PDA

View Full Version : Everything at once

Evolize
11-04-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm tired of looking at an unhealthy out of shape ugly body and want to go back to looking what i did in highschool.

However I have so many bad habits that its hard to try and do anything because one habit ties to another.

I have 2-3 coffees every day, one while driving to work while having a smoke. Sometimes with a plain donut.

vending machine at work sells chips and chocolate bars, coke machine with nothing but coke and pepsi. people around me at work and social life that smoke, and i smoke as well. and so many o ther things like fast food that i spend money on, and i wanna stop it all but i know i dont have the will power to.

Whats the best route? this is the first time ive thought about and am committed to making a big change and some help would be appreciated as to how to go about this the best way.

ercchry
11-04-2007, 11:15 PM
finding someone else that wants to get in shape too is key, if you have that then you can motivate each other

11-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Do you work out at all? I think the first step would be hitting the gym, nothing crazy, just hop on the bike or treadmill for 30 min.

Once you have that down the next most important thing is your diet!! Actaully diet should be number one, but usually its easier to get under control after you have already started to work out. But, start packing a lunch, and waking up early enough to have a decent breakfast. You have prob heard it before but breakfast is the most important meal of the day and you dont really realize that untill you begin to eat right.

Hope this helps a litttle

Evolize
11-04-2007, 11:30 PM
I try to eat breakfast every morning but when I wake up until noon i get a gut ache and when thinking about eating makes me feel ill. its not a hunger pain or anything......i havent eaten breakfast in years now. and i cant afford a gym pass so all i got is my cheap walmart runners to carry me around...i get advice on what to do which is great, but doing it is the hard part. i dont have much will power to stop what i am doing because i enjoy it so much and its my routine that i do daily.

ercchry
11-04-2007, 11:36 PM
i just signed up at golds gym for 34 a month locked in at that rate too for life and with that you can go to any location on earth

11-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Dude we cant make you do something, you have to do it on your own. Wake your ass up early and even if you do not feel like eating at all, force that shit down, you WILL feel better for it.

You can save A LOT of money by not eating out, and buying food from safeway, once you do that you'll be able to affod a gym pass, in the mean time get some fresh air and jog or walk! In your case, I would say get your diet down before anything else.

elesdee
11-05-2007, 12:53 AM
I definitely stress eating breakfast every morning. It wakes up your system, makes you think clearer, feel more energetic. It's good for your body's metabolism. Even if you don't feel like eating in the morning (which is what most people feel i think) just eat anyways.

And the second important thing to me at least, is exercise. You won't know how bad of a shape you're in until you start exercising. It doesn't matter what, jog, bike, lift weights. Start small. Seeing how bad of a shape you're in due to your shitty lifestyle should motivate you even more!

Evolize
11-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by elesdee
I definitely stress eating breakfast every morning. It wakes up your system, makes you think clearer, feel more energetic. It's good for your body's metabolism. Even if you don't feel like eating in the morning (which is what most people feel i think) just eat anyways.

And the second important thing to me at least, is exercise. You won't know how bad of a shape you're in until you start exercising. It doesn't matter what, jog, bike, lift weights. Start small. Seeing how bad of a shape you're in due to your shitty lifestyle should motivate you even more! Tell me about it. I just got a GPS so my buddy and I took turns seeing who could run across tim hortons parking lot the fastest. I got 23.7KM and he got 24.0KM per hour lol.

I got up the next day every single piece of my body hurt. It felt fucking great, i havent had a feeling like that in years.

kerry
11-05-2007, 10:49 PM
If you were in Edmonton I'd gladly goto the gym with ya. I used to be super out of shape man, I know what it's like.

If you're going to do a diet I'd suggest Body For Life. Good food, and you get one cheat day a week to eat like your old self, therefore keeping you sane. Working out start out with cardio and light weight stuff. Mostly with cables or those universal machines. Do the basics, Chest Press, Fly, Delt, Lat Pull down, Row etc.

Working those bigger muscle groups will make your body burn more calories and you'll get used to being "sore" a little more quickly. Drink lots of water and eat lots of protein. Stretch for at least 10 mins after a workout to minimize soreness.

Finally my best piece of advice. If you don't have an iPod go buy one... now.

Throw on all of your favorite music. Nothing slow. Up beat. My favorite training partner is a good house mix and some heavy metal for lifting.

No pain no gain dude. Look at yourself 6 months down the road and you'll be happy you did it.

Whatever you do, don't get frustrated or let egos get to you at the gym. Those dudes are insecure about themselves and they pump and grunt to bring attention to themselves. What makes the difference is you're doing what you need to do to be happy with everything again. Don't get frustrated when you don't see results immediately.

Darkane
11-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Evolize
I'm tired of looking at an unhealthy out of shape ugly body and want to go back to looking what i did in highschool.

However I have so many bad habits that its hard to try and do anything because one habit ties to another.

I have 2-3 coffees every day, one while driving to work while having a smoke. Sometimes with a plain donut.

vending machine at work sells chips and chocolate bars, coke machine with nothing but coke and pepsi. people around me at work and social life that smoke, and i smoke as well. and so many o ther things like fast food that i spend money on, and i wanna stop it all but i know i dont have the will power to.

Whats the best route? this is the first time ive thought about and am committed to making a big change and some help would be appreciated as to how to go about this the best way.

You've already failed saying you don't have the will power.. So quit posting and prove me wrong. :whipped:

www.t-nation.com look for newb diet articles and lifting. DO NOT follow a flex magazine routine for THE LOVE OF GOD, or satan I don't know how you roll.

kerry
11-05-2007, 11:17 PM
This might sound fucked up... but whenever I want some really shitty food I think of how out of shape I used to be. I think "is this *whatever food* really worth being that unhealthy again".

Plus you can still eat great without eating shitty.

Extra Lean Hamburger cooked in the oven and then grilled briefly on a bbq makes for a great mcd's replacement. A lot of the fat comes out when you cook in the oven (on a drip rack) and then quick charring makes it taste like straight off the grill. Plus you can get fat free or low fat cheese and calorie wise mayo.

Or if you're craving fries or shit like that just make yourself some at home. Only the healthy way. You can take baby potatoes and throw them in a frying pan with a light spraying of vegetable oil or a bit of extra virgin olive oil (lots of good fats in that) and just brown in there.

No deep frying and they taste great.

Whole Wheat pasta and chicken or extra lean ground beef again. Make yourself egg sandwiches in the morning with tomato and low fat cheese. Baked chicken breast with seasoning slapped on a whole wheat bun makes for a wicked healthy chicken burger. I could go on man.

Evolize
11-06-2007, 01:08 AM
You guys are all awesome and I am serious about this too.

So far today I've only had 2 large double doubles, one old fashioned plain donut for breakfast (i know i know), a grilled chicken sandwich (not coated and fried) one bottle of apple juice and orange juice from timmies.

I don't feel dead either so I guess this isn't as hard as I make it out to seem.

I left my bank card and only brought $10 with me for the day for food and drinks so the temptation of dropping by wendies on the way home wasnt there cause i had no money to get it

Evolize
11-06-2007, 01:13 AM
I only ate twice today but again I am not hungry.

My problem is not the amount of food intake I have daily, its the amount of bad food that i eat is what does it.....i did reading and my eating habits are definatly shit. i eat once or twice a day and its usually some sort of fast food which is totally (i agree) complete shit for my body but so convenient.

as for the gym, i dont want to go there yet not comfortable and i feel really insecure going out in public and working out but at home here i plan on starting a quick jog / walk around the block. i have a timer that im going to use to see how fast i can eventually run around my block plus pushups and situps on my living room floor.

i appreciate all the PM's i have been getting too, im glad to see some camaraderie here and encouragement. other places ive posted on (real workout/fitness forums) people have done nothing but discourage me and tell me to leave because i am not already at their level of "physicality"

AllGoNoShow
11-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Good on you man, I need to fix my eating habits too, wouldn't mind working out, once I get my mind in that mentalitly I'll give you a ring

Evolize
11-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Good on you man, I need to fix my eating habits too, wouldn't mind working out, once I get my mind in that mentalitly I'll give you a ring hey james! call me 606-6478

A790
11-06-2007, 10:08 AM
dude, quit smoking and hit up the gym. nobody at the gym is going to judge a guy trying to get in shape, trust me.

JRSC00LUDE
11-06-2007, 11:55 AM
A friend of mine stopped drinking and smoking (well, tobacco anyways), cleaned up his diet (as in hasn't ate fast food for nearly two years, bought a bike and started jogging.

He could barely run when he started and now he runs 15K twice a week. Well over 50 pounds later and with no gym membership required, he's healthier and happier than he'd been in many many years.

The only real commitment you have to make is too yourself.