotting RCmp on the highway, as well...maxt

Superesc
07-14-2003, 07:04 PM
Oh one more thing, a real easy way to spot a cop car is the daytime running lights don't work on the vehicles especialy the Fords, due to the wiring added to flash the lights intermittently with the red and blues, which is actually illegal, all cars since 1989 or 1990 I do believe in Canada must have functioning DRL's, this works well for spotting RCmp on the highway, as well...maxt [/B]

nice, learn something new everyday :thumbsup:

Luke 96 T/A
07-15-2003, 01:05 AM
Also remember, that you have a 9km tolerance on a photoradar ticket...
So take off 9km/hr from your total speed, and then calculate the ticket price..
Laser is much more exact.. I believe it's a 1km/hr tolerance...
Let us know when you get it in the mail ;-)

SoSlowDx
07-15-2003, 09:08 AM
oh ok so I can take 9km/h off that's some sort of relief haha

hopefully it does not show up in the mail!